PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 03:45:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 590490 times)
Xeon_Black
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #435 on: 2007 March 24, 14:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
From here, Enayla herself says:
Conceptually, I don't believe in sites that charge you for their content. I do understand donations as a means to keep the site up and running, but not people who charge to actually make money from their content.

I could go into a number of arguments but even after just a cursory glance through this topic, I can see that most of my reasons have been listed. At the core of it, though, part of why I love this game is because of the community. All these people working together to make a better game for everyone. I could charge for my Sims creations but you'll never see me going down that path though the offers haven't exactly been few. Cutting people off from content because they can't shovel out more cash than they already have doesn't seem the least bit fair to me. For the record, I work as a digital artist, I know when to charge money. When? When I'm hired by the people who made a game, wrote a book, directed a movie or worked on a comic book – that's when I have the right to charge them for my time. I won't be making content based on their hard work and then ask other people to pay up without the original creators getting a penny.

Sims 2 isn't a utility program; it can't be compared to Adobe Photoshop or Maya. All of this reminds me of the 'farmers' in the mmorpg communities, people who have forgotten what the game is about to begin with.

So, conceptually, I'm very much against it. Practically, though, I'm guilty of buying custom content – it bugs me, but I've ended up doing it on several occasions from a couple of sites that are hard to match as far as brilliant content goes... and most often, sites that I know from experience are great, who don't charge crazy, undeserved prices for their work and who offers most of it without demanding anything in return. Each to their own, in the end. Like people said, if you don't want to pay for what they sell, then don't. I steer clear of almost all of the sites because I don't find that their content matches their charge.

Never worry about me, though, I'll keep on trucking, charging nothing for my work. That's why I play the game.

That's really great to hear.
I'm also fairly sure it's the real Enayla at TSR. For one, the girl in the avatar looks like her, and it's nicely made with the  "furiae" tag. And the banner with the models, those skins they have, they don't look like any of the ones she had uploaded before, yet they do look like they've been done by her. I know, they're still weak points, but after reading what she just posted about paysites, I'm starting to think she probably joined TSR and uploaded her old stuff just to shut Thomas up :lol:
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2007 March 24, 14:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't think it is her. Especially after reading what she put in that thread. I'm sure Thomas offered her all kinds of money to become an FA already. She's too talented and moral for that. The original things may have been posted by her way back when. Lots of people have been suckered into that, but I don't think the recent post is her.

I could take her banners and do the exact same thing without much trouble at all. Remember until we pointed it out, the user name was "Enalya". I just don't see her as mis-spelling her own name.  :roll:
obscurity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2007 March 24, 15:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think its her either. And if it is, those walls were uploaded in 2004 so I doubt the account is still in use.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: 2007 March 24, 15:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't believe it either until I visited the page, saw the pictures and this:

Current project:

Pixie Forests; Blossom Eyes
The blossom eyes are gently pink with softer, pearl-coloured shards - they go with the Pixie Orchid skin.

And her 1st blog entry:

I have, at long last, decided to post my Skins here.

I make all kinds of things for the game, but only share the eyes and the skins – and there are a good many of them. It just makes me happy to share what I do with the community at large, and have long uploaded my creations at several other sites, but balked at the system here at TSR... but finally gave into the size of the site, and the nice community – I used to hang out in the forums a lot back in the days.

Anyway, I've just finished up my Pixie Multitudes collection and I'm not entirely sure what I'll be up to next. It looks as if it will be another fantasy set, but I'm undecided what, exactly, it will be about.

For the record, for people who don't know my work, the "Pixie skins" aren't actually for pixies. It's just a name I use for a collection of skins that share the same basic muscle tone and also a lot of the same facial features. The naturally coloured ones have little to do with an actual pixie, and a lot of the fantasy skins are a little dark in nature.

Chances are that it will be "Pixie Angelic"... we'll see where fancy takes me.

Anyway, here I am, and I think I might well have come to stay.

What's the verdict now, cap'n?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2007 March 24, 15:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a current project. That's part of her pixie forest series, she released 2 more sets after that: Pixie-demonic and her new pixie-multitude. I'm a pretty obsessive fan of her work. :oops:

Search her name at MTS-2 and you'll find it.

I don't think she's posted pics of her new project yet, but she has mentioned it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2007 March 24, 15:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site reminds me of the Stepford Wives.  Does a new TSR artist get extra money if they write some swimmy-eyed mushy nonsense about it?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: 2007 March 24, 15:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I dunno, but it was posted on the 15th March 2007. *shrugs* I don't follow Enayla because I don't like her stuff, so it's no bother to me. But I don't like you all being sad over it.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2007 March 24, 21:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, having read the latest posts here http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=814667, it seems it was Enayla on TSR, who thankfully appears to have had a change of heart:

I am going to post on TSR, but nothing that I'm not already posting on Insimenator or here – I try not to be exclusive anywhere at this point. My main "home" is elsewhere, and that's where I'll lead anyone who wants more of my stuff. I'd have started my own site a while back but I don't want to end up having to ask for donations to keep it up and running, ha ha (I certainly have enough content for a site, but... yeah.)

As for suckering people in... I don't really think we need to take responsibility for other people's actions; they're not mindless sheep that have no will of their own. If they want to pay for the content at TSR (and admittedly, for the cost, there's a whole lot of things they get compared to some sites), it's their own choice. Let's give everyone a bit of credit for having half a brain, hehe. I'm an idiot occasionally (like subscribing to a site I later found out was stealing copyrighted content, shame on me), but I like to think I live and learn and I'm responsible for my own idiocy. There are no sites out there that hypnotise you into agreeing to their terms... some just have that good content and some are just very skilled at selling themselves – making you think that their work is awesome while it's really quite flawed.

Like I said, conceptually I don't like the idea of paysites and I really wish people would quit trying to make money on a game someone else created, but in practice, it's really people's own business what they do with their money... though I sort of wish that EA would step in at some point.

We all do owe it to ourselves to figure out exactly what it is we're paying for.

[edit] Are you guys saying that I can't delete my own uploads from TSR? Hrm, might just go there now and remove them from the submission list before they're posted.

And:

Huh... well, I withdrew my skins. I still think they were very sweet with me – but I have a policy against posting any of my work (including art) on a site where I'm not in full control of what happens to the content.

So cheers, folks, for helping me against being caught off guard D:

*is happy*

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2007 March 24, 23:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so it was her originally, but it sounds like it all worked out for the best.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: 2007 March 24, 23:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad!
Poor doll though, for not knowing the Evil Truth about Tosserville...

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: 2007 March 24, 23:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its kind of funny that she didn't know. She must really not be into the community that much :lol: . I'm glad she pulled the rest of her stuff. Thomas has to be pissed right about now. I would say "Poor Thomas" but I don't really care for him that much Smiley

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: 2007 March 24, 23:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought everyone knew that Thomas was a tosser  :roll:

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Xeon_Black
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2007 March 25, 09:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot, even better news to hear! So glad she got saved from the evil TSR!

Can't blame her for being in the dark about Thomas and his crew since she's hardly into the "politics". She's just taking the whole Sim stuff as a hobby, as it should be. Besides, she's a real digital artist. She's got lot more things to look into other than Sims.

Seriously, the Sims is the only one game I know of that has caused insanity and grief within the community (let's not count MMORPG though Tongue). I never expected to find dirty secrets like used jock straps, crazy integrities, drama and paranoia from mods, etc. I bet EA never saw this coming. They're either pulling at their hair in frustration, or laughing at all the drama, wondering how could a harmless game caused so much mess :shock:

I'm just waiting for the next big atrocity to happen.  :roll:
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2007 March 25, 10:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm happy  Tongue its all worked out merry in the end

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: 2007 March 25, 13:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Xeon, you forgot faked suicides. And pretenses to be fed up and coming back under the guise of someone else. Cool  :lol:

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: