PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 18:08:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Irony
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Irony  (Read 11564 times)
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« on: 2007 September 23, 14:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how this site was created to share items that should be free. However, I found myself using it most of last night for the sole purpose of finding filenames to REMOVE crappy shite I already payed for. Mostly Peggy hair and SimChic makeup/hair.  I don't know what possessed me to download it in the first place or what possesses them to CHARGE for it!.  :?

Apologies if this post is a repeat.
Lwerszva
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 23, 14:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an entire thread dedicated to the crapisms of paysites. I suggest you take a look at that, rather than posting a new thread.

And uh, search. It's your best friend.  :wink:
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
The Irony
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 23, 14:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, it is an interesting commentary about the state of custom content. So while a new thread might have not have been appropriate, the comment certainly is!

I think that it helps to be able to get the stuff fof free, so if you don't like it, you've not wasted money on it. I'm forever downloading, testing, and deleting.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
The Irony
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 23, 14:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thanks for sharing how YOU use this site. That is vaguely interesting. And I have to admit...the conversation lately is getting pretty boring. We need a troll visit to inspire our wrath.  Tongue Read the FAQs to make sure YOU aren't the one to inspire us!

Still watching you guys
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 23, 14:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, Hec.  I always wanted to see Peggy hair.  It looked so good in pics.  Then, I downloaded and the gaps made my eyes bleed.  We won't even get into Pandora's selling other creator hacks.  

I have in the past couple of weeks looked at paysite clothing and noticed an extreme similiarity to free clothing that I already had.  I even downloaded a couple from the booty to see in game if it was indeed that similiar.  And with the exception of a flower or a bow, they were identical.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 23, 15:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the friendly welcome Lwerszva and SparklePlenty. Cheesy i wouldn't actually say this is how i use this site. i've downloaded a ton of stuff. the clean up was necessary because of all the goodies i've got from here in the past two day. and i'm not a troll either.

i read the faq and i did search for 'filenames for removal' which didn't produce appropriate results. i also apologized up front if my post was repeat. geesh...

i'll just refrain from posting and make everyone happy. m'kay?
tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 23, 15:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell no, don't do that.  They may have given you a gentle reminder, but if they were really ticked off the kitties would come out.  You're fine.

Tim
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
The Irony
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 23, 15:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, don't do that.  An unusual entrance, but at least an interesting read, and not a hint of "where is file 45142541 - can i hav it plz"

Keep posting - you're interesting  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 23, 15:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Calalily didn't ream your ass, and she says your interesting, you should stay.  She's never told me I was interesting....*ponders*   :?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 23, 15:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

armywife i saw that for the first time yesterday (Pandora)! most of the hacks came from MATY or MTS.
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 23, 15:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank u guys. i'll just hold off on starting threads until i'm a bit more familiar with site and rules. i don't want to piss anyone off or get banned. this site is the best thing since sliced bread AND cheese. i feel like the cat that swallowed the canary and i don't want to mess up a good thing.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 23, 16:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never made a new thread but look at my post count.  There's always plenty of discussion around here!  Welcome.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 23, 17:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what makes pay content worth paying for?

Isn't that subjective to aesthetics?

I mean I DETEST different colour hair. other than black brown blonde red and pink. For some reason I like pink. And when I get pay hairstyles I usually get 45 different colours that go with. (slight miscalculation there, but maths was never my bag baby. Well... maybe barf bag..) And having to delete all those colours through bodyshop because sometimes the creator doesn't label them.. or sometimes they do... but for some reason they label them in languages I don't understand... or with numbers :evil:  So I have to do it. Which would be okay if my Bodyshop didn't take three hours to load.
*hic*
I think that if I paid for that stuff.. suuuuurely it would come binned? Or with clear labels that said PURPLE.
Some paysites do... they do... please the plank is slippery tonight...
but not all.

So in my case.. I would expect the content to be properly configured if it was going to cost me money.
I'm sure a creator here said that sometimes the audio in the files is wrong! The audio! And how is that supposed to enhance my gameplay? Offer it for free so I have no excuse to bitch.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 23, 17:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which was exactly why i had to come here to find the filenames for all the garbage i wanted to delete, since the filenames are hidden on the sites i got them from. it's much easier deleting objects than skins. and on that note when you delete items from the buy/build menu are they permanently deleted from your downloads folder? i was wondering about that. i didn't know you could delete skins in body shop. thanks for that bit of info.
tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
The Irony
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 23, 17:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that when you delete an item in buy/build mode it is permanently deleted from the downloads folder.  However, if there was a mesh as part of the file, that might still be in there.  That is also the same with Body Shop items.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: