PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:24:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 22 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 819625 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #90 on: 2009 March 30, 20:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been banned too - which means that there will be two printed pictures, along with a letter.  And multiple letters because I -am- contacting Penny Arcade, X-Play and any other independent source I can think of now.

Someone needs to blow the whistle and investigate -why- the Sims division lets TSR get away with this.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
VaVe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 March 30, 20:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Banned here.
The Maxiods are idiots, how is a ban until thursday going to make everything okay? I'd guess it's just crowd control
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 March 30, 20:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? Because any addition to EA's shitty salary is welcome, I'm guessing? Especially if EA is rewarding you for your 'refreshing idea's on how to work together with the Sims 2 fan Community' Huh

Inactive
Fresh-Prince
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 March 30, 20:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just horrible what happened to buggybooz.

I have no words. Its just absolutely horrible.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 March 30, 20:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Passes Darqstar a cookie* The ban sting will go away soon! LMAO..wow the nerve they have. You posted nothing but a well stated opinion that never broke any of their posted rules. I guess they should let the community see their supa sekret tsr handbook rules...

I've never been banned from any forum before.  It's a new experience for me!   Cheesy  I used to hang out there quite a bit.  I remember getting royally flamed once, by someone because I dared to state I wasn't eager to see Pets in the game.  And when I say flamed, I mean flamed.  And the person signed the hell out of my GB there, also telling me off.  And, making physical threats against me too.  Along with wishes that I get sick and die, so on and so forth. Really amateur stuff, but it was pretty nasty.

They got a warning.  A warning, that's it.  I write that I agree with people, and I get banned.

Why doesn't EA just come out and say, "Anything TSR does is aces in our book!"  

I'm curious if anyone else gets banned over this, or if I'm especially evil in their eyes.  If I got banned, shouldn't everyone who started one of those threads get banned too?

Edit: FreshPrince, you're right. It is horrible.  Thanks for reminding me that my banning is nothing compared to what Buggy has gone through.  Shakeshaft is a thief!  I'm just glad they could fix Buggy's issues on MTS2

Another Edit:  Soggy, I'm sorry you got banned too.  At least I feel less alone *hands Soggy a milkshake* 

I just don't believe that EA is willing to pretend none of this exists.   THe only problem is that unless you understand the situation, unless you've been involved in custom content, this doesn't seem like that big a deal.  It's like when fanfiction is stolen (which I've had happen) while it's terrible, there isn't much that can be done and it's tough to explain to someone from the outside.

The biggest thing I have to remember (offline) is to make sure my family doesn't get me Sims3  for Christmas or my birthday or something, knowing that usually with me, a Sim game is a surefire hit.  I don't want EA making money off of me directly or indirectly. 

« Last Edit: 2009 March 30, 20:38:49 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 March 30, 20:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They probably gave a list of names for people to ban. You're a 'traitor' to TSR, along with Paleo among others, so you're first to go.
And yes they know the reaction is completely over the top and unfair, and that is why all proof is being deleted.

Inactive
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 March 30, 20:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are ridiculous. Period. I am sure they will ban me next ^-* I'm surprised as well Darqstar, that they didn't ban every single person who wrote in that thread-Everyone was agreeing and stating pretty much the same thing you said *shrugs* There's no words to describe their hypocrisy and retardation. They are as low as tsr is. And I don't think anyone would want to be in that category.

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2009 March 30, 20:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, that makes three of us banned?

And I've been banned before, for calmly stating that while I was sorry other people's feelings had been hurt, but they needed to consider that maybe the person who'd just lost a toe might have feelings too.'  I was IP banned for that, because goodness, couldn't hurt this one person's feelings.  The site owner had/has a crush on her. Tongue

This time, it just makes me more and more determined.

www.thestormradio.com
KiwiJaye
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 March 30, 20:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm RoofPigExpected, and as of three seconds ago I'm banned till April 2. Oh, noes. Guess I'll have to switch to one of my other accounts.  Tongue My "Least Favorite CC Site and Why? thread has been deleted too.

I'd really like to know how a least favorite cc site thread is off topic.

Here's Drea's newest sticky: "It would seem some of our community members don't have anything better to do today other than post off topic threads and hijack old discussions that happened earlier in the month. We've spent the whole morning trying to keep the boards clean.

Please do not post Off Topic threads or hijack existing threads. Continuing to do this will result in a temp ban.

Eesh. I hate playing the Bad Cop."
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 March 30, 20:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bloody insanity   Angry
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2009 March 30, 20:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a fucking hypocritical piece of shit.  Drea, may you get -exactly- what you deserve too.  And if by chance you're just taking orders, then I wish the person giving you orders to get exactly what he or she deserves too.

Never mess with a practicing witch.

And yay milkshakes!

*starts making rum popcorn balls for all the folks getting banned*

www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 March 30, 20:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's Drea's newest sticky: "It would seem some of our community members don't have anything better to do today other than post off topic threads and hijack old discussions that happened earlier in the month. We've spent the whole morning trying to keep the boards clean.

Please do not post Off Topic threads or hijack existing threads. Continuing to do this will result in a temp ban.

Interesting.  Love how some of us didn't get that warning, we were just BANNED!  

From now on then, they should delete any thread that says anything about custom content, good or bad.  If it's against the rules, then it's against the rules.

And what old discussions were hijacked?  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Darby
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 March 30, 20:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chiming in: I've been pretty damned vocal about all this crap myself (tamandar75 on the BBS), and my account has NOT yet been banned.  I keep refreshing my simpage to see if they're going to get around to it.   Cheesy

But if the maxoids hadn't deleted the threads I'm sure the TSR cheerleader of the BBS AussieKoala (god I don't know someone else on that forum I've wanted to strangle more) would have derailed them.
AussieKoala is an EA sock if I ever saw one.   Tongue

Neriana, are you serious about Maxoids being TSR employees and not EA employees?  If that's true, the relationship EA denies having with TSR must go back a long way.  Very discouraging, really.  I'm more and more convinced, especially in the last couple days, that there's not a damned thing we can do to change EA's business practices with our petty little complaints.  They've got a way of being in place, and they're way beyond seeing reason.  I've recently begun to think they don't give a shit for long-term business because they see the ship sinking anyway, and perhaps Riccitiello is counting on one last bit of pocket lining with the Sims 3 base game before the whole thing goes under. 
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 March 30, 20:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got banned by TSR way back in the Sims 1 days.  Does anyone here remember that charming soul SM Lust?  Founder and major contributor to the first evil paysite-- 8DS?  He used to show up on the TSR boards and start announcing that he was going to "expose" people he disliked.  Steve, GFM and Tug would just ignore him.  I finally got pissed off and told him what I thought of him, and he "exposed" me.  Apparently I had somehow caused Miffy (now Bunny Huggles) to get all depressed and suicidal by writing an article on a subject that Miffy had considered writing an article on.  Even Miffy said this was BS, BTW.

Shortly after that I got in an arguement with some of the goths on the site, they violated site rules and I got banned.  Putting two and two together, I still think it was because I was mean to Steve's buddy Lusty.  And that was shortly after they'd turned pay, so he was probably hoping to recruit him and I messed that up.

I may have been banned again today, but since I changed my new password to deliberately random letters so I couldn't be tempted to get back on, I'll never know.....

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 March 30, 20:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana, are you serious about Maxoids being TSR employees and not EA employees?  If that's true, the relationship EA denies having with TSR must go back a long way.  Very discouraging, really.  I'm more and more convinced, especially in the last couple days, that there's not a damned thing we can do to change EA's business practices with our petty little complaints.  They've got a way of being in place, and they're way beyond seeing reason.  I've recently begun to think they don't give a shit for long-term business because they see the ship sinking anyway, and perhaps Riccitiello is counting on one last bit of pocket lining with the Sims 3 base game before the whole thing goes under. 

Yes. I don't think EA knows about this, because it would certainly be in violation of the Maxoids' contracts. I do think it's entirely plausible that Riccitello and his buddies are lining their golden parachutes for when EA does go under. Considering the way he's gone shooting his mouth off about the video game industry, and the counterproductive things he's been doing with EA, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: