PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:34:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days  (Read 27686 times)
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Top 10 worst Paysites since TS1 days
« Reply #60 on: 2007 September 25, 00:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes a conversation has run its course. The problem with bringing an old thread back is that you're taking a gamble that people who haven't thought about it in weeks will suddenly want to talk about it again. Anyone considering raising the dead would be well served to read all the current threads and see how the general tone of things is. There are several talkative newcomers recently who might be happy to contribute, but the weekend seemed to be one harassment after the other. In this case it was probably a case of bad timing with many of the regulars quite tetchy before it happened.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 September 25, 00:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
I agree that we can jump on the Necromancy thing a bit quick.  It's just a shock to those of us who have been around awhile.  I, for one, will be more tolerating.  After all, we do have a lot of new members.

Certain subjects just suck, though, like the Delphy crap and Lyric Lee.   :roll:

i know i promised to "lurk more - post less," but i couldn't resist...

calling me a "dumb ass" is your idea of tolerance?

to be honest i failed to look at the date of the thread/last post. i wouldn't have revived it otherwise, considering how much i'd already been scolded. the thread was near the top of the forum, so i mistakenly assumed it was active. the active threads at the time (delphy and lyric lee) were of no interest to me, because i don't know anything about either of them and i tend to shy away from gossip. i opt for threads related to sites and/or crappy downloads in oppose to those involving gossip about people i don't know.

i do find it interesting that reviving old threads is tantamount to death at the stake, but flaming, degrading and being unnecessarily mean to new members (that mean no harm) is totally acceptable.

i guess i'm too chatty and sensitive for u guys. i'm approaching this forum like a knitting circle instead of a pirate's ship. :oops:
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 September 25, 00:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "slickchick"
Quote from: "keirra"
I agree that we can jump on the Necromancy thing a bit quick.  It's just a shock to those of us who have been around awhile.  I, for one, will be more tolerating.  After all, we do have a lot of new members.

Certain subjects just suck, though, like the Delphy crap and Lyric Lee.   :roll:

Keep in mind that keirra said "will be", which means in the future she will be more accommodating (she was admitting to being perhaps a bit too quick to jump on people). Keirra already admitted to being wrong, don't push her any further :lol: .

(Sorry, I couldn't resist either)

This place can be tough on the new, sensitive, and uncareful. It's also an attitude and culture that we expect people to have understood and be prepared for when they post (which is why we always tell people to LURK MOAR).
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 September 25, 01:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slickchick, you'll get the hang of it.   Since several really old threads were resurrected at about the same time, and we were getting some really stupid trolls, you kind of got in the middle of that.  

I lurked for a very long time before posting.  There are times we all will disagree with one another.  The freedom that you have on this forum enables you to speak your mind.  Sometimes, we are a little quick to jump, but I can assure you Keirra is really not a mean person, she just doesn't put up with bullshit.  She did admit that she may have been too quick to post, so let's all move on.  You'll get used to us here and the way things are done.   Most of us are pretty blunt and don't pretty it up too much.  So, welcome and if you have a question or are not sure about something, you are always welcome to pm me and I'll be glad to help you.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 September 25, 02:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "slickchick"

To be fair, nobody said you were a "hopeless" dumb ass.  

That just might be as good as it gets. After all, we do have our dastardly reputations to consider. :wink:
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 September 25, 02:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky.....are you stalking me again you big hunk?  I know, you just can't help yourself.   :lol:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2007 September 25, 03:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the first and worst sims 1 paysite I ever came accross was mall of the sims. I'm shocked to see it still exists.

http://www.mallofthesims.com/

of course for sims 2 paysites, TSR still wears the suckyness of all sucky crown.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 September 25, 07:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

slickchick, what armywife and mando said.  If you check the the post times, I said dumb asses before I said I will be more tolerable.

If your too sensitive (your words) than you won't be happy here.  Just live and learn and have some rum.  :wink:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 September 26, 16:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the first and worst sims 1 paysite I ever came accross was mall of the sims. I'm shocked to see it still exists.

http://www.mallofthesims.com/

That fucking site kept charging me after I canceled and I was never able to DL anything! When I got in touch with my credit card company, the girl on the phone told me they got several complaints about that site. I can't remember how exactly I got them to stop charging me, but I did end up with a new CC account number and I do believe the company flagged them as a scam or something like that. Wish I could remember the exact details, but alas. *shrugs* That site and TSR are the reasons I do not sub to any place anymore. I will give a donation to help a FREE site though.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 September 27, 22:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All this times you guys were hissing about someone named Buntah. And I was scratching my head going.. now where have I heard that name before??
So I googled it and found this:
http://personal-computer-tutor.com/sims2/

Is this Linda person Buntah? If that's the case, she's a untalented thief! Her stuff is hideous! $13 bucks? Is she mad? I remember that site! I had buried it in the deep recess of my mind and now it's back... urgh

I don't like paysites that offer crap downloads because obviously I've of the mind that if I paid for something it better be perfectly configured and supported. 4Ever Sim Fantasy is still offering old Kitchens that have not been updated for seasons and they have even said that "may not be compatible with later Sims Ep's". Then why charge for them? Bastards!

I don't like Sim Connection... their stuff is an eyesore.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2007 September 27, 23:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deelink"
Is this Linda person Buntah?

Yes.  Imagine the pure evil of Buntah and Atwa eh?  Combined together in one mega clusterfuck site - that should keep you up at nights.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 September 28, 04:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Yes.  Imagine the pure evil of Buntah and Atwa eh?  Combined together in one mega clusterfuck site - that should keep you up at nights.

Well, you know the old expression; When Satan can't be there in person he sends a couple of old greedy untalented twats from TSR.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2007 September 28, 05:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"

Well, you know the old expression; When Satan can't be there in person he sends a couple of old greedy untalented twats from TSR.

That is so fucking funny - we missed you Snarky.  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 September 28, 05:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MOAR SNARKY!

Yer in fine form tonight, sir.   :lol:

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 September 28, 12:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deelink"
Is this Linda person Buntah?

:shock:

I'm awake... I'm very awake...
I tried to think what they would make with their powers combined and I found this
http://www.sippicancottagefurniture.com/ugly45.jpg
And then I thought...
I want to do THIS
http://www.sippicancottagefurniture.com/ugly45.jpg

Ah... looking at the burning makes me a happy pirate says I  :twisted:

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: