PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:48:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Numenor's Opinion of pay vs free
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Numenor's Opinion of pay vs free  (Read 33831 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Numenor's Opinion of pay vs free
« Reply #75 on: 2007 August 24, 14:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "neriana"
No we won't. People will come along and fill in the gaps -- though honestly, what gaps? Peggy?

What are you talking about? Peggy has lots of gaps! Have you SEEN some of the crap she's peddling

If there are gaps to fill, Peggy sure as hell isn't filling them! :lol:

ETA:  constructive criticism + not asked for + creator with paper skin = Head EXPLODE!

ETA2:  Numenor- He makes some sense in his ramblings but he doesn't seem to understand PMBD-how it works and that it doesn't do favoritism.

Quote from: "Numenor"
Numenor Moddings is a paysite? Must it be destroyed? You can think whatever you want; I think that it's like shooting at the Red Cross.

Call 9-1-1!  Numenor's inflated head is going to.. you guessed it!  EXPLODE!

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 August 24, 17:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No we won't. People will come along and fill in the gaps -- though honestly, what gaps? Peggy?

What are you talking about? Peggy has lots of gaps! Have you SEEN some of the crap she's peddling?
Did I mention the godawful example of Peggy gapness I saw recently? Blythe was taking one of the Free Love spawn to their birthday cake. you could see her teeth through the neck gap. If I can find the pic (I think I deleted it) when I get home in a few, I'll post it. It's a relatively recent hair, too.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 August 24, 18:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
amazone: I think you have missed this sarcasm level on this site.

We're pirates, even though we don't actually "pirate" any content, we buy it and file-share it. There are a few exceptions, but, typically, any actual sharing in the "pirate" sense is done through PMs, and I haven't seen any threads on OMBD offering EA Games' property for free.

We have a "worship me and my creations" thread, although we don't want or expect worship, and some of us are aware we are not the best creators within the community. If I recall correctly, that thread was started as a poke at self-important creators who think their efforts deserve paid reward or grovelling and ass-kissing.

We talk about sharing rum and cookies, but I still have to go buy my own.

There's a level of whimsy and sarcasm here that may be flying over your head, if you are misinterpreting our lingo and slang and believing it to be serious.

The only thing we are serious about is complying with the EULA and making sure all custom content is available to anyone.

Nice of you to teach me Lorelei, as if i did not know already. I am the person i am, take it or leave it. I can also be sarcastic, but people might misunderstood me, maybe it's a language barriere, i don't know, or i have a very special humor. But i was serious about the feedback thing, i can be brutally honest myself, but also nice if i see someone is making stuff i really like. By the way - you are one of my favorites here, i think you write a lot who makes great sense Smiley

This post is edited by me.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 August 24, 19:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are you talking about? Peggy has lots of gaps! Have you SEEN some of the crap she's peddling?

Which is why I thought to use her as an example :wink:.

Numenor compared himself to the RED CROSS? Dear goddess.

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 August 25, 00:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"

Numenor Moddings is a paysite? Must it be destroyed? You can think whatever you want; I think that it's like shooting at the Red Cross.

If the Red Cross tried to make me pay to get their food/water, yes I'd shoot them.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2007 August 25, 02:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazone: I'm sorry if my post felt harsh to you. Perhaps *I* misunderstood *you*! Smiley

I just don't think the "worship me" thread is meant to be taken seriously. No one has, at least, taken it seriously so far.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 August 25, 02:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call 9-1-1! Numenor's inflated head is going to.. you guessed it! EXPLODE!

No kidding. I couldn't believe that he wrote that.
How making nifty stuff for pixel dollies equates to saving lives is beyond me.
Hopefully I'm just scrutinizing that too hard or something and he didn't really mean it like that...? :?
And welcome back.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 August 25, 03:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"
Amazone: I'm sorry if my post felt harsh to you. Perhaps *I* misunderstood *you*! Smiley

I just don't think the "worship me" thread is meant to be taken seriously. No one has, at least, taken it seriously so far.

Well, I take it seriously, but when I make comments I do it as a serious attempt to constructively evaluate the work that is posted there. I don't think I've ever given anybody all raves in the "worship me" thread, but I am always impressed by the work that people put out and by their acceptance of honest, fair criticism (requested or not :wink: ). I think in some ways that is what that thread has evolved into and it's one of the few places in the Sims world that people can find fair assessments about their work (and it is certainly not about worshipping anyone :lol: ).
mistymage
Landlubber

corn pirate, 1$ each

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 August 25, 03:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"

If the Red Cross tried to make me pay to get their food/water, yes I'd shoot them.

You know what? One year the river here flooded big time.  The little town to the north of us was awash.. but our house was high enough to be high and dry.  The Red Cross came by and was almost crying because we wouldn't take anything from them.  Although my kitchen could have used a new mop, broom and cleaning supplies , I kept telling them we didn't need anything.  Finally I allowed my children to accept some granola bars.

My point:

Rum is good, banoobies is better and any content created for Sims games should be given from the heart .. just as the funds raised and the volunteer time are given from the Red Cross. Numenor needs to get over himself... I'm glad that Gnohmon (Sims 1) is free and fileshare friendly!

I wonder how hard it would be for Pescado to come up with a CEP with his own twists to it?

~misty

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 August 25, 07:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is basically a fundamental misunderstanding of what CEP really involves. CEP itself is a fairly simple procedure to do, as far as just making everything recolorable. It's a somewhat tedious procedure, but it's in and of itself, simple. Numenor's contribution to the making of CEP is really not the actual making of CEP itself, but the discovery of the method by which such a thing was possible.

I, however, do not use CEP and have no particular need for filling my game with crappy recolors. I need my game loading FAST, because otherwise nothing would ever get done.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 August 25, 10:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is basically a fundamental misunderstanding of what CEP really involves. CEP itself is a fairly simple procedure to do, as far as just making everything recolorable. It's a somewhat tedious procedure, but it's in and of itself, simple. Numenor's contribution to the making of CEP is really not the actual making of CEP itself, but the discovery of the method by which such a thing was possible.

I, however, do not use CEP and have no particular need for filling my game with crappy recolors. I need my game loading FAST, because otherwise nothing would ever get done.

You and me both, if my game took longer than a few minutes to load I'd control alt delete close the sucker, go on a deleting rampage and reboot.  Which is why I delete 90 percent of recolors. Patience is not my best virtue.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 August 25, 14:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats ok Lorelei Smiley What i meant was to show some feedback to the
free creators who run free sites, and free creators at MTS2 or other phorums, like Insim too. I did never expect, or wanted people worshipping each other here, heck, we're pirates, lol.

Hawkgirl:
Does really recolors slow the game down? I thought retextures would
do the same thing, or all downloads, it depends how much one have in that map. ?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 August 25, 15:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
You and me both, if my game took longer than a few minutes to load I'd control alt delete close the sucker, go on a deleting rampage and reboot.  Which is why I delete 90 percent of recolors. Patience is not my best virtue.

A *FEW* minutes? I run lean and mean at a mere 80 MB, and if it took a *FEW* minutes, as opposed to *LESS THAN* a minute, I'd have quit ages ago.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 August 25, 15:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well actually,Pescado, the recolors don't really effect the loading time that much. Unless you're timing your loading time. Maybe not even then. All the other stuff do though. But maybe you're just anal about your loading time. Heh.  :roll:  *likes to live dangerously*

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2007 August 25, 15:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

A *FEW* minutes? I run lean and mean at a mere 80 MB, and if it took a *FEW* minutes, as opposed to *LESS THAN* a minute, I'd have quit ages ago.

well then, you would absolutely hate doing anything on my computer.  It's jam packed with sims 2, and then miscellaneous crap, and is older than methuseleh.  I don't think I've ever had the game load in less than a minute.  I usually click on it, and then wander off for about 5 minutes, smoke a cigarette, and then come back and load whatever neighborhood I'm playing. Then the game runs fine.  It's at least just the load that is excessively long.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: