PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:09:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)  (Read 25670 times)
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
« Reply #45 on: 2007 January 02, 17:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO, I like a thread to stay on topic especailly when it is about a sim problem. (I admit I'm just as guilty as anyone else of dragging one off topic....) Some of the threads here, for instance, drive me a bit batty because they often melt into a moronic banter between several of the 'regulars' (forum flys? Smiley lol I'm one!) but gotta take the good with the bad and this site is very good about not censoring or cattering to the G-rated population. JM is steady and mature and funny. None better to run a site. Ditto for Bluesoup.

What I hate most about Delphy is he blows with the wind and may or may not 'be cool' on any given day so your posts may or may not be edited or deleted according to his latest mood and what he's told his droogies. That mixed with droogies having power like Lyriclee did just sucks. Delphy did nothing about her for too long. I have no doubt that he will find another like her, just a matter of time.

I must say tho, that overall Delphy has, whatever his hidden agenda, done quite a lot for the community and he deserves accolades. But I have a personal grudge against him since I found myself a victim of his 'moody mercy' for too long to forget it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 January 02, 17:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "PirateBooty"

Well see, there's these things called site rules made by Delphy himself. He appoints moderators to uphold those site rules, of which certain posts get deleted. Therefore they are doing their job, doubtful that they delete stuff "because they feel like it" or have their panties in a wad. To be fair, it's Delphy's rules and way of running the forum you should have issues with rather than the mods who are just doing as told.

I don't accept the "only doing their job" argument for voluntary moderators.   If they didn't agree with what they were asked to do, or the way they were meant to do it, why would they be doing it?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 January 02, 17:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see anything hugely objectionable in the rules. It's not there are illegal goings on.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 January 02, 17:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing wrong with MTS2 as it is now.  But whatever is wrong with the moderation of any site is freely entered into by the moderators involved regardless of whose idea the rule was.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
lookatmytreasurechest
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 January 02, 19:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"
IMO, I like a thread to stay on topic especailly when it is about a sim problem. (I admit I'm just as guilty as anyone else of dragging one off topic....) Some of the threads here, for instance, drive me a bit batty because they often melt into a moronic banter between several of the 'regulars' (forum flys? Smiley lol I'm one!) but gotta take the good with the bad and this site is very good about not censoring or cattering to the G-rated population. JM is steady and mature and funny. None better to run a site. Ditto for Bluesoup.

I agree with you. I like the fact that we can pretty much say anything we want and state our opinions like ADULTS (most of the time anyway). Pescado can be obnoxious as hell but that's what I like bout his online personality. BlueSoup is cool as hell from what I've seen. I'm glad they made this forum and site. Smiley There is SOME stuff I could do without, but like you said take the good with the bad!!

quot;Am I cursed, while on this earth?
Cause I can't find, better days...." Z-Ro
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Delphy and the spirit of free speech *snort*
« Reply #50 on: 2007 January 02, 21:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "icedwhitemocha"
I was just skimming the "Why do people hate paysites?" thread at S2C, and I found myself getting infuriated at Delphy.  The holes in the discussion where posts have been edited or completely burninated got worse and worse as you went on - some sort of intellectual Swiss cheese!
I've collected all the "holes" from three pages of the thread.  It's rather disturbing in its length, let alone the reasons given.

Page 3 of thread:
-Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Justifying something as a "test" still doesn't make it right to re-distribute things without others consent
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Do not link to sites that encourage theft of intellectual property from other creators
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Keep on discussion
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Replying to now deleted post
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Replying to now deleted post
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Keep discussion on topic please.
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Irrelevant to discussion
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: ...
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: ...
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. And now he isn't even bothering to give a reason...
-This message has been deleted by Delphy.
- Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Removed reference to now deleted quoted post
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: See preivous deleted post on this matter.
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Keep to the discussion please
- This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Adds nothing to the discussion What, is this a speech and debate tournament? WTH?

Page 4 of thread:
- Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Removed references to now removed links
-I find it highly ironic to include this post, which didn't get burninated:
Quote from: "surelyfunke"
Some of us are saving this thread, to encapsulate one of the rare moments that honest, free speech and healthy debate was allowed on S2C!

HA.
- Last edited by Delphy : 12-15-2006 at 08:42 AM.

Page 5 of thread:
-And around here the great Delphy himself lowers himself to enter discussion:
Quote from: "Delphy"
A lot of people in this thread are anti-Paysite, but the thread starter posed an interesting question which deserves both sides of the discussion, not just one.

I would like people to therefore explain why they like paysites, and why they pay money for them. Note this that this does not mean you can just say "I like (insert site here)". You have to say "I like (insert site here) and I support them being a paysite becuase of X and Y and Z". In other words, clarify your ethos. Let's not have this all one sided with the nays, shall we?

I am watching what people say here, and any discussion that strays off the topic will be dealt with accordingly, as will specific bashes against people and linking to sites that promote theft of intellectual properly.

With that said, I will leave this open for a while longer to see where it goes - this topic gets raised every couple of days it seems, so in the holiday spirit, I wont lock it down unless you lot cause trouble.

"You have to say..." "I am watching what people say here..." GRR the bastard makes me angry. And of course the very next post was a sheep thanking him for bringing order. *sigh*
Back to the list (still on page 5):

-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Off topic
-At this point is something very confusing: Delphy eloquently presents many of the arguments Blue, Surelyfunke, and Pescado had been using.  He makes excellent points.  I agree with what he says.  *shakes head*
-This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Why not just *ask* the site in question instead of cluttering up this thread. He was probably justified in deleting this one, looking at the other posts by this dumbass sheep.
-A post by the afore-mentioned dumbass sheep:

Quote from: "FreakAboutSims"
Well said Delphy. Wow, I never heard an admin curse before on a Sims 2 message boards. As for atavera's custom instruments, I am angry. Nobody cannot get his downloads anymore because he deleted all of his post. I was really hoping to get his stores, now that I could unzip them. But of chorse he deleted them before I could even save them onto a disc. Why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh.  There's another ass-licking at the end of this page (STILL pg. 5!):
Quote from: "Alkinze"
I hope that you consider this on topic, but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Okay, 5 pages is about enough for folks to get the idea.  I just wanted to put things into perspective.  I also wanted to vent to people who WON'T delete my posts or lock this thread (or ban me).  

BTW, the entire 35-page piece of Swiss cheese is still online: http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=30984&page=1&pp=25

Yeah, my post was one of those many that got deleted by that tyrant with a statement telling me to stay on topic.. I was on topic. He just didn't like what I said.    

[/b]

What? Give me a freakin break!!  Humph! since when has there ever been a human with superior knowledge.. Since when did he put himself upon a pedestol to be warshiped?  I bow to no human.

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
lookatmytreasurechest
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Delphy and the spirit of free speech *snort*
« Reply #51 on: 2007 January 02, 22:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/b]
Shouldn't that have been deleted by Delphy? It adds nothing to the topic or conversation............

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 January 02, 22:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I think that was the post that prompted me to call them an ass-kisser. Tongue

Of course that got deleted.
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 January 03, 00:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But apparently the ass-kissing itself didn't. :roll:
lookatmytreasurechest
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 January 03, 02:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
LOL I think that was the post that prompted me to call them an ass-kisser. Tongue

Of course that got deleted.

It's funny how he'll delete stuff that isn't up to his "standards" for being off topic!! But if you're suckin his ass, that's COMPLETELY got EVERYTHING to do with a topic about paysites.....

PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 January 03, 05:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
There's nothing wrong with MTS2 as it is now.  But whatever is wrong with the moderation of any site is freely entered into by the moderators involved regardless of whose idea the rule was.

Okay so there's nothing wrong with it.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 January 03, 06:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theres nothing wrong with anyplace as long as you just download, and lurk, dont post in the forum, and just go play. Simdom is then akin to Disneyland.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 03, 08:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, alright, I changed the name of the thread.  Apparently the sarcasm went over some people's heads or something, since I never thought Delphy had any obligation to honor free speech.

sheesh :roll:

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 03, 09:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like your title change for the thread, Iced. I bet delphy isnt having much fun right now look like Mts2 still out.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 January 03, 09:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I'm feeling a little sorry for delphy right now; I noticed earlier that there are some major problems in the new system.  Example: you can't look at a single creator's downloads anymore.  Every link on their profile takes you to the download page  :?

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: