PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:02:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)  (Read 25676 times)
lookatmytreasurechest
ARR!

View Profile
A rant over Delphy's censoring (happy piratebooty)
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 01, 22:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

I like rose-colored worlds also, but when my world is rose-colored, it is so because it is DRENCHED IN THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES! I want to see BLOOD! I want to BATHE in their blood! I want to bathe in their blood FOR A WEEK! Now, KILL THEM ALL!

OT- I fucking *LOVE* you Pescado!! You make me laugh to no end!! Smiley ok now back to y'alls regularly scheduled topic!! Smiley

quot;Am I cursed, while on this earth?
Cause I can't find, better days...." Z-Ro
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 01, 22:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
There's no rule that someone can't be both pleasant and aggressive.  I am both, I think.

Of course, and all shades in between. I just meant those as approaches, not rigid personality types.

I do both myself, depending on how I judge the person arguing. It probably doesn't show up well here, since the majority of paysite supporters who come to these boards are in combat mode themselves, or have entitlement issues that can't be worked around.

And for the record, I personally don't think it's nice to share someone's work without their permission, but I do think it's appropriate to do so when they're in the wrong.
Especially when they're claiming someone else's meshes and textures, but want their "rights" respected.

I'll stop violating their TOS as soon as they stop violating the EULA.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 01, 23:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, the reason I share content isn't for some noble purpose, really.  I figure if I buy it, then I can share it. *shrug*  It's got nothing to do with EULA's for me.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 01, 23:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "The ISZ"
Yeah, free speech on HIS terms.  Freedom of speech is allowed there as long as it fits his criteria.   :roll:

Same O' Same O'.  Shit never changes.

There is no freedom of speech on a private website. That's something a lot of you need to learn.

Anyway, I'll share payfiles as long as there are paysites.

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 02, 00:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
See, the reason I share content isn't for some noble purpose, really.  I figure if I buy it, then I can share it. *shrug*  It's got nothing to do with EULA's for me.
And that's just as valid as my reason, and both are just as valid as "I won't share anything, because that's stooping to their level."  Cheesy

When the community has to police itself in the absence of the developer, you can only do what you feel is the most right.
There won't be a true right until there's an answer.

Quote from: "PirateBooty"
There is no freedom of speech on a private website. That's something a lot of you need to learn.
Yes. If Pescado said no one could talk about strawberries because he breaks out in hives when he reads the word, he can enforce that any way he pleases.
Your house, your rules.

When Delphy censors opinions (not moderates for insults or true derails), that's shitty and hypocritical- but it's not illegal.
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 02, 03:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, I'm fully aware that it's Delphy's website and he can do whatever the hell he wants and silence whomever he pleases.  I'm not an idiot.  That doesn't make it out of line to be irritated with excessive censoring, regardless of legality.

Quote from: "LesserOr"
When Delphy censors opinions (not moderates for insults or true derails), that's shitty and hypocritical- but it's not illegal.

Exactly my point.  You said it better than I just did lol.

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 02, 03:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree but the thread was started referencing delphy and free speech - of which there is none. Had it been a rant about delphy and his retarded censoring, that's a different story.

exnemsims exnemsims
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 02, 06:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 2 cents about censoring and all that stuff.

When you are a forum admin (or even moderator), you have a specific role, so to speak you wear a uniform. A good admin/moderator, usually tries to keep separated "as an admin" and "as a person" actions and thoughts: this is very, very important, probabily the most important rule in community administration.

Honestly, I find that thread administered very well, and not by Delphy only, despite of many deleted posts and such.
As a normal user and poster, I think I would be disappointed, if one of my posts got deleted for any reason - it's normal, anybody thinks that his/her words are important, but an admin/mod has to focus on the whole result of the thread, and very often you have to cut some parts, for a better whole result.

So, I do not call that a censorship: to me, censorship raise when an admin/mod puts his/her personal feelings upon forum rules and common sense. This should be an abuse of their power tools.

As an example, I'm much more disappointed for that single Inge's post deleted on Insimenator, than 5678768 posts deleted by Delphy on that thread on MTS2, because I have the feeling that in this case beosbebox hasn't acted as a good admin, but was pushed by personal reasons only.

In any case, I don't know beosbebox and Delphy as well, and I may be very wrong: but it's the overall behavior of people that counts the most, and I hang out in this community for too less time to know better.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 02, 06:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a moderator or site owner disapproves of a poster, I believe Pescado's approach is best. Either lock the thread or exile them to Retardoland. Deletion of posts is anal, even if they are off topic. If the topic is important, it will re-rail itself.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 02, 07:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, free speech on HIS terms.  Freedom of speech is allowed there as long as it fits his criteria.   :roll:

Same O' Same O'.  Shit never changes.

Anyway, I'll share payfiles as long as there are paysites.

No shit.  I am not a complete retard.  He can do whatever he wants with his site.  I got that.

I have always hated the way his forums and others have been moderated.  Most of the stuff they delete is harmless. It looks bad when you see that 10 replies have been deleted in a thread.  It wasn't that what they were saying was violating the terms of the site, although a few were.  It's that they nit pick and delete posts because it's OT or other lame reasons.  

That is one of the reasons I refuse to post in forums like that.  It gets old real quick and why bother posting when half of the time your posts will just get deleted because they just feel like it.

Deletions of posts that do not violate the terms of the site is screwed up, in my opinion.  I get sick of forum Nazi's bitching about OT posts.  They need get their panties out of bunch and lighten up a bit.

o man is totally useless — he can always serve as a bad example.
Paysites Will Be Defeated!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 02, 07:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a very well run forum that deleted its posts, for all it's worth.  (Aside from spambots, which is another issue.)
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 02, 08:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone notice this little tidbit buried in the thread so deeply and said so asidely that it slipped past me on first reading?

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=30984&page=5&pp=25

Melanie:
I was given a choice to either get stuff packs or get the subscription. I chose subscription, not too many objects in stuff packs in comparison to paysites.

If EA thinks ignoring paysites will help them, they're sadly mistaken. It is true that custom content is very often of better quality than anything EA produces, and if this is common, then paysites are actually dragging business away from the game (politically, it is presumed that if one person vocalises something, 100 more are thinking it). People only have so much money.

EA either needs to get better at content, or deal with the sites. Or both. Yeah, my money's on both.  Cheesy

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 02, 09:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No kidding lots of people feel that way. Especially when the stuff packs are 50% loaded with floors and wallpapers that there are gillion of on the web free. I just wrote a long post to mystery on the BBS and was mentioning this, after posting, my post vanished Sad. i made some good points too.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
bethgael
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 02, 16:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"

As an example, I'm much more disappointed for that single Inge's post deleted on Insimenator, than 5678768 posts deleted by Delphy on that thread on MTS2, because I have the feeling that in this case beosbebox hasn't acted as a good admin, but was pushed by personal reasons only.

Inge's post wasn't the only one deleted. There were at least four (if we're talking about the same thread re exnem's site), 2 from Inge, 1 or 2 from a user I didn't recognise and mine. Of course... it is 2.30 in the a/m here and I'm not entirely sure who everyone is yet even when I am mostly awake...

At least when Delphy wants to say something's bullshit, he does it publicly and with full explanation as to what he means by it rather than sending a snide cowardly pm. Smiley

PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 02, 17:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No shit.  I am not a complete retard.  He can do whatever he wants with his site.  I got that.

I have always hated the way his forums and others have been moderated.  Most of the stuff they delete is harmless. It looks bad when you see that 10 replies have been deleted in a thread.  It wasn't that what they were saying was violating the terms of the site, although a few were.  It's that they nit pick and delete posts because it's OT or other lame reasons.  

That is one of the reasons I refuse to post in forums like that.  It gets old real quick and why bother posting when half of the time your posts will just get deleted because they just feel like it.

Deletions of posts that do not violate the terms of the site is screwed up, in my opinion.  I get sick of forum Nazi's bitching about OT posts.  They need get their panties out of bunch and lighten up a bit.

Well see, there's these things called site rules made by Delphy himself. He appoints moderators to uphold those site rules, of which certain posts get deleted. Therefore they are doing their job, doubtful that they delete stuff "because they feel like it" or have their panties in a wad. To be fair, it's Delphy's rules and way of running the forum you should have issues with rather than the mods who are just doing as told.

exnemsims exnemsims
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: