PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:45:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Who Put This There?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who Put This There?  (Read 47957 times)
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 25, 19:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
 However, they fail to mention how professionals do the same to models and celebrities.  How can one group of people do it and the other can't?  

Just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean that they think it's any better.

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"

Not to be a brat or anything, but I don't find that shit even remotely funny. Ridiculing girls on the internet and calling them fat cows is good fun? That's probably one reason so many girls have eating disorders, or even have such awful body image that they think suicide would be a better alternative. If one of MY ugly ass pictures was posted on that site with a quote like "insert bacon plz", I'd probably seriously want to kill myself too.

Can't say it bothers me at all when people criticise my looks, if people think I'm ugly and say so, fair enough. There's a pretty unflattering picture of me floating around the internet somewhere. Mind, had I made an effort to look attractive or sexy in it and people had mocked it, I might feel different, but I doubt it.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 25, 19:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a big woman. I never used to be until my first child was born. My thyroid failed. None of us choose to be big, trust me. Even when I was small, though, I didn't make fun of those who were big. It isn't usually something you opt for. I don't like pics of myself because I don't like my looks. I never have liked my looks even when I was younger, though. But I do hear the comments and it hurts. They think they can say shit about my personal habits and such when they have no fucking clue what goes on in my life. I diet. I try to exercise, but if your glands don't work right, you are fucked. I don't have the money for surgery and insurance won't cover what they regard as elective. It really isn't because it would save a lot of bills later on if my heart fails or I have a stroke because of the extra pounds I carry. Being fat is not fun.
As for the homophobic words that get used, grow the fuck up! That is as bad as racism...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 25, 20:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a hateful site. I would feel bad if I were being ridiculed there. Fortunately, I've had the good sense to never post a pic of myself online. It's bad form to go after someone for their appearance. I don't think she's particularly ugly either, pretty average.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 25, 20:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was pretty mean. Not to be mean with this next comment but: I wonder how they do it? I mean seriously I want to gain some weight and I can't for the life of me. Last year i was 125 (lowest normal weight for my height) this year in feb. I was 115 (I lost 10 lbs some how) A month after that I was still the same. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago I was all of a sudden 112. So I tried to gain more weight and succeeded in barely gaining 2 more lbs. I went to the doctor yesterday and I had lost those 2 lbs some how. I just can't seem to gain the weight I want to gain for the life of me. I eat TONS and I mean Tons of food. Every kind healthy unheathy you name it I eat it. Any how I'm trying to gain 11 lbs to get back up to 125 because I looked great then. Any tips? I don't exercise that much so I know I'm not losing weight that way.

Anyway sorry to turn this thread around.

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 25, 21:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being overweight can be a medical problem quite similar to being underweight, for whatever reason your body doesn't want to maintain what would be it's ideal weight. Either way, "fat" or "stick thin", people are cruel and will make fun of you.

I know they are making fun of the camwhoring and all that, but the whole making fun of "fat girls" being okay just gets to me. I get in people's faces that do it in real life too. I know that it seems shallow and stupid to get so obsessed with weight and looks, but in this society it's a big freaking deal. I won't get into details, but when I was going through therapy for problems of my own, I met a girl who really did try to kill herself because her boyfriend called her a fat, ugly cow and said that sex with her was like fucking a beached whale. It hurts so bad because a lot of women have been hearing that same type of shit their entire lives, and eventually it just becomes part of who you are. It breaks my heart, partly because it's something I see in myself that I can't erraticate, and mostly because a lot of these women and girls are beautiful, even if they don't look like supermodels.

Anyway, yeah. That's my rant. I know that it's part of the internet, and while I would be hurt and probably never want to leave my house again if that was my pic (or at least until I needed milk), some of those girls look really young. That kind of stuff just seemed to cut way deeper at that age. Fat or skinny, those girls should have thought twice about the nakedy pics though... why would you post that on the intarweb?

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 25, 21:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RedLove, it sounds to me as if you need to get your thyroid checked, it could be going into a hyper phase. I know what I'm talking about because I had it for years and then when I was preggers the damn thing shit out on me and so I am stuck with the weight I gained. Thyroid disease in one form or another is so often over looked in females and it has a bearing on over all health. Untreated it can cause heart problems, among a host of others. Do yourself a favour and get it checked. I can't imagine why your doctor didn't suggest that.... Please, do it and find out. Then, if it isn't the thyroid, we can see if I can give you a body fat transplant.... Hey, don't laugh, I would if I could!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Garnet
Who Put This There?
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 25, 21:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat or skinny, those girls should have thought twice about the nakedy pics though... why would you post that on the intarweb?

Looking for approval.  Attention.  Some form of "love" to make themselves feel worthwhile.  Same reason I keep a blog.  Wink
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 25, 21:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I met a girl who really did try to kill herself because her boyfriend called her a fat, ugly cow and said that sex with her was like fucking a beached whale. It hurts so bad because a lot of women have been hearing that same type of shit their entire lives, and eventually it just becomes part of who you are. It breaks my heart, partly because it's something I see in myself that I can't erraticate, and mostly because a lot of these women and girls are beautiful, even if they don't look like supermodels.

I feel so relieved that stuff like that doesn't bother me. I've been considered ugly for as long as I can remember, I was widely considered the ugliest girl in school until I got to high school and was usurped by a very hairy girl. It just stopped bothering me when I was about 10 and I accepted I was never going to be pretty, and that it really wasn't important to be pretty. Twice I've slept with blokes who later denied sleeping with me and said I was too ugly for them, but though it did bother me a little at first, I was mostly just ashamed that I'd slept with two total bastards.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 25, 21:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
RedLove, it sounds to me as if you need to get your thyroid checked, it could be going into a hyper phase. I know what I'm talking about because I had it for years and then when I was preggers the damn thing shit out on me and so I am stuck with the weight I gained. Thyroid disease in one form or another is so often over looked in females and it has a bearing on over all health. Untreated it can cause heart problems, among a host of others. Do yourself a favour and get it checked. I can't imagine why your doctor didn't suggest that.... Please, do it and find out. Then, if it isn't the thyroid, we can see if I can give you a body fat transplant.... Hey, don't laugh, I would if I could!

lol I'd gladly accept. I've had everything checked because a lot of women in my family can't seem to gain weight like I can. Almost every woman in my family has thyroid problems. Either they gain too much or not enough weight. Anyhow My doctor said to give it a little more time but I don't understand since I lost those two pounds I worked so hard to gain. He's put me on steroids(for something else) and it seems to be making me eat more and hopefully will help me gain weight.

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 25, 21:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I don't consider that stuff (and the LyricLee addition) as a mock against fat people. I see that as mocking people who chose to expose themselves to popular judgement, posting online their pictures, artificially modified on purpose, by their own will .

In that gallery on ED there are some pics clearly not pertaining the topic, but representative of what Liegenshonheit said. If I were an editor, I would remove them, but alas. The topic, however, is different.

I am fat, I hate my look to the point I purpousely avoid to show my hated body around, both in person or picture, as much as I can; Rationally I don't think it's right, and I sincerely envy those - even uglier than me - that don't mind and do what they want anyway, and live happy and free.

I don't think I would commit suicide if someone mocks me on the internet about my pictures, but I would feel terribly bad for sure; but that's the trick: I don't post online pictures of myself, expecially if they're bad.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 25, 21:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think... to have someone put your pic on that site you have to first really piss someone off... I doubt anyone just go trawling for girls to be mean to.

Anyhoo... I have a blog, too. I am not particularly interested in any of you reading it, but for the sake of argument, here's me and my entire family.

Now see if I care if some of you put me up on ED and call me a fat, lesbian cow. I know that the ones that matter don't think so and I have grown beyond caring what ze random interweb-pplz think.  :roll:

And I will stand by my point of view which was, afair, she is not the ugliest person I have seen but her poses and photoshopping scare me. I mean, if she's gonna photoshop it, can't she at least do it well? Tongue

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 25, 21:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand how people can make fun of that. Sometimes it is a health issue. And sometimes it can turn into health issues. Not funny now huh? That's the only problem I have with people who don't exercise or try to get slim. They are just creating health problems for themselves. But I really feel bad for the people who exercise and can't lose the weight.

Garnet
Who Put This There?
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 25, 21:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I have to remember about sites like that one, a lot of communities, LJ, etc. is the pack-animal mentality most of us have.  Even if a person doesn't necessarily agree that another one is ugly/fat/stupid/whatever insult we've chosen, he or she is probably going to be tempted to join in the mockery, both to "fit in" and in hopes that it'll keep the hyenas' attention on some other target.  (And yes, I'm guilty of this myself.)

So yeah, if I posted photos of myself online and some group started making fun of them (which is highly possible), I'd be hurt, and probably shocked by how far some people take it.  But I'd have to realize that people in general just kind of suck, and they're even worse in mobs.

Whoops, my antisocial nature seems to have slipped its bonds.  But you know what I mean.
Foxybaby
Landlubber

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 25, 21:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't get into details, but when I was going through therapy for problems of my own, I met a girl who really did try to kill herself because her boyfriend called her a fat, ugly cow and said that sex with her was like fucking a beached whale.

Sounds to me that the guys had the problem-probably wanted to make her think that no-one else would have her, so she wouldn't leave him.
 I'm lucky-my fiance stuck by me when i had a medical problem that made me put on 7 stone(98 llbs) in 3 years he loves me what ever(yeah a bit puke worthy really!). Its not nice neing overweight knowing there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. My 1st Doc just said I over ate and that was it (I didn't think that i did). Turns out I have PCOS & type 2 diabetes, which made me unable to lose weight, so anything I ate, couldn't really burn off. Anyhoo, I'm on the mend now and am almost back to normal thanks to one amazing Doc that I sought a second opinion from.

What I'm saying is, being fat isn't always as it seems (greed). Although trying to hide it pure self esteem issues (even thin people get it low esteem sometimes)

I don't know Lyriclee-never had any dealings with her what-so-ever, but judging by some post I've read (not just here), she is a damn ugly person inside, which, hey-I'd rather be fat than a horrible, mean spirited person anyday!
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 25, 21:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, if they wanted to poke fun at camwhoring, why not just do that then? Those pics have plenty of stuff apart from the girls' weight to scorn. Scorn their poses, clothes (or lack there of) or angles or the amount of photoshop they used, I'm sure more sarcastically-inclined people would have a field day. Because frankly a lot of them don't look that fat (at least what I consider fat) to me. Sure they don't have an 11 year old's body like Paris Hilton - guess what? Most women don't.
It gets to me because more and more the word "fat" even when the girl is nowhere near fat is used as an insult. How a healthy looking woman with curves is "plus sized". One of my friends is a recovering bulimic. She reads this shit and it triggers her like hell, she starts weighing herself like mad and questioning her appearance and so on, then stops eating. And she actually has SUPPORT from friends and family; I dread to think what girls like the one in Liegen's example would do...except try to fit this stupid ideal of beauty and thinness. No wonder Pro-Ana and Pro-Mia groups pop up everywhere and feed off the wall, dangerous ideas for weightloss to susceptible teenage girls. I know one girl who tried to inject herself with a virus her father was working with (as a microbiologist) to loose weight, or drink 8 vodkas straight. People like these probably think it's funny.
Sorry about the rant.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: