PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:56:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I have a treasure
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a treasure  (Read 58375 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #195 on: 2007 April 25, 20:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and Rodent, sorry I mean Rat, since you have a treasure which is more than likely what you think that thing in your pants is, why don't we just bury you? I mean, isn't that what we as good pirates are obligated to do? Don't worry, we'll come back and get you.... In a few years.... If someone remembers to mark the map... If someone makes a map... hmmmmm, gotta get someone to do this.... *wanders off to ask Pescado if he wants to make a map with a big red X on it*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Garnet
I have a treasure
« Reply #196 on: 2007 April 25, 21:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we get to decapitate someone and leave them there for their spirit to guard the treasure?  I have a few nominations....
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #197 on: 2007 April 25, 21:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Garnet"
Do we get to decapitate someone and leave them there to guard the treasure?  I have a few nominations....

Sure, as long as it isn't me! And now, happy Rat hunting for all of you! Wish I could be here for longer, but the laptop has to go back to the mother-in-law. I used to have my own, but they don't take stairs very well! I take my leave in this thread for now because I've had a blast and some creative inspirations. At least, to me they were inspired! See you next week!

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #198 on: 2007 April 25, 21:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we should make them suffer a little more though. I nominate that Russian guy. He was funny.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #199 on: 2007 April 25, 21:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Scratch"
I've read this over and over and don't see the slightest bit of humour in it.... droll or otherwise... :?
maybe our efforts here would be more successful if we didn't drive away the people that are helping us fight the good fight.... :?:

I'm not trying to drive off anyone, and I don't think I'll be marking off my sarcasm just because some people don't pick up on it.  I'd rather people get on my case for not being blatantly facetious than having people tell me to stop posting a disclaimer because it looks like I think everyone is too stupid to realise what I said shouldn't be taken at face value.

I don't quote things just for the hell of it.

All the stuff he said is way harder than what most paysites are doing, but the paysite owners are constantly complaining about how tough it is, how much work they put into retexturing Peggy's hair or lining up the jeans texture with someone else's alpha.  It takes work, sure, I'm not denying that, but there's a difference in difficulty level between what the typical paysite does (generally working from what someone else has already done) and what the EAxis modelers, et cetera do (from scratch).

ETA: If someone leaves over me, they clearly have not seen the other threads on this forum.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #200 on: 2007 April 26, 03:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
*Passes the rum*

I swear, I looked like this when I saw the 3D models for the tables and chairs (and couches, etc...).  :shock:  The reason for that is the 3D models looked exactly like some of the stuff that some creators make, both pay and free.  I sat there and wondered how many people payed for these models, tweaked them so that they worked in the game and uploaded them on their sim sites.

What was kind of amusing, in a sneering sort of way, was that paysites actually charge for this stuff.  Sure the creators may have bought it, but it's not like they actually made the meshes themselves.

Well if they pay for the model they usually are able to use it for commercial purposes.  Most people just use it in renderings, architects, designers, ect.  However, techincally in the sims .package you are distributing the model so I don't know that the person charging for the model would be happy about that.  Technically the "creator" who imported it into your games doesn't have copyright over even the model, which to me is laughable when I see the "terms of use" on a I know they got from evermotion or something... Also which they probably stole!  Sorry Bella/Lynn can not convince me they paid 99 Euros a pop for multiple evermotion sets to make a few "gifts" for their forums.   Sad thing is, people who use most of those models, have super high poly counts on them.  Like Wall sims and her 9000 poly lamp.  

It is possible that these people have made their own models too, especially when you are looking at things like chairs, furniture, there are famous designs that alot of "creators" who know good design or read Dwell will use.  Hell, Herman Miller even gives models of the furniture they sell out for free so that designers can easily show a client how nice an Eames Lounger and ottoman will look in your place.  Which is stupid in the first place that you would need to pay a designer to tell you a $4,000 chair and ottoman will look good.  I digress, even if they did make the model they would not have copyright to the design.  Though they probably would be able to sell it, the way knock offs can be sold as eames "style" furniture.  

Was a bit carried away there, but I love talking furniture.  What I want to say is Paden, when you said "Rat Bastard" you brought back a really bad expericence I had, as they were actually the worst band I ever heard in my entire life.  I can't remember who they opened for but they were just a bunch of people who didn't know how to play the guitar, playing like 7 guitars at once, which basically produced this really loud screeching noise that we had to endure for over 5 minutes.  I know my boyfriend and I tried to walk out but their was no re-entry so we stuck it out.  Some girl actually threw up because of the nauseating noise.  Anyway, this really has nothing to do with anything but I can't get to sleep so I generally ramble until I am tired enough.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #201 on: 2007 April 26, 21:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

alright, alright i got it guys....RAT is actually thomas from TSR in disguise who is defending his little hoover vaccum ATWA/anita and both of them were the brain child of JM Pescado.....holy shit, it is ALL pescado's fault!!! that bastard likes it, he likes it!! ahhhhhh!!!  :lol: (ignore my last 50 or so posts guys, i am just happy as hell that my college semester is OVER!)

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #202 on: 2007 April 27, 06:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
I must admit Pescado you do make sense sometimes =]

I agree, and I find that frightening.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #203 on: 2007 April 27, 08:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"

ETA: If someone leaves over me, they clearly have not seen the other threads on this forum.

I'd certainly be impressed, though.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #204 on: 2007 April 30, 05:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Yoink"
I almost want that little shit to come back, just to keep us rofling.

the next best thing........Rat all grown up...and still all f***ed up

guess which one is Rat

:lol:
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #205 on: 2007 April 30, 19:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a new 12 pound sledge hammer today, and imagine my disappointment when there was no rat bastard to go hunting.... Ah, well, it is only Monday, shit has got to pick up. I really need some asshole to go off on right now and that one just seemed perfect...

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #206 on: 2007 April 30, 19:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have to wait till he has all his late homeworks done, I suspect. *sigh*

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #207 on: 2007 May 06, 02:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope not.   :shock:   I love Rat Productions, and I'd hate to think that he/she is behind those posts.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #208 on: 2007 May 06, 10:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I severly doubt that the stupid Rat that trolled its way over here is a creator...let alone a good creator of a free site.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #209 on: 2007 May 06, 12:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "polly_wanna_cracker"
Could this be Rat? Some of the sites in her Links section are pay sites. Maybe one of them is the friend that was referred to?

http://www.rat-productions.net/
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/Beutelratti

Thoughts? :?:

No duh I know her...it's not HER. Plus Rat is a HE.  :roll:
Just because they share partially the same nick does not mean they are the same people.  :lol:

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: