PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 05:15:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 745497 times)
Blind Pew
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #2310 on: 2008 March 23, 13:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

corvi, that house is amazing! I've been looking for good beach lots  Smiley
nikki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: 2008 March 23, 16:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corvi that house looks awesome!  Like something I'd download..... and live in, hahaha.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2312 on: 2008 March 23, 19:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question to ask of my main downloading constituency.  Cheesy The poly count recommendation is 800 polys per tile - would you download something over and above that?  Would you download objects that were around 1000 polys? I'm talking chairs, endtables here - not just a small decorative item.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: 2008 March 23, 19:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, if the item is really nice, I would.  Unless poly's are sky high, I don't worry about them too much.  Whatcha making?  I wanna see.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: 2008 March 23, 23:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nyx, I thought you were Corvidophile. I like your stuff, I use your adorable freckles and blush all the time.

Cala, sometimes I use higher poly stuff, that doesn't seem to be too high though.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2315 on: 2008 March 24, 01:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, that doesn't sound particularly high at all.  As long as it's not like...a BOX, it's probably worth the polys. XD
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2316 on: 2008 March 24, 03:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah - well that's alright then.  Here's what I'm talking about (cause Keirra asked  Cheesy )

Due to reductions, this chair has 875 polys, but its little mates in the set have roughly 1000.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2317 on: 2008 March 24, 03:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Cala, I think it looks nifty, and I'd probably download it.   Smiley

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: 2008 March 24, 06:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it Cala.  Very unique.  I would download.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
nikki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: 2008 March 24, 06:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.  As long as it's a well-made unique object that looks good in game, I usually don't care much bout the poly-count.  I'd download that Cheesy
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 2008 March 24, 06:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry.. now that I mention it, I remember Tig saying anything up to 1200 could be ok in some circumstances.

I suppose as long as you advertise the poly count? That way people can make their own choices?

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2321 on: 2008 March 24, 06:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well then, this set will be in the next update at my site.  Cheesy And gives me incentive to keep going - so thanks all of you.  Smiley

I wouldn't worry.. now that I mention it, I remember Tig saying anything up to 1200 could be ok in some circumstances.

I suppose as long as you advertise the poly count? That way people can make their own choices?

Oh well, see if they say 800, I feel guilty going over that. I buggerised around with the first object last night - 3 hours reduced about 20 vertices in a longwinded process, but because it's basically lots of rectangles put together, reducing polys doesn't work very well unless one wants one big rectangle. I was intending to put the poly count up anyway - but didn't know if there was a critical number people wouldn't go over.  Wink

Visit Calalilysims

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: 2008 March 24, 07:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read long time ago on a sims 2 site that if you have a weak computer you have to be careful with chairs. A chair is slightly different than a decoration item, as it'll increase involuntarily the total polys in a lot. Simply because you don't put a single lonely chair, you'll put 4 or 6 chairs so that makes 800x4 or 800x6. So a total of 3200 polys added to the lot (or 4800 if you put 6 chairs in the lot).

When i think about that i'm a bit sceptic as Maxis'chairs must have more polys, no? Huh
Anyway the chair looks already neat enough at 800 Wink

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: 2008 March 24, 07:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Dr. House.  Grin The guide is 800 per tile - and yes, the Maxis stuff does sometimes have more. Sometimes if you have all custom furniture on a lot, then it will slow down considerably.

Visit Calalilysims

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: 2008 March 24, 15:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always appreciate creators who put the polycount in the item description.  That way as I am placing it (or them in the case of multiple things like dining chairs or outdoor plants.) I can decide whether my lot is "poly heavy" and limit how many I use.  I have a lot of CC and I forget even if the creator posted it when I downloaded it.  I will even skip over a higher poly item if the poly count isnt in the description with the item because I know I will forget.  My computer is much better now than it used to be but I still prefer to have my game run as good as it can, however I dont mind using higher poly stuff as long as I know what the count is (and the item is pretty enough to justify it.)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: