PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 02:34:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 753867 times)
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #975 on: 2007 October 09, 22:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted that Bon Voyage Hula Girl hair without the annoying headband doohickey. So I made an Alpha Edit. Gonna be posted here soon. Anyway, I love the new layout, Nouk! I see you use Obsidian Dawn brushes- My favourite brush site! -worships Nouk even more-

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
aingeal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2007 October 10, 00:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The piratey layout theme is great! My only critique is that the text in the framed page is a bit hard to read: the non-bolded text against the striped background, and the black text against the dark grey background at the top, particularly. Not sure if it's just on my screen and in IE, though.

i really like the male outfits, Renegade - sexy, practical and something i can actually imagine normal guys wearing.
HIM-six-six-six
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 2007 October 10, 02:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aingeal, WOW! Your sims are super hot! If you want to upload stuff without feeling the need to remove meshes try Wicked Sims, You can upload any mesh with your stuff there.
aingeal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2007 October 10, 02:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! i might do that one day - have to get over my bad habit of lurking there ^^;

(And thank you so much for doing all those amazing hair conversions and edits - it's so hard to find nice, longer hair for male Sims, and it was like dying and going to Sim heaven when i found all the hairs you'd done!)
HIM-six-six-six
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 2007 October 10, 03:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "aingeal"
Thank you! i might do that one day - have to get over my bad habit of lurking there ^^;

(And thank you so much for doing all those amazing hair conversions and edits - it's so hard to find nice, longer hair for male Sims, and it was like dying and going to Sim heaven when i found all the hairs you'd done!)
you're very welcome, We sure needed more hair for the males! And of course you are welcome at Wicked Sims ;-) Jessica is awesome and kindly allows sharing of paystuffs with creations too ;-)
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2007 October 10, 08:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any tips of brightening textures besides Brightness/Contrast and the Dodge and Burn tool? Because that's the only reason I'm not posting a hair here or Insim (Which I haven't posted to in awhile but I love their approval system- or lack thereof - But in my case that's a good thing because I'm impatient)

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: 2007 October 10, 11:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burn, dodge, burn, burn, burn, dodge, dodge, burn, dodge, dodge, burn, dodge, burn, burn.

No, seriously, I personally need more info.  Though I assume that like the rest of the commercial whores out there, you use EVIL PHOTOSHOP!

Okay, really, no, I'm just jealous of anyone who can use Photoshop, cuz I don't know how Sad

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 2007 October 10, 11:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got photoshop? Research (google) using Levels.

Inactive
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 2007 October 10, 12:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fankoo tons. The Hula Girl hair textures are seriously borked. I'll post a picture here soon. Cheesy

quote="Black Rose"]

Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 2007 October 10, 16:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

google about the shadow/highlight tool under image->adjustment, too.

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 2007 October 10, 18:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll probably have to use a variety of techniques and adjustments in order to get proper highlights and shadows. I tend to use levels, hue/saturation and brightness/contrast (the Exposure adjustment can do some really nice things as well). Painting on highlights and shadows at different brush opacities and on different layers is a really good option as well (a bit more fiddly though), as is using blend modes. I also recommend duplicating your layers and adjusting the darkness and opacity in order to create shadows and highlights that follow the shape and texture of the base image, and then erasing out what you don't need. I hate using dodge, as i find it screws things up way more than it helps and I would much rather paint on my highlights with a brush (I don't find I have the same issues with the burn tool), but if you aren't depending on it or overusing it, it can be helpful.

Most important, learn how to use layers and adjust your options (and apply your adjustments either to adjustment layers or duplicated layers so you can go back and fix any errors), and practice, practice, practice!

(If you can try CS3 or have a copy on hand, they have much improved the brightness/contrast tool. It's does a much nicer job of adjusting the lights and darks based on the specific objects as opposed to adjusting everything the exact same amount as CS2 did.)
Problematique
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: 2007 October 10, 21:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expanding on what mando said, particularly blend modes, screen will lighten both highlights and shadows, and you can then use a layer in soft light or multiply to compensate. Playing with the opacities also helps Cheesy. And layer masks are also your friend, if you're too lazy about drawing in highlights and shadows as I am.
aingeal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 2007 October 11, 00:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides what's been mentioned, i also play around with Curves to adjust the amount and intensity of light and shadows. Normally what i do is to use Curves first, maybe some Brightness/Contrast, then adjust the hues with Hue/Saturation and sometimes Colour Balance. Then some manual painting to touch up parts.

There are really quite a few ways to go about getting the effect you want, it's just a matter of experimenting to get the effect you want in a way you like. i rarely ever use the Dodge/Burn tool too ^^; It has its uses, but i prefer to use the other tools.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 2007 October 11, 09:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I found the easy fix. I just found out the Hilary hair has the same textures as the Hula Girl hair. I think. I better not jinx it. -crosses fingers-

And I can't handpaint to save my life. And I'm the laziest bastard you'll ever know,so ........

By the way, I have the 'cheap' or 'lite/light' version of Photoshop CS2, I believe it's called Photoshop Elements. Does the job on several occasions, but sometimes you need to stretch a little bit more with filters.

quote="Black Rose"]

pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
DEFAULT HELP.
« Reply #989 on: 2007 October 11, 11:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no newbie at eye defaults, and I made a pretty decent pair of eyes. So I made them into defaults. My sims' heads all turned RED! Doh.

quote="Black Rose"]

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: