PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:13:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A surprising new paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A surprising new paysite  (Read 31184 times)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Re: A surprising new paysite
« Reply #75 on: 2008 April 11, 19:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont want to derail here, but what does xm do?  They make a file and give it to people that donate, and then give it to everyone later?  or they make a file and give it to donaters, and then say they are going to give it to everyone and then they dont?  (just wondering... I have only grabbed some misc. free things from xm sims, and never actually noticed the donation part so much.) 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 April 11, 20:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont want to derail here, but what does xm do?  They make a file and give it to people that donate, and then give it to everyone later?  or they make a file and give it to donaters, and then say they are going to give it to everyone and then they dont?  (just wondering... I have only grabbed some misc. free things from xm sims, and never actually noticed the donation part so much.) 

They have donation sets that they release after a certain period - their site says "The donation gifts, which we already have, will be free released one or two monthly." But their stuff is in the booty: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/inactive_sites/xmsims/ Notice their similar wording to DL Mulsow's wording: http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/main/index02.htm

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2008 April 11, 20:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know lily, the files will be free before you can get them in the booty...unless one of the donators shares it with you first.

The items were offered as an early preview for those who donated already,
not to solicit new donations.  

This means these people get to use it first.
They can use it, see it, share it, eat it... whatever 'first'.
Not because they pay for it.  Therefore, no free/pay meshes were used for donations.
Preview...
Our birthday is on April 17.

I hope you will all enjoy the great stuff the staff has planned.

Perhaps I shouldn't have called it a donator's gift.  The items were specially recolored for those who donated this year.
I figured it sounded better than donation gift.
If it is done again in the future, I will be more careful to word it perhaps calling it a Donator's Preview

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
Rebbie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 April 11, 20:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, just to be completely clear:

If someone donates today, will they get the file?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 April 11, 20:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry DL, but if you're holding out the file for everyone except those who donated, no matter if it's 3 minutes or 12 days, it's a payfile. It goes against everything you said prior to this, and it just shows that you have different standards for others than for yourself. You could have just released it as a thank you for everyone and anyone who wanted to download it like everything else on your site. That works fine. Having downloads on your site is allready a gift in itself anyway. If you had rewarded downloaders with something non-EA no-one would have moaned about it, but you chose this, and you're not a stupid woman so that says alot.

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2008 April 11, 20:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know lily, the files will be free before you can get them in the booty...unless one of the donators shares it with you first.

Don't allow a paysite file with a 50 feet of my game, nor any free item from a paysite either. You are now, officially, a paysite.  So I will never have it shared with me - I *know* I can live without paysite crap, and do so happily unless there's a Bluesoup day, and then I'll see if your pay content is crappy enough. And I can *certainly* live without paysite crap available totally free elsewhere from the free creator who made it.  You and all paysite users make me sick.  Angry

The items were offered as an early preview for those who donated already,
not to solicit new donations.  

And if all the donators have it, even those from a year ago, and you were intending to release it anyway, why preview it to them?  More paysite bullshit - after a year, I've heard it all. You don't fool me with your paysite bullshit.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 April 11, 20:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Donator's Gift and Donation Gift means the same thing.  It's something you recolored solely because those people gave  you money.  Soliciting new donations is irrelevant.

All of Peggy's payfiles go by the name of "Donator's Gift" too.
Those Donators get to use it, see it, share it, eat it and whatever else, First.
Then, occassionaly, she'll release one for free..

I don't see how you and Peggy don't wear the same dress on this.

And yes, you may want to believe that the free mesh you recolored wasn't used for donations, but indeed it was, still is, and will continue to be until next Thursday when you decide to release it to the masses.

They may not have "paid" to receive that "gift".  But they paid you and in return you gave them a gift.

This is the exact same reason TreZillah's shit is in the booty too.

BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2008 April 11, 20:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I actually understand what you guys are saying.

I didn't think a couple weeks would be the same as Peggy/other paysites releasing something a year later, etc.  But FreeShit and Nouk (yes, Nouk) only cleared it up for me.

FreeShitOnly:  "They may not have "paid" to receive that "gift".  But they paid you and in return you gave them a gift."

Nouk:  "Sorry DL, but if you're holding out the file for everyone except those who donated, no matter if it's 3 minutes or 12 days, it's a payfile. It goes against everything you said prior to this, and it just shows that you have different standards for others than for yourself. You could have just released it as a thank you for everyone and anyone who wanted to download it like everything else on your site. That works fine. Having downloads on your site is allready a gift in itself anyway. If you had rewarded downloaders with something non-EA no-one would have moaned about it, but you chose this, and you're not a stupid woman so that says alot."

I will release it within minutes.  Not because I'm skeert of you guys...you know that ain't so, but because I actually see the arguement in this.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2008 April 11, 20:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to hear BlackPearl!  I can understand the desire to show gratitude to those who financially support your site.  Perhasp a nice thank you note, or special tag or signature would be more appropriate? 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 April 11, 20:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a real good move there, DL, especially for a strongeheaded girl like yourself Smiley  Don't forget to credit Sizz though.

Inactive
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 April 11, 20:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good move.  I hope the birthday celebration is a smashing success.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2008 April 11, 20:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a real good move there, DL, especially for a strongeheaded girl like yourself Smiley  Don't forget to credit Sizz though.

I will most certainly be crediting all those whose stuff I used.

Sherry, that is a neat idea.  A special signature or avatar is a GREAT idea!  I wish I had thought of it sooner. 

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 April 11, 20:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also gather all the creators and make a huge download pack especially for that day. Well maybe not huge, but at least nice quality Tongue

Inactive
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 April 11, 20:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK then, I'm glad you're not going to be a paysite. *Puts pitchfork down*
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 20:55:15 by redisenchanted » Logged
Rebbie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 April 11, 21:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait. Does this mean that the drama is over?

Wow. That was fast!

I'm glad it's ending so peacefully. It's rather refreshing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: