PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 23:35:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well, I don't know how much clearer it can get...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well, I don't know how much clearer it can get...  (Read 53633 times)
Wrinkly Willy
Landlubber

View Profile
Well, I don't know how much clearer it can get...
« Reply #105 on: 2007 July 28, 02:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MIKEY"
Quote from: "Freed Willy"

Gambit or racket?

Forget it.  I see some of you are willing to talk.  And some aren't. And then you have Wee Willy who tries to converse, but keeps tossing in pot shots.  And if I fire back, then I'm a "troll", or full of shit.  There are 2 sides to every story, folks.  Doesn't mean necessarily that one is 100% right either.  I never claimed to be perfect, or an angel either.  <edit> And no one here is going to listen to me with one of theirs being a jackass.

But here you all stand fighting a fight, that doesn't exist, for EA (who seemingly could care less.)  There wallets get fatter and fatter every day. You talk about rights and morality, but as a whole you don't practice them. At least not fully.  It's a twisted, re-interpreted standpoint some of you are reaching from.  And I came here to try to talk.  If you want to talk, then email me so I can at least block or filter out the folks that just want to fight.

And don't get me wrong, if someone wants to hash it out, I'm ready, willing, and able to mette it out.  But I honestly didn't come here for that, and don't think it'll do any good.  Besides, there seem to be a couple of level-headed folk here who honestly think they have helpful answers...Those ones can email me.

But I promise, if anyone tries to start something via email, I'll being it right back to this forum for all their 'friends' to see.  That being said, if everyone here can prove they know how to be civil, I might be apt to come back and talk with everyone at once.

MIKEY!!![/quote]

You don't want to seem to really debate this.  Pot shots?  Eunich and 'Wee Willy' are not 'pot shots'?  Gambit/Racket was a VALID opinion of your site.  Then you make outrageous claims, meant to silence others on the grounds "I've been here longer, I know better then you".  But that did play out as you planned, did it?  You simply make your 'pot shots' because  you are trying to deflect from the fact that you don't have valid responces for direct questions.

You dodge DIRECT questions - because you know your 'reasons' are spurious cover for simply wanting to make money were money should NOT be made.

I exposed you main argument as flawed, you ignored it, dodged it, and danced around it.  Now you're pulling the old "I'm taking my ball and going home", simply because you don't have a valid answer.
MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 July 28, 02:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't want to seem to really debate this. Pot shots? Eunich and 'Wee Willy' are not 'pot shots'? Gambit/Racket was a VALID opinion of your site. Then you make outrageous claims, meant to silence others on the grounds "I've been here longer, I know better then you". But that did play out as you planned, did it? You simply make your 'pot shots' because you are trying to deflect from the fact that you don't have valid responces for direct questions.

You dodge DIRECT questions - because you know your 'reasons' are spurious cover for simply wanting to make money were money should NOT be made.

I exposed you main argument as flawed, you ignored it, dodged it, and danced around it. Now you're pulling the old "I'm taking my ball and going home", simply because you don't have a valid answer.

Eunuch and Wee Willy were retaliatory to your prior comments.  Seems they have hurt your feelings too.

As for answers, I have already supplied my answers in my original reply to the email that was sent us.  As well as in my posts here today.  It is you who dance around and avoid.  And so what If I want to take my ball home and play with whom I choose.  It's my F'ing ball.  LOL.

So, goodbye.  I'll talk to either Hecubus, RedLove, or armywife...via email.

Ciao,
MIKEY!!!

IKEY!!!
~~So I don't have to repeat myself; I have issues with the means by which you folks make your point known, as well as try to pressure your wishes into being~~
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2007 July 28, 02:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be Hecubus or AW that you would want to talk to. There are many other pirates here that know how to have an informative and intelligent conversation.

And advice for the future: If you go up to someone and ask them if they want to play with your ball expect to get slapped and/or beat up. >.>!

Pillage Pearl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 July 28, 03:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But here you all stand fighting a fight, that doesn't exist, for EA (who seemingly could care less.)

You know I've seen this said many times here or the statement; EA is turning their heads.  Just because EA didn't sue anyone yesterday or probably won't sue anyone tomorrow doesn't mean they don't care or they've turned their heads.  Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were lawsuits.

And what are you going to do when EA does decided to go after paysites?  Hope they don't see you.  Change your ways and go free.   Have you even considered at this point what it may cost you if EA did go after you?  It would be a hell of a lot more than the few dollars you're making off your site.  Why not beat them to the punch rather than put yourself in that kind of hurt?
Wrinkly Willy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 July 28, 03:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't want to seem to really debate this. Pot shots? Eunich and 'Wee Willy' are not 'pot shots'? Gambit/Racket was a VALID opinion of your site. Then you make outrageous claims, meant to silence others on the grounds "I've been here longer, I know better then you". But that did play out as you planned, did it? You simply make your 'pot shots' because you are trying to deflect from the fact that you don't have valid responces for direct questions.

I exposed you main argument as flawed, you ignored it, dodged it, and danced around it. Now you're pulling the old "I'm taking my ball and going home", simply because you don't have a valid answer.

Eunuch and Wee Willy were retaliatory to your prior comments.  Seems they have hurt your feelings too.

As for answers, I have already supplied my answers in my original reply to the email that was sent us.  As well as in my posts here today.  It is you who dance around and avoid.  And so what If I want to take my ball home and play with whom I choose.  It's my F'ing ball.  LOL.

So, goodbye.  I'll talk to either Hecubus, RedLove, or armywife...via email.

Ciao,
MIKEY!!!

Retalitory to what comments?  Using the word 'horse shit'?  Sorry to offend you.
Show me one instance of my 'dancing and avoidance'.

Your tactic of 'turning it back' upon me is also a classic example of avoidance.
I have only asked  ONE question, yet you have not addressed it, simply because it shows your lying.  OR are you not?  Prove me wrong, I 'double dog dare' you.
Why do you claim you are a pay site to restrict access to adult material when not all of your pay stuff is adult?  You can't/won't  answer this, which PROVES you are a coward hiding behind a smoke screen.  You do not have a valid reason, you are simply doing out of GREED.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2007 July 28, 05:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for calalily downloading adult content for free, well shame on you if you were under age and downloaded it.

So you didn't have any idea or concern as to who was downloading it back then - but now it's high priority. Huh.

We learned from that and that is why we have a sub fee now...FYI...The website and server came a looooong time after the Yahoo group...

I downloaded from your site - not your yahoo group - and there was no requirement for proving my age, just my ability to click on the download button.  There was other paid content at your site, but I remember the animations themselves are free.  They must have been - as I have never had a credit card - and I got them.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2007 July 28, 05:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We did give the IP, home address, telephone number, and all the rest of the info the the authorities in his home state of Wisconsin, and they did nothing.

Wisconsin is a weird place anyway. Despite hosting and fostering two of the most famous psychokillers of this century (or the last), Jeffrey Dahmer and Eddie Gein, both who liked to eat people and diddle corpses, it is still legal to diddle corpses in Wisconsin. IIRC, two goth twins and an accomplice just got off scot free trying to dig up a recently deceased woman to have relations with her corpse and were not charged with it, because there was no law against it.

I wouldn't expect Wisconsin to be more enlightened about pr0n than they are about a major warning sign that someone is seriously fucked up and sociopathic.

(The greatly simplified list:
1. You pee your bed past toilet training age
2. You torture animals and/or smaller/weaker children
3. You are unable to accept blame for your mistakes
4. Abusive family / missing or uninvolved parent dynamic
5. Lack of empathy for others
6. Feeling persecuted in general
7. Obsession with "dark"/taboo subject matter to the exclusion of all else)

I mean, if you're already porking bodies and playing with body parts, I can't see your behavior getting more socially acceptable later on. Especially if you don't go to jail or get therapy.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 July 28, 16:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

major warning sign that someone is seriously fucked up and sociopathic.

(The greatly simplified list:
1. You pee your bed past toilet training age
2. You torture animals and/or smaller/weaker children
3. You are unable to accept blame for your mistakes
4. Abusive family / missing or uninvolved parent dynamic
5. Lack of empathy for others
6. Feeling persecuted in general
7. Obsession with "dark"/taboo subject matter to the exclusion of all else)

:shock:   that sounds like the majority of the sheep at the BBS   :shock:
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 July 29, 01:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err...what's your point exactly? You seem to be mad at something...can't see at what though. Must be someting you ate.  Cool

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
prattle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 July 29, 01:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "motorcitymaven"
Let me start by saying, I am not an owner, admin, mod or creator.  I am a Simmer.  I appreciate the creations and tools that have been made available to the Sims Community by all creators, owners etc.  One question.  Who made you EA’s guard dogs?

I am a Simmer who is not impressed with your tactics.  Your actions are not about free sites vs paysites or any other such lofty notions.  They are about your monumental egos and the desire to dominate the Sims Community.  You proved that when you took the files from the pay sites and made them available to all for free.  Not only that, you published them on a server located in Malaysia, a country which not only does not recognize copyright laws but is a safe haven for terrorists.  Rather ironic given your methods.

Do you not understand what you’ve done?  I’m sure your intent was to hurt the owners of the paysites.  Why?  Because they have different opinions and operate differently from you.  There again, your monumental egos couldn’t handle the competition when people didn’t bow to your demands.  As if that’s not bad enough, you’ve hurt the 1000’s of Simmers who subscribed to those sites.  They freely subscribed to gain those files.  Nullifying those subscriptions by stealing the files was not your decision to make.  

Stealing is not something the Sims Community has ever taken lightly and they shouldn’t now either.  Keep in mind, every creator that stops creating and every site that closes because of your actions, is one more thing you’ve stolen from the Community.

What’s next?  A set of garden gnomes with your names on them that run around deleting files you disapprove of in people’s games?

If paysite owners want to take their toys and go home, that's just fine. There are many good, free creators. There are also creators who have gone free, that can't get their earlier files off of paysites despite their wishes.

You are not any more representative of "the Sims community" than I am. I think it's fair to say that there's a lot of people in the Sims community that are sick of the dishonest business of Sims paysites.

Yes, EA fails at community management. That's why some players have taken matters into their own hands. And since EA is trying to keep both paysites and pirates, it's very unlikely that they're going to attempt to make PMBD go away either.
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 July 29, 01:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of those files were stolen. They were paid for. They are clearly marked by creator and site. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Paysites are what are hurting the community, not filesharers.

I kept this simple in order to not get into long angry rants.  :wink:
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 July 29, 01:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So according to you Malaysia is a "haven for terrorists"?  And since JM has his server based in Malaysia, he is supporting terrorism??

Holy crap, you paysite lovers really sink to the bottom.  

So according to you, JM is a terrorist thief with a monumental ego....because he doesnt agree with you.  Unbelievable.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 July 29, 01:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me start by saying, I am not an owner, admin, mod or creator.  I am a Simmer.  I appreciate the creations and tools that have been made available to the Sims Community by all creators, owners etc.  One question.  Who made you EA’s guard dogs?

I am a Simmer who is not impressed with your tactics.  Your actions are not about free sites vs paysites or any other such lofty notions.  They are about your monumental egos and the desire to dominate the Sims Community.  You proved that when you took the files from the pay sites and made them available to all for free.  Not only that, you published them on a server located in Malaysia, a country which not only does not recognize copyright laws but is a safe haven for terrorists.  Rather ironic given your methods.

Do you not understand what you’ve done?  I’m sure your intent was to hurt the owners of the paysites.  Why?  Because they have different opinions and operate differently from you.  There again, your monumental egos couldn’t handle the competition when people didn’t bow to your demands.  As if that’s not bad enough, you’ve hurt the 1000’s of Simmers who subscribed to those sites.  They freely subscribed to gain those files.  Nullifying those subscriptions by stealing the files was not your decision to make.  

Stealing is not something the Sims Community has ever taken lightly and they shouldn’t now either.  Keep in mind, every creator that stops creating and every site that closes because of your actions, is one more thing you’ve stolen from the Community.

What’s next?  A set of garden gnomes with your names on them that run around deleting files you disapprove of in people’s games?

Let me start off by saying, go back to motorcity. If you'd taken the time to lurk and read threads, you would know that this has been discussed endlessly here. The files were paid for. Duh. We got sick of people violating a contract that they made with EA when they installed the damn game. Have you read it? I suggest you do so. We don't like people with the "we are the elilte" bullshite attitude. The EULA plainly states that you may not have a site for profit. Where is your outrage that they are taking money that they are not entitled to? Helping with bandwidth is allowed. Making a profit is not. When you estimate how many subscribers there are on one given site, and then total that up with how much a subscription is, don't you think that's quite a bit towards bandwidth? You know damn well they're not using all of that to cover their costs, they're paying people to work for them to make more money. Unless you work for the company that produces the product, you really don't have a right to make any money for it. Urf. Before I tell you to blow yourself to oblivion with your self-righteous hydrogen, I do urge you to lurk, read, and educate yourself as to what motives we may have. Other gaming communities do not charge for game mods. Why should this one be any different? Yes, there are talented people out there who make things for the game. Yes, they are appreciated for what they do. But, I am good friends with one of them and you know what? He doesn't want a damn DIME for the mods he has made. He had fun making them. That's why he did it, for the fun. You can still get his stuff over at InSim even though real life caused him to leave the community. His name? Squinge. Great guy, very talented. But he never wanted a damn thing to do with money because for him it was fun. It's a mother fucking game. If you or they want to make money off of a game, invent one that is all your own. Then you can take the profit and pay the taxes and all of the hassles. Another thing. Do they pay a cent in taxes from all of the cash they've raked in? Nope. If you want to run game content like a business, better go whole hog and treat it like one. Pay taxes. Pay the deductables for health care. Pay for whatever uniforms your little garden gnomes wear while pumping out the pixels for your site to pimp. But don't do it where you do not have a clear-cut contract from the company that supplies the game. Simple enough? And yeah, I am so PMS right now, it's not even funny. But, MY brain still works. We made ourselves guard dogs because people getting ripped off isn't funny. That is what community does, looks out for each other. If I saw some little old lady about to pay too damn much for something that ought to be free, say, a drink of water at a fountain, you can bet your ass that I would stop her and help her the few steps to the free one. Some of us have altruism and idealism. Some of us do it because we've been fucked over by the paysites. Some of us do it because we don't like people pretending to be what they aren't and pushing shit on innocents foolish enough to pay for it. I'm going to hush for now. But remember, you rip on me, I rip back. I ain't no sheep.

Brought to you from the Save the Bitchy Pirate Foundation.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 July 29, 01:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, Paden, hearty, have some rum 'cause you just made my day (well technically night, since it's late where I am). You're so...poetic *sniffle* ...*passes rum*  Cool

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 July 29, 01:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you not understand what you’ve done? I’m sure your intent was to hurt the owners of the paysites. Why? Because they have different opinions and operate differently from you. There again, your monumental egos couldn’t handle the competition when people didn’t bow to your demands. As if that’s not bad enough, you’ve hurt the 1000’s of Simmers who subscribed to those sites. They freely subscribed to gain those files. Nullifying those subscriptions by stealing the files was not your decision to make.
I've heard the "you're hurting paysite owners by giving away free stuff" argument many times but I've never heard the "you're hurting players by giving away free stuff" one.
Interesting point, right there. :roll: Who would have thought that "nullifying their subscriptions" would be worse than suckering them out of their money in the first place.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: