PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 18:05:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Why do people make paysites?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: why do people make paysites?  (Voting closed: 2007 July 06, 03:29:26)
greedy - 90 (94.7%)
its their job - 1 (1.1%)
the meshes are really hard to make - 4 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why do people make paysites?  (Read 6774 times)
SuperScooter
Landlubber

View Profile
Why do people make paysites?
« on: 2007 July 06, 03:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm not here to really complian, well not that much any way, but do they make them b/c the meshes are really hard to make and they feel like they should get compensated(sp?) for it , or is it there job( as in it brings home the bacon) Or is it that their just greedy. I don't know whitch but I would like to hear people's opinions about the matter.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 06, 03:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the chillun', of course.
Wrinkly Willy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 06, 03:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they see it as easy money.  Start a site, put items people want and are (relatively*) easy to make with little overhead and wait for the people to come to you.

* I am not saying that making custom content is effortless, but based upon the quality of much of the pay stuff...
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 06, 05:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're trying to turn a buck, using programs and tutorials freely offered to the community, off of people who, thanks to EAxis utter lack of foresight or action, think it's normal to shell out cash up front for the glorious opportunity to find out that the stuff is broken,  shittily made, buggers your game or was totally misrepresented in overly cropped, staged, touched-up and lens-flared pictures designed to draw you in and rip you off.  Some of them are downright predatory verging on evil and are worse than thieves, they're con artists, extortionists, and liars.

I guess that would fall into the greed category?

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
porcelainwhisper
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 06, 06:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People make paysites because they are crazy. Seriously expecting people to give you money for your oh so hard work is crazy. I mean, I get it... making a mesh is no easy task. Yes, it is time consuming. However, I didn't hold a gun to your head and force you to make that object.

And for the people that sell WALLS, FLOORS, and MAXIS RECOLORS.... why? Why the hell would you recolor a maxis mesh and then stick it in your subscription area?  :twisted:

And why do people buy domains and the space for a website, and proceed to cry about how much it costs? You obviously had the money to begin with... otherwise your website wouldn't be there. You knew how much it was going to cost... and you did it anyway. If people are just falling all over themselves to give you money for your bandwidth... great for you. That in no way, shape, or form requires you to sell these people items that no one else can have.

What bothers me more than paysites themselves, are the people that don't have paysites, yet fight to the death for them anyway. It's pathetically impressive how fiercely devoted these twats are to their favorite little paysites.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 06, 07:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the chilluns, muppet. They only do it to feed the chilluns.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 06, 08:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you all know how difficult it is to feed all those hungry screaming, gnashing mouths?

Give em a break, it's tough nowday's.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 06, 11:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't buy the argument that because meshes are hard to make, they should be compensated.  Hysterical Paroxysm, XM Sims, Tiggerypum, Nouk, and many other free creators - all of these people make meshes, and yet they are not compensated other than with our severe worship and thanks.

When paysite owners tell us how much time and effort they've put in, and how their time is worth it, are they really meaning to tell us that all those great free creators' time is worth nothing?

Their time is no more valuable than anyone else's - they are not more special - they are just more greedy.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 06, 11:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A-freakin-men, Calalily!  That is spoken so much better than anything I've tried to say on this topic.
Both creator's time is worth the same, but the free creators aren't greedy...finally an argument I can use that is hard to argue with.
I mean really, who would argue at that?
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 06, 11:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because they could get away with it....until now.  :twisted:
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 06, 12:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You left out "To feed their starving chilluns".

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 06, 12:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally just voted for the "traitor" option. I dunno, it seemed like the most amusing option since "to feed their starving chilluns" wasn't in there.
I feel dirty.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 06, 15:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care why  they make them. They're fun to pillage.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 06, 15:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
I don't care why  they make them. They're fun to pillage.

Yarr.  I agree with that.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
SuperScooter
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 06, 19:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I pretty much agree with every one. they might actually be more popluar if they were free site instead of pay. They should use their talents for good and not evil.  Shocked
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: