PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 10:46:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TS2 Enhancer 1.4
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Enhancer 1.4  (Read 58712 times)
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #90 on: 2007 April 10, 06:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to try to post something actually on topic, feel free to ignore me and childishly snipe at eachother if you wish.

TS2 Enhancer is a program sort of like SIMpe in that it lets you get into your neigborhood files and edit your sims outside of the game. You can change just about all of the traits, do skintone edits, and most of that kind of stuff. I have played with this program before and this is what I thought of it. The upside is that the interface is very friendly for the novice user, and the GUI pretty much explains everything as you go. The bad side is that the damn thing chokes to death on my downloads folder.

SIMpe on the other hand is a much more versatile program that does much more than TS2 Enhancer ever could. It seems pretty scary for new users though, and isn't exactly that user friendly. If you RTFM (or at least a tutorial for what you're trying to accomplish), it isn't actually that hard. It does take awhile to get loaded, but once it starts it never hangs. And it's free.

So yeah, in a limited capacity for a novice user with little CC, TS2 Enhancer may be worth it. For anyone else, SIMpe will get the job done with less of a headache.

As for a crack, I haven't seen a new one. The old one worked fine with pets though, and I was under the impression it worked with Seasons. If not, then you may be screwed for now.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #91 on: 2007 April 10, 06:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you change genetics on the fly in SimPe, or do you have to do Sim Surgery?  That's the only thing I haven't really figured out, and before I sorted out some of my yuckier skintones, it was the only way to save born in game sims that ended up with stupid skintones.
Scratch
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #92 on: 2007 April 10, 07:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinctia, I had a hard time getting sim surgery to work for me for the longest time until i did a little cleaning and organizing my download folder...

I put all my Body/Clothing meshes in one separate folder and my skintones in another separate folder and then add those 2 folders to SimPe's file table in preferences... If sim surgery barfs up an error when you try to copy a skintone then it can't find the Body Mesh most likely.... good luck
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #93 on: 2007 April 10, 08:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
Can you change genetics on the fly in SimPe, or do you have to do Sim Surgery?  That's the only thing I haven't really figured out, and before I sorted out some of my yuckier skintones, it was the only way to save born in game sims that ended up with stupid skintones.

Yes you can. In fact, I wrote up a tutorial about how to do so (with version 0.58) on how to change both the appearance and genetics of NPCs using SimPE. You can find that here.  Take a look to see if it's what you're wanting.

If, however, you want to change just one aspect of a Sim to something else (instead of making their genetics the exact same as another Sim's), that I can't help you with. You'd have to do some more research on that. :(
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #94 on: 2007 April 10, 18:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually what I meant.

See, in the Enhancer (before I was getting stream read errors all the time), I could load up a character, go to their genetics, and change the skintone by selecting the one I wanted from a drop down box.  You can also change what they inherited from their parents that way.

I may just find a way to redownload that old version and see if that fixes it, because that was the main thing I ever used it for.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #95 on: 2007 April 10, 18:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
That's actually what I meant.

See, in the Enhancer (before I was getting stream read errors all the time), I could load up a character, go to their genetics, and change the skintone by selecting the one I wanted from a drop down box.  You can also change what they inherited from their parents that way.

I may just find a way to redownload that old version and see if that fixes it, because that was the main thing I ever used it for.

Wasn't that with the stream read errors before the latest update? I don't have stream read errors anymore, but all new hair gets an error message. Then I can go into genetics as usual.

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
KikiGo
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #96 on: 2007 April 10, 18:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the replies explaining exactly what it is..my curiosity has been satisfied!

ause you talk like a F*g and your shits all retarded!!!
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #97 on: 2007 April 11, 19:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enhancer for Petz just ignores the genetics and make-up files created with petz bodyshop instead of stream error thingy that was in previous versions (no idea about Seasons, though), so they don't show up in genetic catalog, but you still can work with older skins.

As for SimSurgery, it crashes every time I try to launch it, so I don't even know how it looks. Undecided

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
queenisis
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #98 on: 2007 April 11, 22:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE used to work fine for me, but when they updated it for NL it would take FOREVER to load, so I just deleted it....it just takes way too long!
Whatever
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #99 on: 2007 April 12, 14:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I for one am interested in a crack. I like to use the most efficient tool for each task. Because I'm lazy.
With SimEnhancer I used to change skins in a click: the sim+its parents with the recessive skintone for all in a click, using a name for the skintone I wanted, without having to go search for numbers.
With the same unique click I could change their eyes, choosing from a list of names from Maxis and custom content alike.
And with that same click I could change the colour of their hair. All these changes in one page.
And it made backups in a click.
And Datgen is more efficient for binning hair. I select the bunch of hair I want to bin, throw it in the file bowser, open the tool and have them on a page with boxes waiting to be clicked according to the colour I want, checking the colours to see which ones look more brownish or reddish. If there is more than one brown, I save the first fours or fives, uncheck them and check the remaining ones and they will be saved in the same family. Then I close Datgen, and the same files that are still highlighted from the first move are ready to be transfered to Downloads.
The only thing it does not do is getting rid of unwanted ages.
Does simpe do that or just hides them?
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #100 on: 2007 April 12, 15:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is "binning hair"?

Is that when you go through the hair files that are listed as custom and assign them to a hair color?
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #101 on: 2007 April 12, 16:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, binning hair is to put blonde hair in the blonde bin, black in the black bin instead of custom.

I once tried to use SimPe to change my sims' eyecolor, and first it worked, but when I let my sims change appearance the next time, the eyecolor went back to original.

DonovanCook
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #102 on: 2007 April 12, 20:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use SimPE for extracing sims if I need to and to bin hair.

WHY oh WHY are all of you having such genetics issues?Huh Get good defaults and only use skins and eyes you like. Easy.  :shock:

I'd find it very troublesome to have to change genetics all the time.

SimPE is free so I say use that and Insim. Insim will do almost all of that and much more.  :lol:

Carissa, it's appearence not experience.....

quot;Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" -Marilyn Monroe

I don't laugh in death's face. I tend to make belittling comments and snigger behind death's back.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #103 on: 2007 April 12, 20:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Lyran's eyesets before, and only recently I learned that some rather natural eyes look better on my sims than maxis-ish eyes, so I wanted to delete my old eyesets and let my already created sims have the new eyes, but it didn't work... Now I have skins and eyes I love, but my old sims either still have not matching eyes or the eyes that came with Louis' skins...

Thanks. This happens when I type too fast. I think you can see from this that English isn't my first language...

Whatever
Landlubber

View Profile
TS2 Enhancer 1.4
« Reply #104 on: 2007 April 13, 11:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant by changing skins and eyes is that it did that genetically in that click.
And I had to change a whole bunch of sims after culling skins and eyes. I avoided the dreadful "no eye colour except the one painted on the skin syndrome".Which can be inherited. That would solve your problem, Carissa.
I have nice defaults, but I like a bit of variety.
The only problem was that creators sometimes just put their names in the file name  :roll:  and so I had no idea what colour I was choosing. But plenty more put the colour in the name.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: