PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 14:29:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80580 times)
silver
ARR!

View Profile
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #300 on: 2007 October 02, 18:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims reminds me of Animal Crossing and even Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, except I don't think you can travel between towns like AC or raise a kid like MM.

http://mysims.ea.com/

I wonder if you can fish in this one ... oh yes. You can.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2007 October 02, 21:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pinksmoke"
I don't really care about Sims 3 since most of the good sites aren't going to do stuff for Sims 3.

Why do you think that?

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2007 October 02, 23:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New sites will spring up for TS3, just like new sites sprung up for TS2.  I see no issue here in terms of quality custom content--it'll be like it is now.  Some good, some bad.  Hopefully all free, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't want to think about TS3 until it's out on the shelves.  =P
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: 2007 October 03, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fully expect some of the TS2 creators to do TS3 CC well....some will suck...and we'll see a whole new batch of creators.

Kinda like we saw in the TS1/TS2 transition.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Smithycpl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2007 October 03, 01:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Quote from: "HopeBayler"
Im pissed off now that I see some of my creations at the graveyard. I never gave permission for my stuff to be uploaded there(Im not retired).
Im now working on getting my creations re-uploaded at Insimentor forum.
I am sick though and waiting for the hospital to call about getting me in for some test. So I am slow on creating and re-uploading but I don't think it will kill people to wait longer.

Katy made a food bag, I made the picnic basket version. It was a personal creation just cloned from her food bag. I contacted the site to have it removed.

Fish& veg extractions I don't care about since it wasn't tons of work and she did edit them to work fully. So them being upload there is fine.

But I wish for no creations of mine to be uploaded there with my permission, I contacted the graveyard and hope they will respect this.

I do know people mistaked my creations for hers alot. Like on our team projects I remember alot of people always said thanks to katy but not me.
And meshing is alot of work, so it always pissed me off but I kept my mouth shut. So I think some people could be sending in files saying they are fully katys.

I don't know who all is sending them things Hope. But, I have been very careful to only include things that say Katy on them. Nothing that says Katy and Hope. I did send them Smithy's things he did with Katy after he said it was ok. I personally think he was smart to do it that way and save himself the drama of dealing with Katy, if she came back later and tried to cause problems for him with anything she worked on.

Especially since they're half hers, he saves himself the headache and drama. We know EA will get involved if someone calls them and says a site is hosting their things and refuses to remove them and she'd do something like that out of spite if she saw him uploading things he made with her. On the graveyard they're just uploaded by former members not him, so everyone gets to enjoy them. But, I've only shared Katy's things and Smithy's and I believe that's all Liz sent me to share also. She already has a lot I didn't share with pictures so other's are sharing as well, and possibly not even people that have been to this site. I just sent the package files.

Oh and PS I think Katy is indeed reading this thread, so you've just told her where your uploading things she worked on with you. I don't think that was a good thing, if she's as vindictive as everyone is saying. I know she knows about the thread. I told her and Stephan about it, that people were trying to get them support before all this other stuff came out.

PSS Try to rest and get better, it will all work out. I'm sure they'll remove your things from the graveyard you worked on.

Hope, i'm not sure how many items you made with Katy after i left, but i do know almost 30% she uploaded under her name was also with meshes done by me.
I created also the most meshes what we uploaded in our common account and i also created a few that she asked me, for her own, that didn't even where upoaded.
Even it's hard to say goodbye to all that work, i will only upload the newspaper kiosk at MTS2, that i had under my name at smb. (it is already uploaded btw)
I was thinking about the fashion kiosk also, but i changed my mind about that.
I did say here about all the stuff i made at smb, you can send it to the graveyard.
And i still mean that, of course not the items that where posted under my name alone.
I know also how hard it sometimes was that she gets the credits, while indeed sometimes meshing took much longer then adding a few lines of code.
I do make hacks myself for sims2 so i can tell, and she never allowed me to create hacks while i was at smb, because she felt it was against her then.
I hated also the fact she didn't allow me to upload food under my name there.
So i think i rather have a little pain now and allow my meshes on the graveyard then to have even more pain by uploading them, and then get angry replies in my threads from her. (even she cannot do anything about that anymore since she doesn't share them anymore)

BTW do you know if Kathy from insim is on vacation or away or something?
I send her a pm a week ago but she didn't reply that yet.

I'm happy you have your forum there again and also i started again creating and uploading at MTS2.
I think this thread did wonders for me!

Also on a side note for everyone here, about Jan (female or not)!
Personally i don't know it, could be, but i think no, i do think hes a guy.
A week ago someone showed me a photo where Katy was holding a teddy bear that she got from Svetlanka.
And i was very surprised to see Katy wearing a wedding ring on that photo.
To ad it even more suspicious, she deleted that picture after she posted it again after about 20 mins, but little she knew that someone saved that picture on his/her computer, and gave it to me. (i will not reveal the name of who i got it from)
Maybe she realized suddenly her wedding ring was visible in it, and then deleted it.
For those who saw my story i posted here in this thread a while ago, know this came pretty hard over to me.
But i can tell i always had the feeling they might had something together.
So i think more that Jan and Katy where a couple. Smiley

HawkGirl, thank you for pointing that out what i indeed gave permission for.
I will wait a while and look what's uploaded there, and if i happen to still have some items made by me and Katy that aren't uploaded on the graveyard, then i will send those also to them there.

PS Funny how fast this thread has gone over into a Sims 3 thread LOL!  :lol:
To add my 2 cents about sims 3, they still are in development phase at maxis.
At this moment there isn't anyone besides them that know how it will look like.
But i''m sure it will look better then sims 2.
The day SimPe for sims 3 comes out or another likewise program, i will be creating for sims 3.
Like it was with most of the expansions, i think we will see only the first screens when it is almost complete.

Arrr! This be good grog!
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2007 October 03, 05:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smithy there were some no name things I did leave out. I think they went with the Ready for Army set? It didn't have yours or Katy's name on them, and like I told Hope if I didn't see any name on the file at all I left it out. So you may need to double check that set after she gets it posted. Unless someone else already shared that set with them. I also don't believe I sent any of the Koisks when I sent the files because when I looked at them, there was so much that needed to go with them for them to work. I wasn't sure on some of them, if it was you or Hope. I didn't shared any of the beach things either because there was so much to that set, and the lot. Plus the skins needed for tanning were Helaene's?? I think.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
ShanOw
« Reply #306 on: 2007 October 03, 08:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smithy,
Katy is gone. If there is something that you worked on toghether I urge you to upload it under your name. If MTS2 doesn'y accept it, put it on insim/sims2 world or my site, just upload it please.

ps. my site is www.sims2luxury.com
Smithycpl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2007 October 03, 18:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Smithy there were some no name things I did leave out. I think they went with the Ready for Army set? It didn't have yours or Katy's name on them, and like I told Hope if I didn't see any name on the file at all I left it out. So you may need to double check that set after she gets it posted. Unless someone else already shared that set with them. I also don't believe I sent any of the Koisks when I sent the files because when I looked at them, there was so much that needed to go with them for them to work. I wasn't sure on some of them, if it was you or Hope. I didn't shared any of the beach things either because there was so much to that set, and the lot. Plus the skins needed for tanning were Helaene's?? I think.

Well most of my packages end with "cpl", i'm not sure i did that also for the army set.
But be aware that set was done with 4-5 creators at that time.
Most meshes came from me and Fee, so i would better leave that one out on the graveyard.
I think it's better to wait now for if others also send some items to the graveyard.

Quote from: "ShanOw"
Smithy,
Katy is gone. If there is something that you worked on toghether I urge you to upload it under your name. If MTS2 doesn'y accept it, put it on insim/sims2 world or my site, just upload it please.

ps. my site is www.sims2luxury.com

that's very friendly of you Shanow, but i did upload a few things already on MTS2 in the meantime.
I also uploaded a few things for example a "cooking exhaust hood" that was never uploaded at smb but was normally part of a kitchen set.

I will not uploading anything that was made together by me and Katy.
Only the newspaper kiosk, that was under my name at smb and maybe the Fashion kiosk, because i worked very long on that mesh.
Also, i wouldn't feel good about it if i was to upload those things again, and 2nd, i think i want to close that chapter and move on.
I'm sure i still can offer much to the community with creating new things.
Over at MTS2 i now feel very good and i must say Delphy did much for me the last week to get my old account back and make me feel comfortable again.

I also have an offer from Insim that i still am waiting for a final response from Kathy there.
I think uploading at MTS2 together with insim and also Francy's and Rob's site i will have enough work.
But i will also try at least to put some objects at your site, but only new ones then if that's ok for you.
But at least allow me the time to have everything again uploaded at the other sites, it takes mighty long making new screens and uploading those things and meantime also creating new stuff.
When my account merge at mts2 is completely done, i will be making again foods also.
This together with hacks, new meshes and lots i think is enough to fill my days and to deliver quality uploads for my own, without thinking back at what i done before. Cheesy

To wrap it up, as long as i don't see anywhere a ok from Katy to upload the things that where made together, i won't upload them under my name.
I think the graveyard is exactly the place where they belong for me.
And by myself i will not ask it to her.
HopeBayler
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2007 October 03, 19:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good for you Smithy, it's great to see your not hiding anymore and taking back what's yours. It's great to see you are uploading your creations.

As for me I would be left with few creations if I left out object hack clone's or team creations I would be left with nothing to upload.
So I have choosen to still upload my creations and some team creations I did with katy. But also in respect to her policy I don't allow my object meshes to be included with recolors ect. since most of them contain her hacks.
Im kinda screwed over though for special hacked objects that I requested and she hacked. Like Kids only tableset& bookcase which I clone alot for sets.
And the bunkbed of inge's that she fixed up for me so the sheets work & mattress is normal again. And before the site went down I started a new grow-up set that I cloned it for. I still think I will upload it whenever I get the full set done. Since it was done before then and other people I believe have cloned it like at TSR, so at least Im keeping it free.

But as for team creations from me and Swtness2, I will not re-upload our creations under my name. She was always good to me and Im leaving it up to her to decide if she wants to upload them or put them in the graveyard.

As for katy coming back and leaving nasty messages, Im not worried.
See Kathy is awesome and she hates that drama crap as much as I do.
So she said she will not be having it at her site and she will take care of those who try to. And also smithy if you go there the great thing is it's easy going. It's nice to be at a site where you don't have the stress of trying to reply to every post.
dinglouisa
Landlubber

View Profile
Suspicious link!
« Reply #309 on: 2007 October 17, 06:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://sims2world.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=280
I found a link that was send to me by yahoo group mail which I have posted at the above link.

If you read the description, you find it rather fishy.

Louisa
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Suspicious link!
« Reply #310 on: 2007 October 17, 06:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dinglouisa"
http://sims2world.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=280
I found a link that was send to me by yahoo group mail which I have posted at the above link.

If you read the description, you find it rather fishy.

Louisa

That is Jan. Don't join that group she's about crazy too. lol Could be the same Jan. Waving Hi Smiley

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
dinglouisa
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2007 October 17, 06:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be same since it look like his way of doing.
 :roll: Louisa
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2007 October 17, 06:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't visited Jan's link in awhile, so did I miss the discussion of this (from the "Related Link" at the bottom of the page)?
http://www.velvetvictoriansims2.com/

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2007 October 17, 07:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Micavaga"
I haven't visited Jan's link in awhile, so did I miss the discussion of this (from the "Related Link" at the bottom of the page)?
http://www.velvetvictoriansims2.com/

Nah it looks new, I just reported it on the paysite list in the treasure chest. What's the betting that Jan = Kim. :twisted:
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2007 October 17, 07:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering the really bad web design, the use of a non-standard font (again, though this time it's "Garamond") and the plug for donations before you even enter the site?  Yeah, it's probably just Jan.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: