PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 22:56:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1075047 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3150 on: 2009 February 13, 03:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This, of course, all depends on if he had any brain cells to begin with. I'm beginning to seriously wonder if all of these people have been doing heavy drugs since they were in diapers or shortly after that phase of their lives ended.
Probably before. I suspect they are crackbabies.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 2009 February 13, 03:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could make such the comment right now, but am unsure of how to word it! Yes, rude panther is rude tonight!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
spunkysim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 2009 February 13, 06:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I go with both Paden's theory and Pescado's.  Crackbabies and then continued on with heavy drugs.  You can't be that delusional without some serious brain damage.

And somebody "borrowed" my avatar.   Sad
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 2009 February 13, 07:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's ok, I like your impatient kitty. I think it's adorable!

siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 2009 February 13, 08:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Murano.  The Nigerian dude told me he's willing to start a bidding war with west-technology!
They'll pay one million dollars! (dr. evil voice) I'll take an undisclosed amount too for telling you.

(I bet he's all giddy now!) Moar monies.

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 2009 February 14, 01:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DIE 12!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 2009 February 14, 03:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HTTP/HTTPS thing really doesn't matter, because it only protects against one particularly obscure form of attack that basically never happens on normal networks. Plus it's a real pain in the neck to set up in the first place, and tends to involve you in even more dodgy shyster companies.
Well it got me an A!
I didn't really even have to search hard to find it. It's on snopes.com.
I'm not certain I follow you.

End of year school project. Had to check out computer safety for computer class and I looked up snopes (I was bored) and the HTTP thing came up and I just rewrote it and got an A on the project.Then again someone said Jesus made the interwebs and got a C. My teachers are idoits. Lips sealed
I am in an exam year where I live so it was a big help.

If this doesn't make any sense it because it almost 2:00 am here and my bloody neighbours are screaming at the top of their  lungs. Damn Drunk Teenagers.  Cry
Anyone know a legal way to shut them up? Cops don't do a thing. The neighbours are at the cop shop every week because they get beaten up by the rival town group. I wish Pinhead was here to rip their bodies apart.Or you know any old horror villan.I think I go sleep sleep now.

You know, not to sound like an old bitch now, but I'm going to because you damn well deserve it. If I knew where you went to school, I'd turn your ass in for what you've done. You did no work of your own, did no research and learned nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. In fact, you pretty much would fit right in with some of the folks over at TSR just fine, what with the way they slap logos from famous companies onto their shit and such. You stole your grade just like they steal ideas from those more intelligent than they are. I'm ashamed you're here. This one time, I will agree with Pes. DIE, 12!!

We have people here in college that work their asses off to get the grades that they do and they are right to be proud of the work they do! We have a woman that is writing her thesis and is tops in her field due to hard work and effort, and here you are, a punk licking on a goddamn lollipop, proud as hell that you stole research from a well-known website, changed some words around a bit and received an A!! If you are any example of the kind of student that goes to a public school, I'm going to home school my kid in the hopes that he learns how to do some WORK!

Would you admit this kind of shit to your parents? No? Then why in the hell do it here?! Did you expect a pat on the head and an, "Oh, you are just the most cunning and clever little thing I've ever run across in all my born days, bless your little cotton socks," kind of reception?? SURPRISE! You ain't gonna get it! You're lazy. You're stupid. You have all the morals of Rod Blagojevich trying to auction off Obama's senate seat! Get thee gone and ne'er return, for you plain suck. And yeah, if my kid pulled something like what you just admitted to, I'd hit the roof worse than this, you can bet your ass. You either get somewhere on your own merits or you bust your guts trying. You DON'T ride the coattails of those with more brains and talent than your own and then say that you did it all by yourself.

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 2009 February 14, 03:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Internet is making kids lazy.  My step daughter thinks I am crazy for looking words up in a dictionary  and proudly admits she never used one before.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 2009 February 14, 04:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no "15". You are *12*. DIE, 12!

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3159 on: 2009 February 14, 04:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can grouse all you want about "kids these days" and using the internet for research, but I will say this--electronic journals are so much better than their paper versions.  You can search so much easier for the information you want, then only print out the articles you want, or even the parts of articles you want.  I can't imagine the hell some of my projects would have been in college.  The hours spent in the library, searching so much...I could spend more time on the actual reading and writing instead of SEARCHING for sources.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 2009 February 14, 05:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The internet does not make kids lazy. The kids in question are obviously just lazy to begin with and the internet is just a diversion.

A Webster's online or a Webster's on paper is still a Webster's. Using the one does not make you any better than someone that uses the other. However not using one at all does in fact make you an idiot. I totally agree with Quinctia, research without the internet sucks. I don't quite understand how using the internet is not doing it on your own, that makes no sense. The value of information is not altered by it's mode of transportation.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
PorkchopzNgravy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 2009 February 14, 05:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kenmtl basically said everything I was going to say.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 2009 February 14, 06:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to be a bit sarcastic, i guess i missed the point on that one. ( it was along the same lines as telling your kids you had to walk 10 miles to school, uphill both ways, with no shoes in the snow!)  Trust me I use the Internet all the time for school!

And yes I do use an old paper back dictionary.... it is just from habit more than anything. English is not my first language and you will not find a reliable spell check for Inuktitut to English on the internet that I am aware of! And I am an old fart at heart anyways.lol

« Last Edit: 2009 February 14, 06:28:15 by littletoes » Logged

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 2009 February 14, 06:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its not the fact she used the internet that is the problem. The problem is she said she read the thing online, took it, rewrote it, and said it was her own work. Thats plagiarism, and it can get you in serious trouble, and not just at school.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 2009 February 14, 07:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. Had she used more than one source for her research, I'd not have gone off as I did. The fact that she said she had reworded the article and gotten an A on it just pissed me off royally when I KNOW there are student here that spend countless hours scouring the 'net to find data for their reports. Many of them most likely also use paper resources so they have a good range of facts at their disposal when it comes to writing up something for their classes. The brat took something already published, reworded it and handed it in, taking all the credit for work done that was not her own. That really gets on my nerves. For God's sake, at least have two or three other sources to work from! Gaah!

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: