PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 18:54:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 912491 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1785 on: 2008 December 01, 23:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Cal, can't figure out the qoute thing this quickly, but I read your post.  Wink

I think i know the answer, but let's say Walt is a dummny and will post his plans about shutting down Insim, or his anger about someone attempting to download the site, or he suddenly finds out about the plans of ripping the community out of his hands. Wouldn't a real time informant in the staff section come in handy, especially if we don't know what he might do?

Inactive
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 2008 December 01, 23:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*insert big sigh here* I can't go anywhere NOW.

Is anyone at all slightly creeped out by this faux pas?

Quote from: Walt
I don't want to replace you [mods], unless I have to!

I mean, I know if an outsider came on board here and said that, I would shoot him to high heaven, plank be dammed. Am I too touchy for that to rub me the wrong way?

I think the exclamation point is what pushes it over the edge... it makes him come across as vaguely threatening and kind of jumpy.

I sing along with elevator music.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 2008 December 01, 23:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for those of you who are interested, and I do believe that you all have a vested interest in this, this is what Walt had to say

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/Aliwag74/Walt%20Insim/grovellingwaltA.png

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/Aliwag74/Walt%20Insim/grovellingWaltB.png

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/Aliwag74/Walt%20Insim/grovellingwaltC.png

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/Aliwag74/Walt%20Insim/grovellingwaltD.png

Whilst there, I was also looking for some way to try and block access but I couldn't find a way

The pics have already been deleted?
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 2008 December 01, 23:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to play devils advocate and point out one thing to all of you people saying "DONT GO THERE!!! OMG WTF LOL BBQ":

- Actually browsing the site and reading it is actually quite minimal in terms of server resources compared to posting
- Actually attempting to POST stuff uses more resources that just reading
- Downloading attachments takes up the MOST resources, due to the way a default vBulletin is constructed and the way it sends files.

Thus, telling people not to go there to slurp *files* is one thing.  Telling them that they can't go and read a few things is totally another.

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: 2008 December 01, 23:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, now I love Delphy.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 2008 December 01, 23:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@NOUK

And besides, some of us quite like watching people fight Smiley

Wink

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 2008 December 01, 23:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"DONT GO THERE!!! OMG WTF LOL BBQ"

^ Ha !!

Oh yeah and the photobucket links are broken...
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 2008 December 01, 23:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Communication and Information is Key! Thanks Delphy.

So now let's see everyone reading this thread race to InSIM!  Cheesy

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
MistaEff
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 2008 December 01, 23:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since only the mods have access to the staff thread (right?), hopefully there won't be a sudden influx of gawkers...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 2008 December 01, 23:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wrong

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
MissMuffet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 2008 December 01, 23:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Im an honest pirate and I did go there and found this little gem:

In response to why is the site (Insim) having problems loading...

"Actually, it's been happening for well over a week, before Walt took over, so it can't be blamed on Walt or the people attempting to make a back up. I have very little respect for the people who are gobbling up bandwidth and server connections attempting a unilateral back up, and disrupting the normal operations of the board. I do hope the creators and story writers have copies of all their work (I'll be saving off copies of my few things), but I really don't think anyone else has the "right" or "responsibility" to "back up the board."  - miros1

See, no good deed goes unpunished.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1796 on: 2008 December 01, 23:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah and the photobucket links are broken...

Snagged 'em, just in case:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/cosmic_charly/simsmisc/grovellingwaltA.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/cosmic_charly/simsmisc/grovellingWaltB.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/cosmic_charly/simsmisc/grovellingwaltC.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/cosmic_charly/simsmisc/grovellingwaltD.png

Also, fuck it. I give up. I've been going around telling (begging) people not to go there. Screw it. Do whatever you want. I thought people 'in the know' would have given someone trying to help the benefit of the doubt. If even the people here and at Sims Oasis can't be bothered to hold back anymore, go ahead and have a ball.

I hope to God you're right, Delphy...

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1797 on: 2008 December 01, 23:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was there when I got the message from the other mod, which I *why* I didn't do the screenies. Thirty seconds. I timed it. Soon as she said, "I got it", I was out. Thanks for your vote of confidence. And you don't know why I went, so don't bother to waste your time in speculating. It's unbecoming of someone of your stature.

You got a message, and were only there for 30 seconds? Amazing.  

Look, Paden, if one of you guys can't go to the damn staff forum for some pictures, then maybe the 250+ normal members can satisfy curiosity. Owait, they can't. Nevermind.  Wink

They'll try now that the mods can't control themselves now, won't they?

Inge is gonna be so pissed.

Also if anybody else wants to cough up some goods, I think now would be the time.

There's always the morning. Cheesy

I was there when I got the message from the other mod, which I *why* I didn't do the screenies. Thirty seconds. I timed it. Soon as she said, "I got it", I was out. Thanks for your vote of confidence. And you don't know why I went, so don't bother to waste your time in speculating. It's unbecoming of someone of your stature.

But Paden, we trusted people here not to go. I don't know what you mean by 'vote of confidence' and you've mentioned it twice now. I don't get it.

Whatever was accorded as far as a "vote of confidence" it was lost the minute she went onto the forum.  

Ok Cal, can't figure out the qoute thing this quickly, but I read your post.  Wink

I think i know the answer, but let's say Walt is a dummny and will post his plans about shutting down Insim, or his anger about someone attempting to download the site, or he suddenly finds out about the plans of ripping the community out of his hands. Wouldn't a real time informant in the staff section come in handy, especially if we don't know what he might do?

What is a real time informant going to do with this information - Walt either shuts Pescado down, or he doesn't.  Either he baleets Insim altogether, or he doesn't.  Seeing as I presume Pescado has the script running automated, then what forewarning is going to make a difference?  Maybe Pescado would like a real time informant, but there were 2 separate moderators on the site at the same time - which nixed the whole idea that it would be of any benefit.  Even if that were the case, why then announce the sorries, and the fact that there was something to gawk at at all?

I would like to play devils advocate and point out one thing to all of you people saying "DONT GO THERE!!! OMG WTF LOL BBQ":

- Actually browsing the site and reading it is actually quite minimal in terms of server resources compared to posting
- Actually attempting to POST stuff uses more resources that just reading
- Downloading attachments takes up the MOST resources, due to the way a default vBulletin is constructed and the way it sends files.

Thus, telling people not to go there to slurp *files* is one thing.  Telling them that they can't go and read a few things is totally another.

Then why are the very mods of Insim bothering to tell anyone not to go there - why not just ask them not to download - they can make stickies and everything - they're mods.  And from those screenshots, shows they were taken today, they did in fact, post there.  More than one moderator as well.  And why are they yelling about the importance of staying away, if we don't actually have to stay away?

Since only the mods have access to the staff thread (right?), hopefully there won't be a sudden influx of gawkers...

Ya think?  They can't even get members who've read this thread and know what's happening to stay away. They'll all be over there now.

Well, Im an honest pirate and I did go there and found this little gem:

In response to why is the site (Insim) having problems loading...

Case in point.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 2008 December 01, 23:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think the mods need to be seen there a little, if for no other reason that to keep Walt in the dark that anything else is going on.  The mods would be hanging aroung normally so what should their excuse be to him if all of the sudden there wasnt any one to be found.  Like I said before, if they can get him to trust them enough and seeing how he said that he needs to be able to deligate to them, maybe he will grant them some adminstrative rights and then they can be of more help to us.  

Also, I think it is different for Paden and the other mods to go there while still telling everyone else to stay off.  They are the Staff.  They actually might have a reason to be there while the rest of us would only be gawking and messing up the place.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 2008 December 01, 23:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed the links ... I stupidly overlooked the fact that my photobucket album shows fairly obviously who I am and we never know who's here

I reposted them them with tinypics if those if you who've quoted me want to update your posts??

Thanks Mr Boddy ... sometimes I'm not the sharpest pencil in the pot
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: