PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 21:44:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"  (Read 36364 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
« Reply #105 on: 2007 September 20, 00:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei,

Yeah, you know.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 September 20, 02:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Show me hard evidence of exactly how much you take in and where it goes and then I'll believe you. Assertions mean diddly squat. I'll still think the site's a stupid idea, though.

I also find it difficult to believe that someone running a paysite would make the "mistake" of selling someone else's skins. "We all make mistakes" is not a good excuse. Nor is that "language barrier" stuff.

Also, what Lorelei said.

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 September 20, 22:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"

Oh, and my balls still itch.

you might want to invest in a can of Cruex   :lol:

for some real happy picture goodness....

try Google Image search using "jock itch"

not for the faint hearted to be sure...   :shock:
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 September 20, 23:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*trys to resist the Monkey's search suggestion*  Is there a self-help group that can help me with this? :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 September 23, 17:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's posted how much they've collected so far with a list via paypal.  :roll: So ....................where is the information that she's forwarded the money collected on to the charities?  :wink:

http://freenet-homepage.de/bluesea/

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2007 September 23, 18:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Requip"
She's posted how much they've collected so far with a list via paypal.  :roll: So ....................where is the information that she's forwarded the money collected on to the charities?  :wink:

http://freenet-homepage.de/bluesea/

Zero of course - and I bet when they do show the amount, they'll put a table up there of how much they gave to each charity - not actual proof.  

Notice too, that the price has been hiked. Now 3 euro instead of 1 euro.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2007 September 23, 19:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Notice too, that the price has been hiked. Now 3 euro instead of 1 euro.

That's probably because they realized that one euro just about covers the Paypal fees and doesn't leave anything for anyone else.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 September 23, 20:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:roll:

Errrmmmmmm..........is this easy to understand?

You may not sell custom content for any cause what so ever, dumbass.
[/b]

Why don't you just have links to those charities on your site and free downloads? Don't come here with another pathetic excuse to SELL custom content.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 September 23, 21:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Requip.  Set your downloads free or go away.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 September 23, 21:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so tired of these "donate and it will go to charity" scams.  Remember when Hchangeri did it?  (Not) good times..

Scammers aren't very creative these days.  Charity, dead husbands, dying chilluns, ripped off by website designer, someone's hacked my site and used up all my bandwidth and $2500 worth more..  *sigh*  

If it doesn't involve a mime, a lime, and butthurt then I'm not interested in hearing about it.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Shark*Tooth*Hester
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 September 23, 21:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bluesea"
Of course we can donate at another way but it will be the easiest and best way to donate over paypal!

Well obviously it isn't if:

Quote from: "Bluesea"
as you can see if we got a donation of 1,00€ we received 63 Cent

Logic failure, please try again.
harlequingirls
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 September 24, 00:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah, there goes the meaning of every penny helps...

I'm just wondering, why are those poor souls who actually spend their time and their money indirectly blamed for being greedy and stuff because they dare not to think of PayPal's stupid fees?

Why is PayPal so popular anyway?
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2007 September 24, 02:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "harlequingirls"
Well yeah, there goes the meaning of every penny helps...

I'm just wondering, why are those poor souls who actually spend their time and their money indirectly blamed for being greedy and stuff because they dare not to think of PayPal's stupid fees?

Why is PayPal so popular anyway?

PayPal is easy and inexpensive and you don't need to install any shopping cart application and pay for credit card and check processing services. It is also international.

Still watching you guys
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2007 September 24, 06:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

julsfels

Das finde ich auch eine gute Idee. Das Spenden direkt per Paypal wird eh nicht zu verwirklichen sein - ich habe mit dem WWF, Unicef, Greenpeace und dem BUND telefoniert, und keiner hat ein Paypal-Konto. Die meisten wußten nicht mal, was das ist, und alle waren der Meinung , das sie das nicht machen würden wegen der zusätzlichen Gebühren. Allerdings war ich der Meinung, dass ich irgendwo mal bei Paypal gelesen habe, dass gemeinnützige Organisationen keine Gebühren zahlen müssen. Das scheinen die aber nicht zu wissen bzw. es besteht kein Interesse . Wie werden wohl leider per Überweisung spenden müssen, dann eine Spendenquittung anfordern und die dann online stellen müssen. Am besten vermutlich lückenlos, also Paypal Ausgang aufs Konto - Kontoauszug von der Überweisung - Spendenquittung *seufz*. Sonst heisst es wahrscheinlich eh wieder, wir würden betrügen. Ein paar Leute haben auch bemängelt, dass sie nicht mitentscheiden können, an wen gespendet wird. Vielleicht sollte man vorher festlegen, an wen die Spende gehen soll und das dann auf der Seite ankündigen. Wenn man dann einen Betrag zusammen hat, der hoch genug zum Spenden ist, kann man dann ja nach der Überweisung wechseln und das dann wieder ankündigen. Dann weiß jeder Bescheid, an wen das Geld geht.
__________________ Zitat finish Julsfels

Irgend wie erschließt sich mir nicht der Sinn einer derartigen "Spendenaktion auf Krampf." Was oder wer hindert Bluesea und Julsfels wem auch immer eine Spende zukommen zu lassen? So wie es jeder Mensch tut, der das vorhat. Geld überweisen, Spendenquittung bekommen, fertig. Für mich sieht das nicht nach einer uneigennützigen Spende aus. Es ist ganz offensichtlich, dass hier alles getan wird, um über Organisationen wie Unicef und WWF eine schöne, satte Werbung zu bekommen, ohne dafür selbst einen Cent einzusetzen. Im Zusammenhang mit diesen Organisationen gesehen einfach nur unschön. Denn was verkauft wird, sind Dinge die weder Bluesea noch Julsfeld noch den anderen Erstellern gehören, es ist und bleibt Eigentum von EA. Man setzt keinen eigenen Cent ein , kassiert von anderen das Geld und spielt gegenüber den Organisationen den großzügigen Maxen und ganz nebenbei bleiben die Websiten im Gespräch. So etwas auf dem Rücken von Hilfsorganisationen auszutragen ist einfach nur abartig und zeigt einmal mehr, von welcher Mentalität und Moral ein Teil der Leute ist, die sich in der Simswelt bewegen. Bemerkenswert dabei, dass auch das Simforum mit von der Partie ist, wie auf der Website von Bluesea deutlich hervorgeht. Werbung, Ruhm, Bekanntheit auf dem Rücken von Hilfsorganisationen, ohne einen Finger zu rühren, ohne einen Cent zu spenden. Noch schlimmer geht nimmer. Eine schmutzige Geschichte, wie das ganze Verhalten zum Thema Pay und die Einstellung in diesem Forum zu den Lizenzbestimmungen, zu Rechten und Gesetzen und der Haltung, dass alles erlaubt ist, solange es dem Forum und einigen Erstellern nützt und die Vermarktung ankurbelt.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 September 24, 07:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roxelane, I am taking a guess here, but, I would say about 90% of the people in this forum don't understand German.  Your posts really need to be in english if you want to get your point across.  There is a non-english speaking thread here if you want to use it.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: