PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:16:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101735 times)
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #135 on: 2006 November 06, 15:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And your point is...what?
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #136 on: 2006 November 06, 15:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she did, she probably posted it to feel good about herself. Raising the subject is only going to make people want to know more about these sharing files. It just backfires.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #137 on: 2006 November 06, 15:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Quote from: "ElmoLovesCyclops"

Now...back to the matter at hand. RetailSims went overboard with announcing to the whole sims world that she was depressed and so on. However what she is doing with her site is perfectly reasonable. I've read somewhere that she's going to make the content, upload pics but not upload the files. Which honestly, if i was a paysite owner i'd do too.

That doesn't sound at all ridiculous to you?  Making content and sharing pics so people can then beg her for them, only for her to say, "Sorry, I found out a site is sharing my content so until they take it down, I'm holding my shit hostage."

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  If she wants to make content, fine.  If she wants to accept donations, also fine.  I'm sure she'll get some.  Good creators do (not that I even know if she's any good, I don't have any of her stuff in my game - well, I did download it all for future sharing if she stays gone) get donations.  But because someone is sharing one thing she has on her site, she's taking her toys and going home (sorry twojeffs, I love this saying too much).  What a baby, and it doesn't mean this site will stop sharing her stuff.  In fact, I daresay it means that Pescado will put up all her free stuff too under a special "Unavailable" section.

She's not benefitting anyone but Pescado.  One down, how many now to go?

I think her point in doing it is not because she is having this tiny bit of money taken away from her but that Pescado is now targeting all the people who are genuinely offering a small donation option for bandwidth. Pescado may say that he's doing her a favour but not every sims site wants to run under Pescado just so they can have free bandwidth.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #138 on: 2006 November 06, 16:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think she has a point. As far as I'm concerned, she runs a paysite. By closing the paysite, I've accomplished the stated objective of "Paysites Must Be Destroyed". She hasn't "made a point". I'm doing my victory dance! Clearly if there is a point to this, it's the wrong point from their perspective.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #139 on: 2006 November 06, 16:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With her, it is all about the principle. And principle's all well and good, if you're going to argue your side properly. She's earned this much attention/scorn from making a bit of a fuss, and she THINKS she's making like, waaaaves in the community, and onto a winner, when her actual arguments make no sense at all, they're just crazed ramblings. People are reacting to her anger, rather than to her point, I think is what I'm trying to say...>.>

Also, yey, victory dance!!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #140 on: 2006 November 06, 16:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can tell...
OH AND DON'T FUCKING EMAIL ME TO ASK FOR THE LINK TO THE SITE IN QUESTION.  WTF IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

...is not the sound of a successful point being made.

VICTOLY!!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #141 on: 2006 November 06, 16:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is all her content gone from her site?

I guess the bandwidth of people dashing to download all her crap got to be too much.
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #142 on: 2006 November 06, 16:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now...back to the matter at hand. RetailSims went overboard with announcing to the whole sims world that she was depressed and so on. However what she is doing with her site is perfectly reasonable. I've read somewhere that she's going to make the content, upload pics but not upload the files. Which honestly, if i was a paysite owner i'd do too.

That doesn't sound at all ridiculous to you?  Making content and sharing pics so people can then beg her for them, only for her to say, "Sorry, I found out a site is sharing my content so until they take it down, I'm holding my shit hostage."

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  If she wants to make content, fine.  If she wants to accept donations, also fine.  I'm sure she'll get some.  Good creators do (not that I even know if she's any good, I don't have any of her stuff in my game - well, I did download it all for future sharing if she stays gone) get donations.  But because someone is sharing one thing she has on her site, she's taking her toys and going home (sorry twojeffs, I love this saying too much).  What a baby, and it doesn't mean this site will stop sharing her stuff.  In fact, I daresay it means that Pescado will put up all her free stuff too under a special "Unavailable" section.

She's not benefitting anyone but Pescado.  One down, how many now to go?

I think her point in doing it is not because she is having this tiny bit of money taken away from her but that Pescado is now targeting all the people who are genuinely offering a small donation option for bandwidth. Pescado may say that he's doing her a favour but not every sims site wants to run under Pescado just so they can have free bandwidth.

You are part of the reason the world is so polluted with morons. Please dont reproduce. You come get all the files and I also noticed that you joined SFV and then do everything you can to slam the people that are handing you the files. It is irritating to say the least. I would not try that shit at SFV, you wont last if you do.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #143 on: 2006 November 06, 16:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she was only doing it for the bandwidth *cough*bullshit*cough*, then she wouldn't also be running google ads.  

And Pescado, her stuff is gone.  Killmark thingie.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #144 on: 2006 November 06, 16:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is all her content gone from her site?

I guess the bandwidth of people dashing to download all her crap got to be too much.

Yeps, allllll gone, no links to it or anything.

BTW,  all of my content has been removed from MTS2 as 11/5/06.

All content has been removed from this site as of 11/6/06.  

PayPal button's still up though...*smirk*

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #145 on: 2006 November 06, 16:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BOOYEAH! I'm doing my victory dance!

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #146 on: 2006 November 06, 16:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #147 on: 2006 November 06, 16:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Killmark up on the front page.

BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #148 on: 2006 November 06, 16:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so tiny, I barely saw it.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims