PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 19:13:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101735 times)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #105 on: 2006 November 06, 03:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, a good friend of mine is on a semi-professional HalfLife 2 mods team, I don't play HalfLife myself, but the stuff they make is bloody incredible, right up to the standards of official maps...they make no money from it at all, unless someone chooses to commission them, and then, well, there's a reason it's a team, there's like, 15 of them, all of them working hard on their respective bits for months on end, to create this realy good end-result...they get paid, once, to split among all of them, but they do it because they love doing it, and for enough experience to get together a portfolio to actually GET a job with a games company, not just bashing something out in Photoshop (I have no skill, I appreciate creating content isn't actually as simple as that, but you get what I'm saying...) and expecting a whole community to pay over and over...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #106 on: 2006 November 06, 04:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New update:

THIS ISN'T ABOUT MY ONE MEASLY DONATION FILE.

IT IS ABOUT INTEGRITY - MY INTEGRITY AND THAT OF EVERY CONTENT CREATOR OUT THERE.

I WILL NOT BE FORCED TO SHARE MY CONTENT ACCORDING TO THE WHIMS OF A SECOND-RATER.  NOT NOW, NOT EVER.   MY CONTENT CAN ONLY BE DISTRIBUTED ACCORDING TO MY WILL AND MY WILL ALONE SO LONG AS MY METHOD(S) DOES NOT VIOLATE THE RULES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS, INC. OR MAXIS.  SINCE J.M. PESCADO REMOVED MY FREEDOM TO CHOOSE HOW I DISTRIBUTE MY WORK I HAVE CHOSEN TO NO LONGER DISTRIBUTE MY WORK.  IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

INTEGRITY:   Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.

What is a black hat?  It is a type of hacker that does not operate within the boundaries of the law.  A black hat is often a malicious hacker who seeks to tamper with and / or exploit a program, file, server or other media (hardware or software) for personal gain or just for the fuck of it.  White hats, by comparison, are "good guy" hackers (who work to improve security).  Grey Hats fall in between.

The leader of the group who is stealing files suggested to me that I did not know what a black hat was when I mentioned (repeatedly) that I would love to find one to fuck up the files he's serving with some very nasty viruses.  Unfortunately for him I know very well what black hats are.  My husband, depending on your perspective, is one. If my husband did not have a high security government job this would not be a discussion and the files on that site would have been infected with a series of viruses designed to destroy a computer - not merely correctable by a format and reinstall.  Once he went legit I had to remove myself from any and all contacts with 'undesirable' types and most foreigners.  J.M. Pescado and everyone who downloads those stolen files should consider themselves lucky that this didn't happen a few years earlier  Than again, you never know when an old friend may crawl out of the woodwork or when a bunch come to town for a Black Hat Convention (I can damn near throw a rock at that hotel from my balcony).  I can't stop J.M. Pescado or those like them but I can fuck with stolen goods all I want.  Consider yourself warned.

OH AND DON'T FUCKING EMAIL ME TO ASK FOR THE LINK TO THE SITE IN QUESTION.  WTF IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

BTW,  all of my content has been removed from MTS2 as 11/5/06.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #107 on: 2006 November 06, 04:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, some people actually asked her the link of the website. That's funny. XD
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #108 on: 2006 November 06, 05:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, she got all sorts of sweary.

Also, how lame, she's not allowed to talk to most foreigners. That's because most foreigners in the world are EVIL.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #109 on: 2006 November 06, 05:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

Also, how lame, she's not allowed to talk to most foreigners. That's because most foreigners in the world are EVIL.

Darn those evil foreigners! :O

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #110 on: 2006 November 06, 05:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*foreigns around menacingly*

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #111 on: 2006 November 06, 05:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no legal whiz or anything like that, but can't what she posted be considered a terroristic threat?  Whether or not she could actually do it is beside the point.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #112 on: 2006 November 06, 05:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may well be right...It is, at least, a threat of illegal action, involving someone in a government position...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #113 on: 2006 November 06, 05:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband has a government job as well, and the FBI will randomly monitor your activity, be it online or IRL.  So I would be careful if I were her.  They're always watching...

I signed her guestbook!  Don't know how long it will stay up.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #114 on: 2006 November 06, 05:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
My husband has a government job as well, and the FBI will randomly monitor your activity, be it online or IRL.  So I would be careful if I were her.  Their always watching...

I signed her guestbook!  Don't know how long it will stay up.

HAH!

I love you.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #115 on: 2006 November 06, 05:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fourohfourerror, you do realize you linked to the forum? :lol:
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #116 on: 2006 November 06, 05:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOICE.  

Also, a bit from her message, at the very bottom, that I didn't notice before...

You know what the best part of this is, if there is one?  Knowing that I caused people to utter the question "who is John Galt?"   Oh does that make me giggle every time I think about it.  Who is John Galt indeed.

Oh, and just be glad this protest removal of work is confined, at the moment, to my Sims 2 fansite.  Just imagine if the captains of industry and the geniuses of this world decided to tell the "average" and "below average" people of the world to fuck off.  I'm counting the minutes until Atlas Shrugs.  

........God, Ayn Rand is dull.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #117 on: 2006 November 06, 05:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we say, delusions of grandeur?  :roll:
Cyberdodo
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #118 on: 2006 November 06, 05:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is all really quite amusing Smiley
*continues munching popcorn*

verytime a paysite is destroyed, God saves a kitten from the InTeenimater.  
Please, think of the kittens.  Pillage a paysite today!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #119 on: 2006 November 06, 06:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

She's lying. Also paranoid, greedy, and deeply stupid. This is not surprising from an Ayn Randite, though.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: