PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 20, 23:55:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5290 Members
Latest Member: troubleneko
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 95274 times)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #210 on: 2007 July 24, 19:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord I hope it wasn't me. I honestly don't think I EVER PMed anyone about that stuff, though, but it was long ago and who remembers for sure. On the off chance it was, sorry... :lol:
And yes, I made some friends there too. Unfortunately alot of them ended up being the type of people I no longer want to associate myself with.
Some of them are the same people i don't talk to anymore because i don't want them hurt, though, so i guess I really can't say that i have any i still talk to.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #211 on: 2007 July 24, 19:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like we have another Simbella refugee. Smiley

About the paysites closing to punish downloaders - Since they threw their hissy fit, my little Sims 2 site's traffic has literally doubled. Thank you, paysite owners! Please, stay closed!  Cool

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #212 on: 2007 July 24, 19:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a member at Simbella's for a while, but i never really got into it much because I knew the way it would all turn out, just like LS and it has.
The last time I was at Bella's it was because of a journal situation involving one of the sweetest people I've ever met. ReeAnn.
She had made a comment in her bella-journal that everyone else got mad at her at. I can't remember what it was anymore, but i know i got into with a few people at the old SFV about it. Perhaps SIH has old threads? It really doesn't matter at any rate.
What I saw were people like Amanda *Damage Inc* MaryAnn *Silverpenny* and lord i can't remember who else, any way they jumped all over and were really fucking rude and nasty about what she had posted. and it was her journal. she should have been able to say whatever she wanted. of course it was more than likely about some way simbella's was run or something similar, you understand.
But everyone jumped her case and treated her like shit for it. I've know Ree since LS, we were both mods and again at Perfect Gem. She is sweet and when she says something it's important.
I don't know. rambling again.

The thing is with me- mmekare79 or Ry is what I go by everywhere. it's my e-mail and it's been my handle on almost every forum i've belonged too. I'm not hiding at all right now and I know that there are few people who may be reading this that are disappointed in me for saying and doing the things i have said and done here. *booty*  :twisted:

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #213 on: 2007 July 24, 19:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ry"
<snip>of course it was more than likely about some way simbella's was run or something similar, you understand.

The thing is with me- mmekare79 or Ry is what I go by everywhere. it's my e-mail and it's been my handle on almost every forum i've belonged too. I'm not hiding at all right now and I know that there are few people who may be reading this that are disappointed in me for saying and doing the things i have said and done here. *booty*  :twisted:

Oh, I completely understand that. I've witnessed quite a bit over at Simbella's.

If those people are disappointed in you for standing up for what you believe in then they're not worth a second (let alone a first) thought.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #214 on: 2007 July 24, 20:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, thank you.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #215 on: 2007 July 24, 20:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don’t think it was you, ry.  Cheesy  This one was always patrolling the WCIF’s, if I remember correctly, so I’m sure I’m not the only one who got one of those PM’s. Peggy or Pammy or something like that.

And you just had me remember what must have been one of the oldest paysite scams. There was a creator (whose name I don’t remember either) who used to showcase her stuff at Liquid Stars. She was very good and everybody adored her. She didn’t have a site of her own and would send the files to you by email. So no bandwidth, but the files were almost all pay.

At one point there was a pay/no pay discussion going on and the general consensus was that it was okay to charge for bandwidth. Then somebody, Aleesha I think, innocently asked then what about this creator? She uses Yahoo mail to send out her files, so she can’t have an awful lot of bandwidth. Is it okay for her to charge?

I’ll leave you to imagine the rest of the drama.  :twisted:

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #216 on: 2007 July 24, 20:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was Micha.

Tony40 or something like that.

But for some reason I'm thinking she didn't actually do the creating on those objects, Euro did. I think she paid him or something and then charged, saying she was using the money to pay him but it wasn't adding up.
Hell I don't remember, but I was in on that, defending micha tooth and nail for a while...what a moron i was.  :lol:
But Aleesha or whomever, I remember talking to her a few times after that and she was really sweet.

Editted to add-
I could be wrong about Euro making those objects, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong..lol. But for some reason i remember it that way.

And as for mods....there was Kimmie, Silverpenny and those are the only two i can remember with names like that... :lol:

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #217 on: 2007 July 24, 20:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see your point Ry, even though you blamed me for losing it.  Here have some more rum.

When I first started visiting websites, I had no idea that it wasn't normal to pay for things.  I thought that because some of these sites were linked by EA on their site, that it was just the way things were.  I remember asking what a mesh was at TSR and got some of the most rude and ridiculous comments.  Then I went over to MTS2 and Numenor walked me through via e-mail how to download and find the meshes etc.  So nice, so talented, so humble.  When I was having issues with my download folder Beos (Yakov) at Insim was patient and explained a lot of things and never once was disrepectful or demeaning.

Don't you find it interesting that I am good enough to take money from, but not worthy enough to be given just a little help.  I find it even more interesting that free sites mods and creators were more than willing to give a newbie a break and do it with a lot of class and never asked for a penny.

In my experience thus far, it is the free sites that love what they do, love the community, participate in the community - completely,  while to a paysite - I am just another credit card number.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #218 on: 2007 July 24, 21:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted as uselss rambling

I too am wondering if this free paysite content will turn into a stealing creators work and marking it as someone else's. We can't be responsible for the stealing of meshes and marking them differently but we can keep stating we don't agree with that practice and making those that do walk the plank.  Hang in there Peach the few recolors I do of clothing and objects tends to stay in my game and not be shared.  Course I have actually never had anyone ask me for them either... I have been asked for a certain sim of mine repeatedly over 3 forums now and I am still not sharing said sim.  What creators wish to do with their content is their own mission as long as it's free if they choose to share it.  

Kalliope/Magenta if you want to hide then do so, it's nothing new on this forum I am sure we have many creators that hide.  I don't create so I don't hide.  Nouk creates but she doesn't hide.  Personal preference do as you wish but don't keep baiting us with guessing games.  It shows you are a child and it's just rude and mean to bait people with information you have no wish to ever divulge.  You say we are going about this whole free paysites thing wrong and I would love to see what you would like to do.  PMBD writes letters, provide paysites with responses that what they are doing is wrong and often try to find them cheaper hosting so they might go free.  I think we even had someone offer to host a few sites too.  There is also the charity Money Better Spent that was created by the lovely ladies Gwen, Heb and a few others.  (makes mental note to contribute).  PMBD does host pay files but all of those are paid for and credited properly. SO pray tell dear what would you do different?

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #219 on: 2007 July 24, 21:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see your point Ry, even though you blamed me for losing it. Here have some more rum.

:lol:
Just a bit of fun, hun.

*stumbles away with rum in a paper sack...i am henry the eigth i am....*

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #220 on: 2007 July 24, 21:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

In my experience thus far, it is the free sites that love what they do, love the community, participate in the community - completely,  while to a paysite - I am just another credit card number.

I think that’s exactly the point. Sadly  Sad

Ry, I really didn’t want to make you feel bad. Maybe you were misguided at the time. But the important thing is that now you’ve seen the light. Here, some rum from me to you.  Cheesy

Yes, that's right. It was Micha, and I remember someone else creating the stuff for her too.

ETA:
I think her name was Patty.

Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #221 on: 2007 July 24, 21:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God, there were so many mods at that place...lol.
Thanks for the rum, I'll have to learn a new song to add to my repertoi---however that's spelled---just for you now.  :lol:

I can't remember a Patty, wish I could remember everything. It's the fault of that rum again. :shock:

If you remember someone else creating for her too, then I'm almost positive it WAS Euro. Was he from SimFreaks? I can't remeber that either... :oops:  :lol:

And you didn't make me feel too bad. I need to be put in my place sometimes anyways, it does a body good.  Tongue

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #222 on: 2007 July 24, 23:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Eero?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #223 on: 2007 July 25, 00:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where's a gong when you need one.
Atleast I was close, they would sound the same out loud, right?  Cheesy

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #224 on: 2007 July 25, 00:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely after a bottle of rum. Let's have some more ...  :lol:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: