PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 05:57:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  You know the funny thing...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You know the funny thing...  (Read 54313 times)
dbmagick
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: You know the funny thing...
« Reply #105 on: 2006 November 13, 21:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "avic"
In looking at some of the posts on here listing this reason and that reason... it's funny how you can lie to yourself, eh?  The bottom line is, the people downloading these files are stealing.  And if they're okay with that, fine.  But please, don't hide behind "Paysites are crap" and whatever other dozen excuses you can come with - you're still stealing.  If you don't agree with paysites, fine - don't subscribe to them.  That's the honest thing to do.  Anything else is just making excuses for thievery.

When people like you (the paysite groupies) post here I always wonder what your real purpose is  :roll: Do you Honestly think any one here cares about your opinion (other than the fun gained from poking fun at it)? Or, do you and your cronies post so you can tell fellow anal asses that "You TooK A Stand" against the evil pirates thereby gaining brownie points? Or are you simply a dumb kid who's parents need to supervise better?   :twisted:

Pirates rock and paysites suck
Benjamina
Landlubber

View Profile
You know the funny thing...
« Reply #106 on: 2006 November 13, 21:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I won't download from home, either.  As for stealing from my boss, I'm blessed enough that I don't have to engage in "busy work".  Once my work is done, I can goof off, but I still have to be here until 4:30.  So.

Well glad we cleared the downloading issue then, you should have said so from the beginning.

You are stealing, both money and time, doesn't matter what label you try to sugarcoat it with.  You certainly aren't working, you've admitted that.  You're sitting there on your ass not trying to do a damn thing to better the company that you're working for.  

You are taking advantage of the situation and coming here instead and telling all of us how we are "stealing".

Ironic, isn't it?

You don't see "goofing off" as "stealing" anymore than any of us see sharing files as "stealing".   Whereas you see "goofing off" as something your boss probably told you it was okay to do, we see file-sharing as something Maxis/EA told us it was okay to do.  

It's all in how you perceive the situation...

ll right. No more Ms. Nice Guy.
photo
ARR!

Ish a vampeah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2006 November 13, 21:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dbmagick"
In looking at some of the posts on here listing this reason and that reason... it's funny how you can lie to yourself, eh?  The bottom line is, the people downloading these files are stealing.  And if they're okay with that, fine.  But please, don't hide behind "Paysites are crap" and whatever other dozen excuses you can come with - you're still stealing.  If you don't agree with paysites, fine - don't subscribe to them.  That's the honest thing to do.  Anything else is just making excuses for thievery.

When people like you (the paysite groupies) post here I always wonder what your real purpose is  :roll: Do you Honestly think any one here cares about your opinion (other than the fun gained from poking fun at it)? Or, do you and your cronies post so you can tell fellow anal asses that "You TooK A Stand" against the evil pirates thereby gaining brownie points? Or are you simply a dumb kid who's parents need to supervise better?   :twisted:

you seem to have missed the entire conversation.... maybe a read through the posts would help you there?

Is a female
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2006 November 13, 21:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she is entitled to her opinion of it none the less, and rather brave I might add.  I don't see to many people posting at all the other anti-shairng sites in the community to take a stand for sharing.  

If you actually take the time to answer her questions instead of insult her maybe you could help to change them.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 November 13, 21:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lurk moar?

(in response to dbmagick, damn you Sherry, you keep leaping in and posting and making it look like my flippant remarks are directed at you!! Cheesy)

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2006 November 13, 21:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Lurk moar?

(in response to dbmagick, damn you Sherry, you keep leaping in and posting and making it look like my flippant remarks are directed at you!! Cheesy)

LOL I love your flippant remarks anyhow!

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 November 13, 21:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fishy you say? WhaddImiss?!?!!?

Oh, nothing new... TSR hiring some new artists. :roll: I was kind of surprised when both sites decided to close for space/bandwith issues and moved to TSR as FA around the same time. I didn't know about some FA getting paid until I read Motoki's gossip. :lol: So really... the usual. XD
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 November 13, 21:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see, I wouldn't precisely call myself a "paysite groupy".  I fully agree that there are some sucky paysites out there.  I don't give them my money and I don't expect anyone else to, either.   Last I checked, I have no "cronies", I'm not real sure where you got that from.  I don't really know the people in Sim Content Creator circles, so no brownie points to be gained.  Yes, I do disagree with pirating, I was with a guy in the industry for five years, so yes, I can say that it hurts the gaming industry, and yes, I am forthright enough to give my opinion when the subject comes up.  As for whether or not people care about my opinion, I'd like to think they do.  I care about other people's opinions, and that is, after all, how one grows - by listening to the opinion of others.  Lastly, am I dumb kid?  I'm probably older than you, and I'll refrain from a catty comment about the wonderful, deep thoughts expressed in your own post, which I won't even call a rebuttal.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 November 13, 22:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FA's get payd VERY VERY well, trust me ...

Inactive
avic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 November 13, 22:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Benjamina"

Well glad we cleared the downloading issue then, you should have said so from the beginning.

You are stealing, both money and time, doesn't matter what label you try to sugarcoat it with.  You certainly aren't working, you've admitted that.  You're sitting there on your ass not trying to do a damn thing to better the company that you're working for.  

You are taking advantage of the situation and coming here instead and telling all of us how we are "stealing".

Ironic, isn't it?

You don't see "goofing off" as "stealing" anymore than any of us see sharing files as "stealing".   Whereas you see "goofing off" as something your boss probably told you it was okay to do, we see file-sharing as something Maxis/EA told us it was okay to do.  

It's all in how you perceive the situation...

I'll use the same argument that's been thrown out a couple of times, here - that is that you don't know me.  Nor do you know what I do, or what the company I work for does.  Suffice it to say, when work needs to be done, I do it.  I am here, regardless, to provide support for people in the field if they need it and to answer the phone when people call in.  We don't work with the public, and considering the time of year (a week before thanksgiving) we aren't doing a lot of business this week or next, so yeah, there's some downtime.  Believe it or not *shrug*, but I've been working here for four years and that doesn't usually happen at a micro-sized company if you aren't pulling your weight.
Thunderwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 November 13, 22:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it was Maxis( and not EA)
Now EA ate Maxis (wholly), so we'll see what's next.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 November 13, 22:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There can't be debate if arguments get personal.

Quote from: "Nouk"
FA's get payd VERY VERY well, trust me ...

THAT well? ... I want numbers! XD
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 November 13, 22:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Thunderwolf"

What was Maxis? Speaking of, Maxis is back! Smiley http://www.maxis.com/

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Thunderwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 November 13, 22:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Thunderwolf"

What was Maxis? Speaking of, Maxis is back! Smiley http://www.maxis.com/

The one who closed the eyes because of the paysites.
But look all the statements on Sims2.com and the new (Pets) Bodyshop.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 November 13, 22:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. Smiley

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print