PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 17:10:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  helaenes website may be closing but read this
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: helaenes website may be closing but read this  (Read 23195 times)
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
helaenes website may be closing but read this
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 18, 18:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The third part is already started, it's just not publicized yet.

And I didn't say you sent it, Inge, I never mentioned you at all.  Just because you own the site doesn't mean you are involved with day-to-day (I actually have no idea if you are).

Plus, I can say whatever I like, I am a proponent of free speech.  I didn't take a stab at anyone personally, I only mentioned the concept as it's been executed.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 18, 19:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Inge, what if her stuff was pay at TSR but free at MTS2? Would that be OK? I'm just being curious.

Once you put your stuff up at TSR, you aren't allowed to post those items anywhere else without "special permission". I imagine they aren't giving that permission anymore.

Though you know...I wonder what would happen if the person refused to follow that, and was popular. Besides TSR not paying them, of course.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 18, 19:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
Quote from: "alia"
Inge, what if her stuff was pay at TSR but free at MTS2? Would that be OK? I'm just being curious.

Once you put your stuff up at TSR, you aren't allowed to post those items anywhere else without "special permission". I imagine they aren't giving that permission anymore.

Though you know...I wonder what would happen if the person refused to follow that, and was popular. Besides TSR not paying them, of course.

That isn't true, you can put your stuff everywhere you wish. It isnt stated in their policy Smiley
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 18, 20:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah--Seomi has random pay hairs over there. I don't know if it's her intention, but they're certainly pay whenever I go over there. It makes me laugh, because they're on MTS2 AND her site for free...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 18, 20:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Caedre"
That isn't true, you can put your stuff everywhere you wish. It isnt stated in their policy Smiley

I was talking about FAs. Once they start getting paid, the content belongs to TSR.

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Yeah--Seomi has random pay hairs over there. I don't know if it's her intention, but they're certainly pay whenever I go over there. It makes me laugh, because they're on MTS2 AND her site for free...

She's an SA. They offered to make her an FA and she refused because she doesn't update often enough.
I believe she's disappeared again, so it's not intentional- it's the system.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 18, 20:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"
Quote from: "Caedre"

I was talking about FAs. Once they start getting paid, the content belongs to TSR.

I was thinking that's kind of funny that they make the content, get all pissed when we distribute it, go become an FA at TSR, and STILL don't get to keep their own creations.  I mean it would have just been better to stay free and let any body recolor your work (with credit) and get it out to the whole community. Now only a few can have it and it stays in their circle. Nobody else really sees it because they can't be *ssed to go look on a website that has goodies that they can't have.

And....I'm Done =]

Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 18, 20:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered if you could refuse to become a Featured Artist at TSR. I bet they would love to snatch up Helaene as an FA. I don't think she would accept though, I think she likes having all her stuff available to everyone. She seems very pro-free sites. Smiley

Sarah (^..^)
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 18, 20:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole TSR paradigm is screwy, free stuff part of paid subscription part? I think the site navigation has gotten weirder and weirder. I saw last night lots of free stuff compared to subscription. Getting headache just thinking about it again! :shock:  :?

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 18, 20:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
I was thinking that's kind of funny that they make the content, get all pissed when we distribute it, go become an FA at TSR, and STILL don't get to keep their own creations.

Yep. I think it's part of that whole short-sighted mindset. They see themselves getting paid for their work and that's the validation they've been wanting all along- "My work is so good, people will pay to get it."

They've blinded themselves to how this is so much worse for their "rights" than before. No matter how much they're ripped off, they know that TSR paid them to hop over, and they'll always have a captive fanbase.
It's sad.

I mean it would have just been better to stay free and let any body recolor your work (with credit) and get it out to the whole community.

That was never their goal. They're dramaqueens- they wanted the adoration, not the respect.

Funny thing is, as FAs they can't prevent people from recoloring their objects. So they lose all around.

Now only a few can have it and it stays in their circle. Nobody else really sees it because they can't be *ssed to go look on a website that has goodies that they can't have.

The creators who are selling out don't realize how much TSR is hurting. PMBD isn't to blame for starting it, either- the overwhelming amount of crap on the site drove subscriptions down in the first place. That's why they decided to become a paysite, to force people to subscribe if they wanted the good stuff.

In summary, greed makes people do stupid, stupid things.

Quote from: "Chinchillagrl"
I wondered if you could refuse to become a Featured Artist at TSR.

You can- Seomi refused because she didn't update often enough.
But there's the possibility that they'll list you as "retired", and RAs are paid content too.
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 18, 20:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They certainly are money grubbing.  Sad  It's too bad some of those FA's don't tell them to shove it and move their things wherever they like. People just get so power hungry. It's really sad.

Sarah (^..^)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 18, 20:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chinchillagrl"
They certainly are money grubbing.  Sad  It's too bad some of those FA's don't tell them to shove it and move their things wherever they like. People just get so power hungry. It's really sad.

Nah I don't think its the power really. I think its just we have some incredibly stupid people in our community.

zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 18, 21:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FA, get paid? wow I didn't even know that :shock:  I must sound very new... :lol:
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 19, 00:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "zatanna"
FA, get paid? wow I didn't even know that :shock:  I must sound very new... :lol:

All of the greater offenders (or at least the loud and obnoxious ones) have threads devoted to them. Entertaining and educational reading. Wink
Pineapplebrain
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 January 19, 02:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helaene just posted an update on her website saying, "(EDIT: Someone expressed to me by email tonight that they were worried I was going to become a pay artist at TSR or someplace like that. I can assure you that is not true.
My work will always always always be free. <3 )"

Just thought I'd post an update.
Nids
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 January 19, 02:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's registering on SCF and she's on, maybe she'll post there..

EDIT: She said the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: