PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 11:52:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39325 times)
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 24, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kariminger - I think that'd be fine.  As long as the mesh can be obtained for free from the creator's site, TSR holding their files hostage for pay is between them and TSR.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 24, 04:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'd like to know is what happens if you link to - in your MTS2 signature - a site that posts free, fixed versions of shoddy, gap-filled pay hair meshes?  Since you're not allowed to sell CC anyway, does it make it okay to link to a site that offers the above?

Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 24, 08:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new rules, yes I love them. No more free advertising for Elmazzzzzzzzz and friends  Cheesy
Huzzah!
I won't complain about 503 errors for some time then  :roll:

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 24, 13:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably start making and uploading more stuff again - it was disheartening for my stuff to get lose in all the pay recolours and objects with pay content making it look all spiffy [ And yet, wouldn't even run after I removed all the statues because I don't buy pay crap.

And Nouks hair is about all I use custom - just wish she did more hair down too [ because I feel silly with my sims always wearing ponytails, even to shower and sleep ]

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 24, 18:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*bowls over the soggy one with huge hug then presents chocochip cookies and rum* Where have you BEEN!? I have really missed you...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 24, 19:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will re-post what I said over MTS2 for visibility purposes. I am a  bit confused  about some critters and definitions (specially of the new pay temporary archive) and I got a little worried...
so yeah, here it goes:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer.
The recolors/sims etc with pay content uploaded prior to these rules, they will be moved to an archive, right? But after moving them all to this archive, what will happen to these downloads? Will they be deleted forever? Will they be offered to be re-uploaded on another site? Will they be stored on MTS2's servers?

I agree plenty with the new rules, and always thought it was a contradiction that MTS2 would not support paysites (and vice versa, right, TSR?) but would provide free ad space. Sure, it was a "crack in the system" rather than a billboard, but still...

However, deleting forever content that (1)was made before the whole paysite vs freesite debate even came up and (2) doesn't exist anywhere else anymore is a bit harsh, too... maybe the creators of such content should be PM'ed? Maybe send these creations to the Exchange (so that EA will pay for paysites's advertisement rather than us)?

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 24, 19:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a creator, you not only have 'creator rights', you have 'creator responsibilities'. So many people howl for their rights, but forget that it is up to you to maintain your own downloads. If you wish for your downloads to be usable, it is pretty much expected that you maintain support for them and find proper homes for them. It isn't enough to slap it on MTS2 and walk away. If you have creations that use pay meshes then this is the time for you to go through your own downloads and move them to another host.  It isn't Delphy's responsibility to do all that for you. He just makes the rules and gives you enough warning to do something about it.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 24, 20:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Teko/Murano said, he deleted all of his downloads from MTS2 as he can't accept this policy. He calls it nutty and absolutely goony. A harrasment for creators

He also said he'd upload them all to TSR, the "biggest and most known site in the community"

I say, he would have done it anyway. TSR pays him, MTS does not

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 24, 21:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't make everyone happy, especially not the ones who expect much much more than a thank you from people.

Inactive
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 25, 00:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
If you have creations that use pay meshes then this is the time for you to go through your own downloads and move them to another host.  It isn't Delphy's responsibility to do all that for you. He just makes the rules and gives you enough warning to do something about it.

Agreed heartily . But what about "retired creators" or creators that, for many reasons RL obliges us to face, didn't have much time to set up a storage account, unlike the much awesome Sussi?

For active creators, it isn't hard to come up with a solution, but what about the ones who have vanished from the community altogether?

edit: I bet Teko was just waiting for the smalled opportunity (read: excuse) to join TSR  :roll:

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 25, 14:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Delphy deals the smackdown:

lpotter, may I ask why you say "all free" and then say your lots will still be donation only in the same sentence? Are you suggesting that you are somehow entitled to get money becuase of the time you put into making content? May I kindly suggest you put all items for free either on your own site or on a larger site becuase otherwise it's a smack in the face to people who spend days on a lot and give it for free when you think you are some better than them and can charge.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=240944&c=0&ht=0&page=9&pp=25#startcomments

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #56 on: 2007 July 25, 15:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Step in the right direction, but still, where I am going to get retextures of godawful peggy haircolors now?!?!
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #57 on: 2007 July 25, 15:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still wondering if it would be okay to link to my site.

Or if stuff on my site is allowed in people's pictures and whatnot since it will be free, and not just paysite creations stuck on there.  I put work into fixing hairmeshes to make them look good and not cut off our sims' heads, and offer them free.  What does that classify my site as?  A free site, or a "content-that-was-pay-that-somebody-happens-to-host-for-free"?  It's not like I'm sticking a paysite's exact content on my site for free, but I'm making a fair bit of mesh modifications, retextures, and recolours.  I also plan to eventually have my own creations on my site which are not based off of paysites' materials.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #58 on: 2007 July 25, 15:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idtaminger - lovely to see you again!   Cheesy  But I wonder why you're not psychic and can't see that RenegadeSims was going to post after you  :roll:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #59 on: 2007 July 25, 15:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The retextures are what I'm going to miss too. At least there's still SFV, and they have good ones. I still agree that this is the best step and will stop some subscribers, the type who see Peggy hair on pretty sim and pay Peggy for the hair.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: