PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 14:22:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims  (Read 128079 times)
Hekima
ARR!

View Profile
Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #120 on: 2007 June 02, 02:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK...I feel stupid asking about this but even stupider about posting on TSR to ask this so...I just wanna know where the instruments in the background are from even if they're just decorative. Yeah, I know I could take this elsewhere, but why start a new thread? Tongue

emember: The phrase "free gift" is redundant.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2007 June 02, 02:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanna know too, Hekima. They're quite cool looking.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 June 02, 03:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing she got them from TSR because I don't think I've seen anything like that on MTS2.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 June 02, 04:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mandolin can be found at mangosims under Meubles > Sets > Salon > Maxima.
The African drum and guitar are by padre333 from TSR but can be found here. It is in the African safari set.

ETA: The violin he is photoshopped holding is by drpixel and is free over at tsr here.

Hekima
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 June 02, 20:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I found the drums but not the lute. Thank you.

Yeah, I think that's a lute. But  djembes and mandolins are among my favorite things. I wish I was kidding. (I'm the idiot with the djembe)

Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2007 June 02, 20:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.

But I won't turn down blood donations as a thank you. Wink

Hekima
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 June 04, 01:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lutealicious! Wink

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 June 04, 01:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hekima"
Yay! I found the drums but not the lute. Thank you.

Yeah, I think that's a lute. But  djembes and mandolins are among my favorite things. I wish I was kidding. (I'm the idiot with the djembe)

Is that you singing in Hymn of Xenu?

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Hekima
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 June 04, 01:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's Dave. I don't do much singing. All though I 'spose I could have done that one since it was supposed to sound terrible. Wink I mainly write stuff or throw words in order as the case might be...

Kiriu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 July 28, 23:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I too would like to have A_G's Sims.  

Edit:  Solved SFV trouble, downloaded Tristan.  Heard rumors of Jacob and Andy...?  Who would I have to bribe to have them?

Also Edit:  On the recolors of Tristan's hair, cheapfilehost keeps asking me to log in.  ...How do I even register there? =/
Simo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 July 29, 16:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get Jacob from here : http://www.simsfilevault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2463

And Emily from here:
http://www.usaupload.net/d/zlng9f7xhum

And Tristan's hair from here:
http://www.simsfilevault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2690&hilit=tristan+hair

No matter how much I searched, cried & hit my head on the screen  :lol:I couldn't find Andy, James, Chris or anyone else from DP  :cry:
If you can let me know Wink
Kiriu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 July 29, 17:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  Jacob will have to have some editing, but Tristan's hair is ALL MINE now!  Cheesy

You know, Aikea is weird about who she lets borrow her Sims.  Not the masses, mind you, but close, personal friends, I guess, have been "lent" some of her Sims.  Case in point, someone on the Simchantment Livejournal Community had Markus for a photoshoot.  Not that I really care for Markus, in any way, but doesn't that go against her own policy?

inyri_jax:
thank you to aikea_guinea for sending Markus for a visit.

But that's not all.  Apparently she has Serge, Tristan, Jacob, and what I'm assuming is James.

http://community.livejournal.com/simchantment/8402.html

But the image won't show up here...?
Simo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 July 29, 19:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are welcome! Smiley
Since Jacob is not a real Jacob, he needs some editing Smiley Especially eyes  ..
Aikea is not only weird about who she lets borrow her sims, she is weird about all "I can't share my sims with you , since they are people in my head bla bla" thing, she acts like a 4 year old who doesn't like to share her toys with anyone else. And how old is she 32 or something? I know she shared some of her sims with her close friends like Gelydh.. Maybe we should try to make best buddies with her and she will give us her sims too  :lol: I tried to make Chris everything went well but I failed miserably in eye part :roll:  And in the link you sent I couldn't see Tristan, Jacob nor James, It looks like inyri_jax has only has Markus and Serge..
Kiriu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 July 29, 19:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://pics.livejournal.com/inyri_jax/pic/002hz4gt

xD I've thought of getting all buddy-buddy with her friends, but I think they would get suspicious if I asked them for her Sims.  

The last picture of the "photoshoot" was the one with Markus, Tristan, James(?), Serge, and Jacob.  The link to that is above.

I really do wish she wasn't so secretive about her Sims though, like you said.  "THEY'RE MINE, you can't have them!"  I'm not sure exactly how old she is, but I know she's not a teenager, and has gone through college.  Other than that, I have no idea.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 July 30, 01:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally I lurk for more than a couple of days before posting, and I generally make sure that I have a few posts under my belt before saying something like this, but... I stumbled across PMBD a few days ago, and while I totally agree with the mission statement, and with nearly all of what I've read here in the forum, this particular thread makes my stomach churn.

It started out fairly innocently, I suppose, but it seems to have evolved into something that I'm apparently not able to quietly accept. Let me start off by saying that I read Deception Pass, and I completely understand the desire to get your hands on Aikea Guinea's sims. I'd personally love to have a little James clone running around my neighbourhoods, but it would never, ever cross my mind to demand that she make him available to download. Ask her, sure; only it seems she's already been asked and has answered 'no', so what would be the point?

Admittedly, I'm new here, but it seems that this issue is far removed from what we're supposed to be trying to do. It's one thing to ensure that available content is available for everyone; it's quite another to get up in arms because content you want isn't available at all. That's like getting upset because your neighbour down the street, whom you barely know, won't let you borrow their swanky new graphics card for a few hours, or let you read their copy of a book you want to read. They're under no obligation to share those things with anyone, and neither is Aikea. Unfortunately for her, she has allowed a few friends (or former friends) to use a few of these sims with the result that some of them have been released to the masses. Since EA has made it pretty clear that only they own any Sims-related custom content, all she can do is ask us not to use them and hope that we'll comply; it's one of the drawbacks of sharing digital information.

I personally think the fact that those files are being linked to here is bad enough - it has nothing to do with PMBD's mandate as I understand it, and things like that can be a real blemish on a community, especially one that's a little bit controversial to begin with. However, I freely admit that the reputation of this site is none of my concern. What really sticks in my craw is the hypocrisy of the last couple of posts. Making suggestions (even tongue-in-cheek ones) about trying to get buddy-buddy with Aikea or her friends in an effort to weasel something out of her, and then going on to make comments about how immature you feel she's acting - I'm sorry, but how old are you? Because that's the sort of behaviour I expect to see in, well, twelve-year-olds.

----

I apologize if this post has broken any forum rules that I'm not aware of (I looked, but couldn't find any), and I'm kind of sorry that my first impression here is that of a loudmouth bitch, but I'm not going to apologize for speaking my mind.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: