PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 21:33:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I have a treasure
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a treasure  (Read 58461 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #210 on: 2007 May 06, 13:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "polly_wanna_cracker"
Lots of people tend to use the same or a similar root of their username from site to site, and that website links to several of the paysites listed in the booty.

That may be true of more unusual usernames, but "rat" is probably far too common of an affix.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #211 on: 2007 May 06, 13:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But feel free to continue attacking me for trying to help.  :oops:

I was with you until that one.

Nobody is attacking you. Snap out of it. They are merely stating that you were wrong. You should be able to handle being told that you are wrong - especially when it's the case. If you say "2 + 2 = 56" do you then expect people to say "atta girl, you're so clever" ?

You hadn't quite lost me yet, though.

I can always go back to friendlier waters.

Do not threaten to leave if you want respect. Never threaten to leave. It is ok to say if you are leaving, but if you threaten it just becomes another whine. I can only speak for myself when I say that I don't really care if you stay or go. If you say you're going then I'll give you a nice wave, but if you threaten to go just to get us to say "Oh no! PLEASE don't go! We wuv you and want you to stay with us forever and ever" ... Not gonna happen. What you will get is a "Then go? *shrug*"

If you want sheeplike responses that validate your worth as a person in response to dull little antrics I will suggest the BBS or possibly Simbella. Just make sure to get your post count up at Simbella first.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #212 on: 2007 May 06, 18:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of people tend to use the same or a similar root of their username from site to site, and that website links to several of the paysites listed in the booty. Thus, it seemed like a reasonable theory. It wasn't a statement of fact.

Actually, your theory was reasonable based on the reasons you gave.  I had no problem with it - we're all free to speculate. :wink:

But feel free to continue attacking me for trying to help.  :oops: I can always go back to friendlier waters.

Nobody attacked you and there's no need to make this announcement about going. :roll:  It's your choice if you'd like to stay or not - not all forums are our cup of tea, but on the flip side, we don't always fit in at some forums either.  You won't know until you try though, right?

In relation to this, here's a post from a much older thread about PMBD :lol: :

Camilla:  As a newbie, I have to tell you, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling here. I would like to take part in this forum, since I enjoy snagging the payfiles, but it seems that anyone who isn't one of the 'in' folks get cut off at the knees when they post. Just my feeling, for what it's worth.

Pirate Booty:  Remember that scene in Fight Club where the guys had to stand outside the house for days and be abused by the people inside it, and if they took the abuse and stayed they'd be let in? Well this is the outside of that house.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #213 on: 2007 May 06, 18:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
Camilla:  As a newbie, I have to tell you, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling here. I would like to take part in this forum, since I enjoy snagging the payfiles, but it seems that anyone who isn't one of the 'in' folks get cut off at the knees when they post. Just my feeling, for what it's worth.

Pirate Booty:  Remember that scene in Fight Club where the guys had to stand outside the house for days and be abused by the people inside it, and if they took the abuse and stayed they'd be let in? Well this is the outside of that house.

I love that quote! Although with me it was more like standing at the ocean, contemplating a dive for, oh, a month or two and then finally holding my breath and taking the plunge, expecting the water to be freezing... Just to realise that the water was really quite warm and pleasant to bathe in.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #214 on: 2007 May 06, 18:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shrug*

I don't recall being horribly abused, I don't think myself to be in the "in" crowd, and I've yet to be cut off at the knees when I post.  Or maybe I have and I simply didn't think much of it.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #215 on: 2007 May 06, 18:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never abused either, and everybody's been pretty cool with me (even when I say some dumb things when I'm really tired).

I figured the quote would be a good way to show newbies that this place isn't known for it's warm and fuzzies.  Tongue
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #216 on: 2007 May 06, 18:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never abused either, and everybody's been pretty cool with me (even when I say some dumb things when I'm really tired).

It's funny. I keep saying really lame things and I can think of at least a handful of posts that I'm really puzzled that nobody has come down on.

I must be part of the "in" crowd. Wink

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #217 on: 2007 May 06, 18:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess it's just a lack of entitlement.  :wink:  I don't expect people to lick my feet (ticklish anyway) or to get a happy, welcome-to-the-family-kiss-kiss-dahlink deal.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #218 on: 2007 May 06, 18:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
It's funny. I keep saying really lame things and I can think of at least a handful of posts that I'm really puzzled that nobody has come down on.

I like your posts, and they make me laugh. :lol:

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Guess it's just a lack of entitlement. :wink: I don't expect people to lick my feet (ticklish anyway) or to get a happy, welcome-to-the-family-kiss-kiss-dahlink deal.

Same here.  Plus, I don't expect to be trusted right away.  Like Nouk said in a post awhile back, anybody can just come on here and pretend to be something they're not.  Although coming on here to spy is stupid because we can see just about anything on the board without signing in.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #219 on: 2007 May 06, 19:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I've wanted to from time to time but I'd almost feel dirty about doing it.  You come from the land of cream cheese danish.  Plus I get the impression that you're way younger than me and it would be like kicking a toddler in the face.  Sure, the kid cries but there is also no challenge in it.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #220 on: 2007 May 06, 19:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have wanted to correct you as well, but it would be too much effort on my part and I am starting to not care anymore.  Its starting to feel like this place is being overrun by 12ness again.  I don't even bother reading about 80% of the posts anymore.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #221 on: 2007 May 06, 19:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unneeded as well, Doursim.  I've already got like five people on my arse all the time as it is. ;p

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #222 on: 2007 May 06, 20:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you know they're lame, then maybe you should stop!  Honestly. Tongue
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
I have a treasure
« Reply #223 on: 2007 May 06, 21:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww sheesh, I go away to actually play the game and then...  :roll:

Granuaile - Thanks, You're a funny gal to talk to too  Cheesy

missangelica & Doursim - I'm not surprised about your opinions at all as I have been disagreeing with both of you several times (even though I couldn't be bothered to write it down on every occasion). "You come from the land of cream cheese danish" is a very nice and not at all prejudistic way of explaining me. And the kicking the toddler in the head... Well, I'm not the only one making lame posts, apparently. :roll: As for the 12ness, I haven't seen anyone else complain recently, but maybe they have just been waiting for someone with your insight to point it out, Soursim. After all, we know how much you enjoy a good laugh... Oh wait, my mistake there.

Quinctia - It must be nice for you to always make posts that are beyond reproach. I do stand by whatever I say on different occasions, but sometimes I look it over a day later and I think "man, that looks lame, I should have said it differently" or "huh *sound of loud clatter* guess they didn't get that joke". Note, however, that I don't go back and edit because... Well, that's me. I'm not infallible.  :wink:

Now, has everyone got it out of their system or do we really need to be making our own drama? Are we that bored?

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I have a treasure
« Reply #224 on: 2007 May 06, 21:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a reply but it got long and boring.
There's excitement at TSR today. Let's bitch about them instead.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: