PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:28:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Offical Site Interviews Windkeeper
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Offical Site Interviews Windkeeper  (Read 10840 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Offical Site Interviews Windkeeper
« on: 2007 September 25, 06:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was just over at the official site and theres a interview up with Windkeeper (Link to interview on front page) by MaxoidMoonBelly.

http://thesims2.ea.com

Then to top it off they are advertising Glamour Sim's 7-Year Anniversary which is also listed on the front page of the official site. Glamour Sims is a pay site

Here's what posted on the offical site + the link to Glamour Sims

Monday , September 24, 2007
GlamourSim.com Celebrates 7-Year Anniversary
We would like to take a moment to say CONGRATULATIONS to GlamourSim.com as they celebrate their 7-year anniversary. Drop by and help them celebrate! WOW!

http://glamoursim.com/

So we have not 1 but 2 paysites being promoted on the front page of the official Sims 2 site this week. EA says paysites are bad so why do they promote them so blatantly on the front page? I wish EA would get off the fence & speak out on this whole matter.

I think I'm gonna be ill

If i have posted this in the wrong area please move it to the appropriate section.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 25, 06:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Windkeeper doesn't even create anymore?  She hasn't for a while, I thought.  I assumed she'd gotten hired by EA games or something and went to work for them.  Oh well, I'll read this thing.

And yeah, BOOOOOOO EA! for advertising paysites.  Isn't Glamour Sims the one that sucks? Or was that GlamSim?  I'm confused.

ETA: She mentions she never really messed around with Photoshop or any design-related stuff before Sims 2, but I distinctly remember someone mentioning here that Windkeeper used to have one of those 2D pixel doll sites, where she created and designed outfits and whatnot for the pixel dolls.  I also thought she made stuff for TS1, so I'd consider that as having some background in 3D modeling and design before TS2..

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 25, 06:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha.  The funny thing - they don't have their requisite disclaimer up in the links (about EA not being responsible for the content) - I suggest that those with problems complain to EA about their problems with TSR and Glamour Sims.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 25, 06:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG you're right.  Nice find, I didn't even click on those links.  Yeah, I'd definitely suggest sending complaints, since when you click that link it doesn't say they're not responsible for anything blah blah blah.

Also, note how Windkeeper greatly credits SimPE (FREE TOOL) without which you cannot create .package files, etc.  And how she says it all could not have been done without the help of the wonderful community and free tutorials out there etc, yet she works for TSR: PAID artist.  Why doesn't she give SimPE a large cut of what she gets, since what she makes for TS2 is useless without SimPE?

blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 25, 07:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ And wasn't she staunchly "paysites are the way of life!" before she vanished or whatever she did from TSR?

What a laugh.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 25, 07:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites may or may not be a way of life, but if they are, then so are pirates! ARR!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 25, 08:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought she bamfed a long time ago. Oh well, though she's a paysiter, I still love her stuff. She's one of the few people on paysites who's stuff doesn't suck.

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/interview_windkeeper.php

Here's the link in case it gets bumped off the Sims 2 Site front page a few weeks down the road.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 25, 14:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i added the quote about glamour sims to my OP just in case it falls off the front page at the official site. I Love how it says "Drop by & help them celebrate".

Help them celebrate what? Taking my hard earned $10.00 for a bunch of crappy recolors? :lol:

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pirate tARRt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 25, 14:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ew. I thought EA was anti-paysites, but I guess I was wrong.. That glamoursim site was HORRIBLE. Looked through it, I found 1 think that was okey, everything else was really horrible. *shudders*

Rawr!
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 25, 17:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this reflects some kind of power struggle going on within EA. It seems like many of the old maxoids are pro-paysite and seem to enjoy thumbing their noses at EA's (the new boss) "supposed" anti-paysite stance. The maxoids were instrumental in creating this mess, after all.

I also often wonder if they (the old maxoids) received kickbacks from certain sites. If after the purchase of Maxis, EA came in with an anti-paysites view and discovered this kind of corruption going on, I would imagine, they'd find themselves in a very awkward and compromised position.
catfish
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 25, 17:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
ETA: She mentions she never really messed around with Photoshop or any design-related stuff before Sims 2, but I distinctly remember someone mentioning here that Windkeeper used to have one of those 2D pixel doll sites, where she created and designed outfits and whatnot for the pixel dolls.

Yeah, and her geocities site is still up as well. She used to do dolls until she got her butt kicked by Rion Vernon for tracing his artwork to make bases. I think she got discouraged after that and stopped. So I'm pretty sure she was definitely using photoshop before the sims 2.
How has glamoursim *lasted* seven years? Are there people out there that really have no standards at all when it comes to their downloads?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 25, 18:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is MaxoidMoonBelly the same as HappyMoonBelly who used to be at Parsimonious? If so, that saddens me, I always liked her stuff and still have a great deal of it in my downloads folder. Guess I can just delete that out, then...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 25, 18:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read somewhere that, sadly, yes they are one and the same.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 25, 18:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ I remember they used HappyMoonBelly for the EA TS2 "How Do You Play?" ads.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 25, 19:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No say it isn't so! I loved her stuff. Parsimonious was the second or third good free site I found for The Sims 2, I still have a lot of her things in my game too.  Most of the clothes and furniture in my game came from her or Kate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: