PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:57:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I dont pay for a damn thing and I'll tell you why...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I dont pay for a damn thing and I'll tell you why...  (Read 12931 times)
tahkisis
Landlubber

View Profile
I dont pay for a damn thing and I'll tell you why...
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 22, 22:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 2 Holiday w/ Sims base = 39.99$
Sims 2 University = 29.99$
Sims 2 Nightlife = 29.99$
Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff = 19.99$
Sims 2 Open for Business = 29.99$
Sims 2 Glamour Stuff = 19.99$
Sims 2 Pets = 29.99$
Sims 2 Seasons = 29.99$

TSR Recurring sub = whatever a month since October of 2006. I actually had a Peggy Sims Sub for 1 month I dl'd stuff to see if it was good laughed, cackled maniacly and blew 10$ on craptacular shit. Yes I said it. It's shit.

I spent way too much money on this game.  :?

I will donate to sites like Nouk and Sims File Vault. Will I donate to TSR anymore? Yes so I can share the love. Peggy Sims? HELL NO!  :evil:
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 23, 00:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
I see your point, but after thinking about it even more than I've been doing since the whole paysite issue was brought to attention, I still don't really care what Delphy or other freesite owners do with the money they get from the donations.

The point of being against paysites, I think, is largely a moral one, but it is so because it derives from a legal observation: having people pay for something you're not allowed to sell in first place is not legal. Maxis is the one entitled to mind about it from a legal point of view, and they may decide not to mind at all, we on the other hand are the ones entitled to mind about it from a moral point of view, but our minding about it has a reason to be and is so strong because it directly comes from the fact the selling CC stuff is not legal.

Gah, am I even making sense?? while the toughts form in my head in Italian I assure you I am :lol:

What I mean is, I completely support and am interested in the issue of being against paysites only as long as it has a legally relevant reasoning behind it. Otherwise, I'm not interested in the sheer moral issue of what should or should not be done generally speaking by the freesite owners. As long as someone offers 100% free cc content on their site, leaving it up to people to decide whether or not to donate and knowning that donating won't gain them any "special gift", that's perfectly fine with me even if the owners in the end get so much money to sustain their site and live off it. Because while that might sound not moral, yet it doesn't infringe any law, and specifically any of the rules made by Maxis. I guess that's the only confining line I'm willing to consider :wink:

Ahhh the legal issue.  I tend to agree. Yes what these site owners are doing is illegal.  You make perfect sense to me, italian brain and all  Tongue
rome_raven
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 23, 00:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Base Game= $59.99 CAD
Uni = $39.99 (Don't ask me why it's more expensive than the other EXP packs but it was the same at every store I went to)
NL = $29.99
OFB = $29.99
FFS = $19.99
Glam = $19.99
Pets = $29.99 (I would prefer a refund because it sucks)
Holiday = $19.99 (I actually had to haggle to get this price because everyone seemed to think it was a full expansion pack)

My total spent on The Sims 2 : $ 287.41 (Give or take a few dollars due to the change in taxes where I live)

Should I really start to add the amount I wasted on subs?  No because even I don't remember anymore but I can tell you now that I've stopped, I can actually put the money that I was previously wasting, I can put that money towards bills.
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 23, 01:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rome_raven"
Base Game= $59.99 CAD
Uni = $39.99 (Don't ask me why it's more expensive than the other EXP packs but it was the same at every store I went to)
NL = $29.99
OFB = $29.99
FFS = $19.99
Glam = $19.99
Pets = $29.99 (I would prefer a refund because it sucks)
Holiday = $19.99 (I actually had to haggle to get this price because everyone seemed to think it was a full expansion pack)

My total spent on The Sims 2 : $ 287.41 (Give or take a few dollars due to the change in taxes where I live)

Should I really start to add the amount I wasted on subs?  No because even I don't remember anymore but I can tell you now that I've stopped, I can actually put the money that I was previously wasting, I can put that money towards bills.

See! It adds up so fast and becomes ridiculously expensive, without the subscriptions.  So why subscribe?  Thats my look at it anyway, and Im so glad to see others add up the costs of the game and eps and see how much we already spend on the game to begin with.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 23, 02:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Base Game= $59.99 CAD
Uni = $39.99
NL = $29.99
OFB = $29.99
Pets = $29.99
Holiday 2 = $6.99
Video card on first computer = $79.98
RAM Upgrade on first computer = $99.99
New computer to play it better = $600.00
RAM Upgrade on new computer $180.00
                                                  $1156.92

Plus about $600 in total on paysites (though only half of that money was my own spent)

Now, I do have all of the other stuff packs, but I didn't exactly pay for them (arr!) so I won't even mention them. Tongue
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 23, 02:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Base Game= $59.99 CAD
Uni = $39.99
NL = $29.99
OFB = $29.99
Pets = $29.99
Holiday 2 = $6.99
                                                  $1156.92

Plus about $600 in total on paysites (though only half of that money was my own spent)

Now, I do have all of the other stuff packs, but I didn't exactly pay for them (arr!) so I won't even mention them. Tongue

Well i'll be damned!! thats a lot of money!!  But.. alas.. I will be adding a new video card to my total cost soon as well LOL may not need more ram anytime soon.. This computer is officially one year old this month but I didnt include it in my cost because I got the sims AFTER I got the PC I didnt get the PC for the game.. but dammit that could happen too..

Shit's expensive!!!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 23, 10:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Base Game= $59.99 CAD
Uni = $39.99
NL = $29.99
OFB = $29.99
Pets = $29.99
Holiday 2 = $6.99
                                                  $1156.92

Yeah, I didn't count the $2500 I spent on a deluxe set up to play the game in the first place - brand new compy.  AND I don't even get the free gifts for preorder from EA (that's not saying I don't get them  :lol: ).

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 23, 10:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know - I never thought of adding hardware costs... I bought an extra gig of ram specifically to make the game run better (round figures £50) - and I'm planning on a new video card if Seasons causes my current card to go splodey.

I did get a faster processor too - (3ghz - used - with heatsink £65 - thanks to my brother) - I can't count the motherboard as I had to replace it a couple of months beforehand.

I tend to upgrade bits in my comp as and when I need to, but it all adds up...
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 23, 22:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Base game: $59.99
Uni: $39.99 - the dullest, yet the most expensive...
NL: $29.99
OFB: $29.99
Pets: $29.99

New computer that would actually be able to run the game: $1900
More memory, since it really couldn't run the game after all: $90

So far, we're at $2,179.95. I should probably be ashamed of myself.

I really don't know how much I spent on subscriptions, but I know Peggy got at least $40 out of me, about $15 to 4ESF, Reflex $10 (because I didn't learn my lesson with the first set of non-functional, game-crashing crap), Wallsims $30 or so, and TSR probably a year's worth of off-and-on subbing total, i.e., $53.70.  That's $148.70, and I know that's not anywhere close to the real amount.

Holysimoly got $10 and ATS $5, but I don't particularly mind having paid them.

I tried to offset this by running, um, "free" copies of NL, OFB and Pets, but the latest patch effed up emulation and I couldn't be arsed to work with hacks and cracks yet again, so I broke down and bought the damn things. However, one of my original problems still remains, i.e., I still can't play for any good length of time because my superduper 10-lb. 17" monitor "gamer" laptop has a shit video card with no driver updates available (and aftermarket drivers don't work).

Therefore, within the next few months, I am planning to spend at least another $1000 to build a new desktop system. It's not only for Sims--I'm hoping that a new system will stop all the Photoshop lagging, as well--but making the Sims playable is indeed one of my major goals.

Current total spending on pixel dolls: $2,343.65. :shock: Okay, I am ashamed of myself.

I only wish I'd known about the booty sooner...

Pyromaniac
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 23, 22:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot system upgrades. The Sims 2 + Expansions can be quite a load on your computer, and I had to buy more RAM just so my laptop won't slow to a halt.

I almost considered subscribing to peggy, but I stumbled across some anti-paysite threads where people claimed that peggy's hairs looked horrid ingame. I was having second thoughts when someone sent me a link to PMBD. P:
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 25, 03:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, lets all add our total costs together and see what we come up with eh?  Or not..

The shit adds up!  Its pathetic to ask someone to pay for a game item considering how much we've already spent on this game.

And yes.. I used to love the pictures of Peggys photoshopped hair.. until I downloaded them from here and saw the lazy ass, half ass job she did.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 25, 12:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2: £29.99
U: £21.99
NL: £19.99
OFB: £18.99
FFS: £9.99
GLS: £12.99
P (pre-ordered, no postage): £17.99
S (pre-ordered including postage to Jersey): £14.45 (£12.76 w/o postage-- :shock: it cost less than GLS!!!)

PC: £40 when it broke down just before Xmas, £60+ before when it wasn't working

Roughly...£246.38. Luckily, I didn't have to pay for the £60. £186.38.

Then I paid...um, £5 to DMASims, $2 USD every month since November to SimChic, 2 Peggy subs, and a SimsConnection 1-month sub.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I've spent, like £200 on TS2!! And my prices, being that I'm British, appear to be CHEAPER!!!!

But of course, it was my fault I got TS2 for so much money. I got it the day it came out round at the PC Hospital because I didn't wanna walk into town. They had it about £4 more expensive there!

What I find funny is how absolutely none of the EPs costed the same...they all should have cost between £17.99-£19.99, but of course they didn't...

I'd like FHS but you can't get it in Jersey. Sad Only the Christmas TS2...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Rovam
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 25, 12:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the UK, you can get expansion packs for £15 at www.gameplay.co.uk (and they send out pre-orders early so you get them the day before release). That saves you a bit. ^_^

Even considering that, I've spent... way too much on the Sims 2. I just bought a nrand new computer that only has TS2 installed game-wise at the moment, so I suppose that could be factored into the expense as well.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 25, 12:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I'm from Jersey (not actually in the UK :roll: ), so the postage to ship it over would cost an AWFUL lot! We don't have VAT so they add on costs like they're going out of fashion to get us to pay more.
I tried to buy P from Amazon, but preordering it ended up at like £24 when it said it would only be £16. I wasn't playing that game. I ended up getting it from Play.com, which is based in Jersey. PLAY sucks. Never get anything from there. *glares*
This one, S, I actually got from Amazon coz even though they said it would be £15, they lowered the price and it's over £4 cheaper than it would be to buy it flat out in Jersey, so I'm pleased...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 25, 13:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
Yeah, but I'm from Jersey (not actually in the UK :roll: ), so the postage to ship it over would cost an AWFUL lot! We don't have VAT so they add on costs like they're going out of fashion to get us to pay more.
I tried to buy P from Amazon, but preordering it ended up at like £24 when it said it would only be £16. I wasn't playing that game. I ended up getting it from Play.com, which is based in Jersey. PLAY sucks. Never get anything from there. *glares*

I always buy stuff from Play. It's the cheapest for me, since it is in the EU and because of that they don't add VAT and the postage is included in their prices.

For some reasons the postage to Scandinavia is usually outrageously high, if you order something online.  :roll:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: