PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 07:35:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???  (Read 27442 times)
scribble
Landlubber

View Profile
TREZILLAH!!! How could you do this to me???
« Reply #90 on: 2007 June 29, 16:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, thanks for clarifying the "dissembly" and "reverse engineering" thing. So dr Pixel is just talking mumbojumbo then? And I can continue dl from the bothy and feel clean and fine? lol...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 June 29, 16:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "scribble"
Someone, Dr Pixel I believe, pointed out that anyone who has modified the game has broken the EULA and this is true. <truncated>
However, everyone convieniently ignores the part of the EULA that says you are not allowed to "disassemble" or "reverse engineer" the game contents.

Simply put, this means you can't pick-apart the game files in a hex-=editor or by other means, to see how they are put together. Without doing this, NONE of the game editing tools like SimPE or any of the mesh import/export tools would be possible.
Here's the problem with that statement, and I'll bold the pertinent portion:
Quote from: "EA EULA"

Your right to use Tools & Materials is limited to the license grant above, and you may not otherwise copy, display, distribute, perform, publish, modify, create works from, or use any of the Tools & Materials. Without limiting the preceding sentence, you may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, license, transfer, distribute, create works from, or sell the Tool, or use the Tools & Materials to further any commercial or unlawful purpose.
The portion is specifically referring to not modifying or disassembling for a commercial/illegal purpose, not any purpose at all. This is where reading comprehension becomes important. I'm a bit shocked that Dr. Pixel didn't notice this, but then I guess he is/was a part of TSR.

There is no portion of the EA EULA that states you cannot disassemble, reverse engineer, or any other term that could possibly refer to modding or creating custom content. It is stated twice that you cannot do so for commercial purposes. It is specifically stated that:
You may include materials created with the Tools & Materials on your personal noncommercial website for the noncommercial benefit of the fan community for EA's products
So obviously it's ok to create, and it's ok to share. Just not for money.

Noticed something else:
Quote from: "EULA"
Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use the Tools & Materials to promote another product or business, or on any site that operates or promotes a server emulator.
Theoretically, then, custom content distributed freely that references a real company is against EA's EULA as well. Hmm.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2007 June 29, 16:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they recently stated in the contest for H&M that no trademarks and IP of other companies allowed.  And I daresay that they pull it off the exchange if they see it too.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 June 29, 19:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Pescado, I know I'd mentioned something along the same lines about reverse engineering in another thread, but you were much clearer than I was, and thanks to kariminger for outling the section entirely.

I've been hearing that argument a lot lately, and as kariminger and Pescado pointed out it's full of hot air. EA is not so stupid as to kill the one thing about the game that keeps people playing it for years, and didn't write the EULA without thinking first of how to make it so that distribution and creation are legal, but also that profitting off of EA's work was not.

Edited to add some more content
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 July 20, 23:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Litaddtlover"
Ok, so i was reading this and i came across oh say page 6 maybe.  Now, i do infact know that i should not bring up old matters, but, I do feel the need to say this... a guy named jared said that people were only donating to this site and infact do not buy the items.  Now, in a court of law, you may take a poll, vote if you will, and the majority would in fact say that they pay this site to download things.  

I also feel it is inappropriate to say people pay to donate, unless you have cancer or some other serious problem, its its drastically wrong to take "donations" from people who are only trying to enjoy an EA game.  And I think you need to find another hobby if you are infact charging teens for EA materials.

Are you referencing this site as taking donations?  I am not exactly sure what you are getting at.  Or are you commenting in general?  Please clarify because you may be walkin the plank if you don't...quick.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2007 July 20, 23:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Litaddtlover"
Ok, so i was reading this and i came across oh say page 6 maybe.  Now, i do infact know that i should not bring up old matters, but, I do feel the need to say this... a guy named jared said that people were only donating to this site and infact do not buy the items.  Now, in a court of law, you may take a poll, vote if you will, and the majority would in fact say that they pay this site to download things.  

I also feel it is inappropriate to say people pay to donate, unless you have cancer or some other serious problem, its its drastically wrong to take "donations" from people who are only trying to enjoy an EA game.  And I think you need to find another hobby if you are infact charging teens for EA materials.

1. I don't pay this site a cent and I download all the booty my computer can hold.
 and
2. I'm not sure if you are for us or against us. You confused me so bad.

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 July 20, 23:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before he was getting some serious butthurt, I thought I would ask.  I was confused too Nii.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2007 July 20, 23:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's on our side.

Um, this seems to be the whole "it's a payment not a donation" argument worded incredibly badly. I could be wrong though.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 July 21, 00:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, um...I'm staggering in the dark here...better yet, in a let's-split-hair-in-four fog. I think I can see two things clear enough. Jared is right, whoevertheheck he is :lol: The court of law, on the other hand, is high on something I don't want to know about. Fortunately, it does not exist! Cheesy So, erm, yay! I guess?  

Now I seriously need rum. Gimme

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 July 21, 01:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
Oh, um...I'm staggering in the dark here...better yet, in a let's-split-hair-in-four fog. I think I can see two things clear enough. Jared is right, whoevertheheck he is :lol: The court of law, on the other hand, is high on something I don't want to know about. Fortunately, it does not exist! Cheesy So, erm, yay! I guess?  

Now I seriously need rum. Gimme

:lol: Uhmmm - thanks for clearing that up for us.  Here's some rum for ya, you definitely need it more than me

mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2007 July 21, 03:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I think it's on our side.

Um, this seems to be the whole "it's a payment not a donation" argument worded incredibly badly. I could be wrong though.

From having read it through a couple of times, I believe that Captain Feathersword is correct. It's not entirely clear because the poster seems to have a fondness for using pronouns without indicating beforehand who he/she is actually referring to. The poster appears to be on our side, but could maybe do with a little bit of proofreading before he or she posts the next time.
vovillia
Landlubber

View Profile
TreZillah......the back stabber???
« Reply #101 on: 2007 July 26, 08:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really do not understand what the problem is???
So you all think that TreZillah is a Back-Stabbing Prick!
And so what if he's poor, and his server service bill is lager than the average phone bill!!

It's not like you have to give money to him, all you are missing is a Lambo LP400 and a Bently GT Convertible!!! :x  :x
And let's not forget some metallic style recolours for many different cars?!?!?

Is everyone crazy or something??
I'm poor too you know, I think I am in the red, in the matter of speaking.......
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TreZillah......the back stabber???
« Reply #102 on: 2007 July 26, 09:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "vovillia"
I really do not understand what the problem is???

The problem is it's a paysite.

It's not like you have to give money to him

We don't - but this isn't the carsource forum, and we don't have to have anyone's permission to talk but Pescado's.

Is everyone crazy or something??

Do you know where you are? This is Paysites must be destroyed We're interested, funnily enough, in paysites being destroyed.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
vovillia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 July 26, 09:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeh I know
You should see the song I wrote about TSR!
It's in the TSR must die!! Topic!!
Hope u r a NIN fan, or you might not want to even look at it??
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2007 July 26, 09:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeh I know
You should see the song I wrote about TSR!
It's in the TSR must die!! Topic!!
Hope u r a NIN fan, or you might not want to even look at it??

Perhaps, when you speak like a normal person, I can understand what the fuck you're referring to, and there are no !!!!?Huh I might.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: