PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 06:30:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 81683 times)
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #75 on: 2007 July 22, 23:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #76 on: 2007 July 22, 23:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Here is the translation, damned if I know:

In this sense: The life is not Ponyhof, above all not for us amateur handicraftsman possible should we really once all for ne certain time make. GDL lets greet. Unfairly the people opposite, which are innocent at the thing and downloaden simply only gladly, but possibly must also times which on sides of the amateur handicraftsmen happened. Because I have no support that the Piratenseiten becomes ever more violent. We can be pleased so many things, nevertheless continue we. Also without a word of the Dankeschoens. Yes, it must be not times money. A simple THANKS does it sometimes also. But even one gets in the all-rarest cases!

Maybe we should wait until Gwen gets here. That made no sense to me except for the bolded sentences.

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #77 on: 2007 July 22, 23:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't want to do this, it being Sunday and everything, but here we go.  I don't know who you are.  I don't know what website you are.  I don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.  I have neither harrassed you or bothered you in anyway.  If you have something you would like to say, fine, no problem.  I ask that you use English since that is the language in use at THIS board.

I don't recall your name being mentioned by one person here before you posted.  Nor did I see anyone call you a Teutonic Twat - are you volunteering yourself as Head Twat or what?  Just what is the point?

I really need a beer, rum and a nap.  Good grief.  We may be pirates, but we DO NOT - WILL NOT - PROMOTE ANY ABUSE OF FREE SITE OWNERS.  Is that clear, I mean is it PERFECTLY FUCKING CLEAR?  

HTR - I am still laughing...I hurt...damn you and your cat

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #78 on: 2007 July 22, 23:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the translation, damned if I know:

In this sense: The life is not Ponyhof, above all not for us amateur handicraftsman possible should we really once all for ne certain time make. GDL lets greet. Unfairly the people opposite, which are innocent at the thing and downloaden simply only gladly, but possibly must also times which on sides of the amateur handicraftsmen happened. Because I have no support that the Piratenseiten becomes ever more violent. We can be pleased so many things, nevertheless continue we. Also without a word of the Dankeschoens. Yes, it must be not times money. A simple THANKS does it sometimes also. But even one gets in the all-rarest cases!

I think it says that we're responsible for people not getting thanks or something. It sounds like it's actually confusing two separate issues (we're mean, and so everyone who is mean must be connected to us). I'm not sure, hopefully someone with a really good grasp of German can translate it.

Again, I'm sorry that people don't feel like they're getting appropriate thanks and credit, however every cruel word or lack of thanks should not be connected to us. How we feel about paysites is separate from how we feel about creators, especially when they are free creators (like Solander, for example). Don't assume that just because someone writes "Ur Lame! and U totaly Suck!!!" in your guestbook, that it would be endorsed by people here.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #79 on: 2007 July 22, 23:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mando - are you saying you think my message was a little harsh?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #80 on: 2007 July 22, 23:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mando - are you saying you think my message was a little harsh?

Ha, ha, ha! Nope, I know how sweet and kind you are :lol: . Not harsh at all, especially since everyone's repeated the same thing about four or five different times.

I was still typing when a bunch of other people (including you) were posting, and just ended up at the end there.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #81 on: 2007 July 22, 23:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Slayer, if you read through the original letter, you can see our issue was that we were lumped in with the whiny idiots who harrass free site owners and some renagades who ARE actual content thiefs. We felt we were being blamed for something we simply did not do.

And as you can see, statements - and positions were clarified.

Slayer, I like you, but please...read the whole thread before making a comment that shows you haven't done your homework.

Remember, I have an axe!  Cheesy

I'm sorry for that. I did read the letter and I think it only implied that pirates are also whiny creators. Some pirates are, some aren't. It just pisses me off to see people attack free site owners/content creators. People attacking Delphy, people attacking HP, and now a couple people in this thread are attacking Solander.

I was more responding to people who were attacking him, other people outside this forum too.

I don't think Solander meant to lump us in the same group as thieves and whiny children. I think he only wrongly worded his letter for 2 reasons: 1.) He was pissed off. 2.) His english isn't as well as ours.

Yes I saw the thread and it reminded me of criticism I've read many other places and from people who still attack him. And I ranted. Maybe I was wrong. And I'm sorry for that.

And to redeem myself Wink

Kalliope:

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #82 on: 2007 July 22, 23:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SlayerAngel, I can understand why you're upset but I think the frustration is being misdirected.  I personally do not feel "harass" is being used appropriately here with the exception of what Delphy has gone through.  Simply because people disagree with Solander's take on the situation he has found himself in does not make it harassment.  I suggest taking a break and collecting your thoughts because you aren't making much sense.

ETA to the post below me:  If they really only wanted thanks, what is stopping from them being free creators?  Are they really asking us to pay AND give them thanks?  Isn't paying already a form of thanks in a way?  I don't see how they can feasibly have it both ways and I personally don't think they should.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
holeinsocks
Landlubber

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #83 on: 2007 July 22, 23:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the translation of this:

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof, vor allem nicht für uns Bastler Eventuell sollten wir wirklich einmal alle für ne bestimmte Zeit dichtmachen. GDL lässt grüßen. Ist zwar unfair den Leuten gegenüber, die unschuldig an der Sache sind und einfach nur gerne downloaden, aber eventuell muss auch mal was auf Seiten der Bastler geschehen. Denn ich hab keinen Bock, dass die Piratenseiten immer heftiger werden. Wir lassen uns so viele Dinge gefallen, trotzdem machen wir weiter. Auch ohne ein Wort des Dankeschöns.
Ja, es muss nichtmal Geld sein. Ein simples DANKE tut es manchmal auch. Doch selbst das bekommt man in den allerseltensten Fällen!

Translation:

Life is not a pony-farm, at least not for us creators. Maybe we all should close for a certain time. GDL is greeting. It is unfair against the people that are innocent in this whole thing and just like to download, but maybe something has to happen on the side of the creators. Because I really don't like that the Pirate sites get stronger. Many things get done and said to us, but we still keep going. Even without a word of Thank you.
Yes, it doesn't even have to be money. A simple Thank you is sometimes good enough. But even that is very rare.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #84 on: 2007 July 22, 23:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People slandering him? I call that harassment. Nobody deserves to be slandered. I only think that it's a coincidence that some german creators are shutting down. Also, most of them did to sell out to TSR. Solander didn't sell out. Yes he was a member but isn't anymore. I only think that him shutting down his site for a while is just a wake-up call. His way of saying that nothing is stopping him from just taking his toys and going home. Maybe it would be wrong but nothing is in his way.

I think people need to stop attacking him for mis wording a post. We all do it and come off as things that we're not, especially when you're upset. But he is not our enemy. He's not even close. I have no problem with him being neutral on the issue. But the fact that he chose to be a free only creator makes me respect him.

i can haz witchcraft?
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #85 on: 2007 July 22, 23:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About Solander, it's good that he made it all clear and explained everything and changed his message in the homepage etc. because honestly the way his message was originally posted? it was pretty deserving of at least some criticism and/or wtf? on our part anyway, bad grasp of the language kept in mind and all  :wink:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #86 on: 2007 July 22, 23:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit I can't figure out how to post a picture

Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #87 on: 2007 July 22, 23:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
About Solander, it's good that he made it all clear and explained everything and changed his message in the homepage etc. because honestly the way his message was originally posted? it was pretty deserving of at least some criticism and/or wtf? on our part anyway, bad grasp of the language kept in mind and all  :wink:

Well he apologized for miswording his letter and we can't fault him for that. Yes he did come off as a little cocky but I've read much worse. But he's not our enemy. Sasilia, Marcela and Murano however Wink

ETA: armywife you right click on the picture and then left click "view image" then copy the link. Click "img" above the text box then paste then link. Click "img" again. Hope that helped. Smiley

i can haz witchcraft?
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #88 on: 2007 July 22, 23:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one more person places blame on us for all this shit.....here is my solution.

*rum for you SlayerAngel and mucho thanks for helping my dumb ass*

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #89 on: 2007 July 22, 23:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SlayerAngel"
People slandering him? I call that harassment. Nobody deserves to be slandered. I only think that it's a coincidence that some german creators are shutting down. Also, most of them did to sell out to TSR. Solander didn't sell out. Yes he was a member but isn't anymore.

Slander?  I don't think so.  You're taking things so far out of proportion that it's really outrageous.  It is not us that took what he did and made a "freesites/paysites unite against pirates/nonrespectful people" stand from it.  His paysite friends did.  It's not a coincidence.  It's a deliberate move.

I don't think you're comprehending what you're reading because you're too emotional.  Take a breather.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: