PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:23:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39305 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 22, 16:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT

Quote from: "Lethe"
Feverish,
rule 2 applies mostly to houses and sims. If there is, say, a sim that is shown with peggy's latest pay hair, that hair is not necessary for the sim to work. You can change the hair if you want. However, the sim will look very different without it. That's why the sim, in the picture, should be put in a hair that the downloader *can* get without paying.

Ok I understand now. Thank you very much for explaining that to me.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 22, 17:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations to all the staff at MTS2 for the new rules - my admiration for your work only grows!  Cheesy Keep up the good work. Arrr!

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 22, 17:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good stuff!

If EA decides to support paysites, does this decision still stand?

Inactive
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 22, 20:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk: Hell yes
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 22, 20:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Delphy! This will certainly be a huge blow to paysites in general and TSR in particular.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 22, 20:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will cause peggy and rose major butthurt. I see recolors of their hairs (mostly pay) a lot!  Cheesy Yay for Delphy *Gives him a cookie and some Juicy Juice and/or Rum*

pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 22, 22:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
Nouk: Hell yes

<3

That is all.
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 22, 23:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, what awesome news! That's fabulous, Delphy!

Now, onto the actual important stuff though...where are my free laptops and panties and kitties etc etc  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Re: New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 23, 00:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Silvercoin"
Quote from: "missangelica"
Hells yeah!  If you remember you probably don't I raged "war" with elmazz sisters over them uploading stuff on mts2 with screen shots of models loaded with pay items.

I remember that, actually. Isn't that the time when they stormed off in a huff, saying something along the lines of "fine, if you don't appreciate us enough then we're gone from MTS2"? And the only reason they ever uploaded that eyeset was to advertise everything else on the model. Feh.

Yep.  Actually, it was the lipstick but they did upload an eye set shortly before to do the same thing.  Notice they're both things that don't require meshes and are very simple.  It's easy to make them look okay aka better than default EAMaxis.  Okay is obviously not the same as good and great like Bruno's lipsticks and Barcelonista's eyes..

I refused those pox blankets a mile away.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 23, 03:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 has always been my favorite. And every day brings more love. Excellent policy change. It has always made me very uneasy to see paysite creators from TSR advertising on MTS2. (Here are the recolors, get the mesh from TSR. Gah!)

Still watching you guys
Taliesin
Landlubber

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 23, 05:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
MTS2 has always been my favorite. And every day brings more love. Excellent policy change. It has always made me very uneasy to see paysite creators from TSR advertising on MTS2. (Here are the recolors, get the mesh from TSR. Gah!)

Yes then digging through the rubbish not to find it,
or it cost you (Too Much) be it on tsr or some of the other paysites out there,
most of it is ugly anyways, especialy the crap on tsr.
9b8ll
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 23, 16:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the new Rules but it's going to take getting use to because it's kinda hard of finding the free hairstyle that is just as good as pay hair (We All know that Nouk hairs is freakin Awesome btw!!!) but what about the hair style that you want for your sims to look good? Other than that the rules are superb. Hopefully I am learning to start and trying to create great meshes just like nouk's for free!!! Smiley and this will hurt paysites and that's a good thing too!!!
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 23, 16:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
This will cause peggy and rose major butthurt. I see recolors of their hairs (mostly pay) a lot!  Cheesy Yay for Delphy *Gives him a cookie and some Juicy Juice and/or Rum*

Indeed, I've seen the recolors as well.  I visit ModTheSims2 everyday looking for stuff.  (I'm a total download whore.)  There used to be tons of them... Peggy hair, especially.  This will definitely give Peggy & Rose a kick in the arse.

*Salutes Delphy again*

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 23, 16:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "9b8ll"
I like the new Rules but it's going to take getting use to because it's kinda hard of finding the free hairstyle that is just as good as pay hair (We All know that Nouk hairs is freakin Awesome btw!!!) but what about the hair style that you want for your sims to look good? Other than that the rules are superb. Hopefully I am learning to start and trying to create great meshes just like nouk's for free!!! Smiley and this will hurt paysites and that's a good thing too!!!

Try XM Sims. Free, lovely hair.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 23, 18:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XM Sims is the bestest (not that I don't like Nouk's...I do, it's just a volume thing for me).

So, I didn't notice it in the rules, but say I want to post some recolors. The mesh file is on TSR as a pay item, but it's also on the creator's 100% free site, because we all know what asshats TSR is about not relinquishing files. 'Tis ok to link to the creator's freesite file and not mention the evilness, right?

*In this specific instance I'm referring to my own recolors of Echo's 1x1 floormat, which I'll be submitting this week (seriously, can I procrastinate a bit more?), but a general rule is good.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: