PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:30:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Take a look at this!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Take a look at this!  (Read 73074 times)
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #255 on: 2007 August 19, 19:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nohead"

Mando, no offense but i think you are in serious denial  :lol:
Do you seriously think they are allowed to post that unless it's true?
Do you have any official statement stating the opposite or are you referring to HawkGirls' daydreaming?

Yep, absolutely I think they are allowed to post things that are not officially true, and their posts are oftentimes influenced a great deal by their own opinions. This is why I didn't make specific reference to any of the other things we have heard, as I consider them equally rumour based and speculative.

The Maxoid's job is to keep things on the BBS running smoothly (well, try to, anyway), and not to be entirely up-to-date on legalities and legal matters. I don't consider a Maxoid post to be an authoratative or legally binding expression (as Maxoids can change from week to week, as can their opinions) I consider it a way to control the behaviour of posters on their boards. Like what we've heard from the other side, they are just opinions.

You should probably lay off the ad hominem as well in future posts.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #256 on: 2007 August 19, 20:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "mando"
Yep, absolutely I think they are allowed to post things that are not officially true, and their posts are oftentimes influenced a great deal by their own opinions. This is why I didn't make specific reference to any of the other things we have heard, as I consider them equally rumour based and speculative.

The Maxoid's job is to keep things on the BBS running smoothly (well, try to, anyway), and not to be entirely up-to-date on legalities and legal matters. I don't consider a Maxoid post to be an authoratative or legally binding expression (as Maxoids can change from week to week, as can their opinions) I consider it a way to control the behaviour of posters on their boards. Like what we've heard from the other side, they are just opinions.

You should probably lay off the ad hominem as well in future posts.

So that BBS post is just an opinion? Bearing no more weight than the speculation and theories in the community? :roll:
I don't think there is any point in me trying to get through here, you obviously don't want to see what is right in front of you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #257 on: 2007 August 19, 20:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See how good it was what I wrote - IGNORED! I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #258 on: 2007 August 19, 20:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is right in front of me here is an idiotic fucknut who will not get it through his head that the changed EULA is for software that DOES NOT MAKE CUSTOM CONTENT! It's been said that it effects the whole thing, which is bullshit. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with content created for the video game. The program it covers has nothing to do with it. The changed EULA is for that, not the game nor the programs used to make content. Dammit.... my head hurts...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #259 on: 2007 August 19, 20:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden I think I just got a crush on you.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #260 on: 2007 August 19, 20:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Ha, ha, ha! He/she ignored my original post too, if it makes you feel any better Calalily. It's much easier to pick and choose the arguments that you want to answer (especially if some of those arguments actually have documentation and proof attached, eep!)

Plus, I'm still not sure how thinking that the posts of Maxoids don't equate facts (especially one that makes such a legally untenable point) counts as a black mark against me. Of course, I'm foolish enough to believe that the new EULA doesn't actually give paysites any more power than they had before.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #261 on: 2007 August 19, 20:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "mando"

Ha, ha, ha! He/she ignored my original post too, if it makes you feel any better Calalily. It's much easier to pick and choose the arguments that you want to answer (especially if some of those arguments actually have documentation and proof attached, eep!)

I like it when they ignore me - that means they don't have anything to say about it other than "Sorry, you're right - I'm wrong."  Love it   Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #262 on: 2007 August 19, 20:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be very nice if cretins such as this could distinguish the difference between charisma and crass stupidity. Charisma makes a person wish to draw closer and get to know you better. Crass stupidity makes a person wish to rip your head from your neck and shit down the resulting hole. The former is what the trolls lack. The latter is what they display in such abundance that it makes you wonder if some villagages are missing their idiots. In that case, they really need to go back home before some poor deluded people decide to report them missing. I for one, would not miss them, but seeing as some people don't know real entertainment unless it bites them on the ass, well, I'd say we've deprived them on their idiots long enough. Go home!

nohead
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #263 on: 2007 August 19, 20:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, just for the sake of taking away that victory of yours Tongue.
I see that you have returned from your little trip to the virtual worlds and are  now back with us, i was a little worried we would loose you there Wink.

You are quoting from a lawsuit taking bits that suits you trying to prove, well what exactly?
Still trying to find a way to say that what you're doing here is perfectly legal or what?
The pirates have no interests to protect here, it up to EA to protect their interests, so i don't know what you're trying to achieve with all of this.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #264 on: 2007 August 19, 20:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you're not - you haven't addressed what was said there.

Still trying to find a way to say that what you're doing here is perfectly legal or what?

It's already legal - you're the one who is saying it isn't - with nothing but a change to make paysites included in the EULA to back you up.

The pirates have no interests to protect here, it up to EA to protect their interests

You're so right - and since they're the only ones with interests, as that caselaw proves, then paysite owners don't have interests to take away now do they?

Nor have they removed the right to fileshare.

You're fucked now unless you can come up with caselaw.  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #265 on: 2007 August 19, 20:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take the win, and be proud.  Cheesy  Good, relevant info is always ignored, or danced around, so I've noticed.
Besides, totalitarian TSR groupies, I don't need no steenking EULA to know that paysites are shit, and to say as much.  Like Ry, I'm currently playing a game that has a real community, with user made mods and info, all freely shared.  It's reprehensible to charge for user made content, period.  If you don't think so, then try charging for content in another gaming community.  I dare you.  I'll wait.

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #266 on: 2007 August 19, 20:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nOhead :shock: you dont understand do you. WHEN a lawyer is going to go to court, he researches similiar cases etc, rulings and all. The prosecutor the judge, they all look at this. The judge doesnt go back and rule on his feelings, he may read up as well.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #267 on: 2007 August 19, 20:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soupie I'm glad you and Cala know what you are talking about. It's just really sad that people can be so delusional to think that no matter what proof that's given they will forever be right. Also, what do you expect from a person who claims to have nohead?

mando
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #268 on: 2007 August 19, 20:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see that you have returned from your little trip to the virtual worlds and are  now back with us, i was a little worried we would loose you there Wink.

You are quoting from a lawsuit taking bits that suits you trying to prove, well what exactly?
The pirates have no interests to protect here, it up to EA to protect their interests, so i don't know what you're trying to achieve with all of this.

You were making arguments based on the legalities of paysites (and by comparision, the illegalities of our position), so Calalily was kind enough to provide you with some cogent examples that proved her own point. See, Calalily was actually supporting her argument instead of couching it in logical fallacies. Furnish us with some equally applicable case law and facts (and not random quotes from the Maxoid of the week) and we'll probably start taking you a little more seriously.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you about what we're trying to achieve as it has been written out and spoken of here and elsewhere countless times, and I'm sure you are well aware of it (much as you claim not to be).
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #269 on: 2007 August 19, 20:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, we're trying to keep people from getting ripped off! It sucks to know that people shell out hard earned cash for shit that looks like it came from a toxic waste site once you get it installed into your game, and it's not an inferior graphics card. Don't fuck with my cala! She knows a great deal more about the law and ethics than I think you ever learned in school. From what I've been told by someone who has made hacks and such, the .package file is part of the fucking game engine. As such, it is copyrighted and cannot in any part be sold. Guess what you have to have in order to make the pretty and not-so-pretty pixels work in your game? Why, that's riiiiiight, grasshopper, you have to have the .package file, which a company owns the rights to. They say that you can't earn bucks based off the sweat of their balls, which is what paysites are doing. Taking a copyrighted item known as the .package file, adding their own shit to it and trying to say they own the whole thing. I don't think so. The bulk of that file belongs to EA because the .package file format takes up a good 75% of it. Hmph! Makes me wonder if maybe the paysites oughtn't to be turning over $.75 per every $1.00 of content sold? Think the paysites would go for it? I doubt it, that's alot for them to swallow. So is the idea of expecting the unsuspecting simmer when being asked to pay for content that isn't up to company standard. In other words, if you think they have a right to ask for money, they can take their perfectly bleached dental work and apply it to my backside. If you need a translation, they can bite my ass!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: