PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 20:47:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Would Anyone Care to Chime In?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Would Anyone Care to Chime In?  (Read 39849 times)
Kaibon
Landlubber

View Profile
Would Anyone Care to Chime In?
« Reply #60 on: 2006 November 27, 22:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^0^ Hello misc boolpropians whos names I am far to lazy to mention!

I'm proud of the fact that BoolProp had the balls to step up to the plate.

100 percent  :roll: I know alot of forums that wouldn't have been able to handle it.

Anywho-
I'm pretty sure Sushi means, change for the better. Everyone knows boolprop is going change eventually, but there is always a chance it could be for the worse. If Sushi feels she can prevent it from becoming worse in any way by signing up here then thats her choice ^^

As for if boolprop just shut down one day...well I would be upset O_o Boolprop is kind of a rarity among forums, maybe you could call it "Glittering and smelling of candy and rainbows" but the people there are generally nice and I like that better than most forums =] it is nice to see one like this though xD oh yesh. I can see myself coming to a forum with these kind of rules, had it not been made in favor of something I was against ^_^

I have no idea why I signed up here, maybe its just because a fair amount of you are on boolprop and I felt intitled ^0^ oh well, I'll be lurking.  Smiley I have big love for debates.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 November 27, 22:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rubbersushi"
Now, you can say what you like to me, straight out, you don't need all that passive-aggressive crap.

Sorry, but isn't neriana calling me out? That's not a disagreement, that's an open invitation for some kind of confrontation.

No, she's not calling you out, she's being honest and asking the same from you. Here people tell others if they don't like them, they don't mince words.
JustLiz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 November 27, 22:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ky, I'm sure she did mean 'change for the better', but they still have a somewhat valid point =/.

It would be somewhat different, if members from here were flooding the forum with posts with adult content, swearing, and making inappropriate implications.

Really, all they're doing is debating, albeit in a style Boolprop is somewhat unfamiliar with.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 November 27, 22:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Kaibon"

I'm pretty sure Sushi means, change for the better. Everyone knows boolprop is going change eventually, but there is always a chance it could be for the worse. If Sushi feels she can prevent it from becoming worse in any way by signing up here then thats her choice ^^

I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't her choice, I just don't understand how she thought posting here would help, that's all.
rubbersushi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 November 27, 22:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MMEStalker"
Quote from: "rubbersushi"
Now, you can say what you like to me, straight out, you don't need all that passive-aggressive crap.

Sorry, but isn't neriana calling me out? That's not a disagreement, that's an open invitation for some kind of confrontation.

No, she's not calling you out, she's being honest and asking the same from you. Here people tell others if they don't like them, they don't mince words.
Okay. Thanks, for clearing that up MMEStalker.

Neriana, I don't have a problem with you. So, I dunno what you're talking about. And I'm fine that you have a problem with me. I actually find that extremely funny.

edit:
I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't her choice, I just don't understand how she thought posting here would help, that's all.

Well, I thought that because everyone here are adults. Well I assume you are all adults since some of you said so back at boolprop. You would understand my concern about handling the debate in a different manner. Not changing your opinion, but doing so in a way that it's not so... I don't want to say intimidating, because that's not the word I'm looking for. But, basically it's what Bitsy said, you are all adults debating with children. So please, keep that in mind.

And I apologise for not being clear. I'm not what you call, a thinking person. And it takes me a while to remember what I want to say.
Kaibon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 November 27, 22:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesh wifey I know xD(Aimed at justliz, sorry I didnt expect the topic to move so quickly)

The thought whole "changing" thing was aimed at the debate, because a debate CAN change a forum even if it is within the rules =/

I think boolprop can handle it though =] despite weeding through a bit of rudeness in the debate(from both sides) everyone has done a good job of stating their views, and taking others views into consideration.

EDIT: I didn't mean to imply that it wasnt her choice...I even debated using the word "choice" but I couldnt think of a better one ^_^;
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 November 27, 23:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rubbersushi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 November 27, 23:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like talking to another kid's parent. I guess, you expect things to change a bit, after you talk to them.

Although... Now I'm not so sure.
JustLiz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 November 27, 23:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to twist your words somewhat, but:

How did you think posting at Boolprop would help?
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 November 27, 23:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JustLiz"

I'm going to twist your words somewhat, but:
How did you think posting at Boolprop would help?

I didn't, and I didn't post anything there. I can't speak for the people who did.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2006 November 27, 23:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite a vaild point JustLiz. No one posting at boolprop was trying to change how boolprop members behaved at PMBD.
I can understand that sushi might be nervous about her little flock, but as the forum is open to all, there is only so much that can be done to protect them. In this matter the wolves were only pirates come to make their heads spin by using big words and well reasoned arguments. I know I would never have coped with an argument I wasn't supposed to agree with at that age, but then, I would not have been let loose on the internet either.
They cannot be protected forever and the thread whose very existence is a sign of maturity at boolprop is a relatively kind way to expose them to the big bad wolves.
Sushi: you really don't want to see some of the people here when they are being not nice (because there's a difference between that and not being nice).

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
JustLiz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 November 27, 23:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't, and I didn't post anything there. I can't speak for the people who did.

I appoligize then, I didn't think to check to see if you had.

Quote from: ""
Not quite a vaild point JustLiz. No one posting at boolprop was trying to change how boolprop members behaved at PMBD.

I can see the logic here as well, and although you're going to think I'm avoiding responsibility for what I say, I'm merely going to comment that I'm having difficulty thinking, as I've got an awful headache.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 November 27, 23:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather like the people of MATY and PSMBD (pretty close to being the same group anyway).  No, they aren't fluffy and sweet all the time, but from lurking at both forums for a while now, I can say that for the most part I think the people from here and MATY are intelligent, humorous, and honest.  I'd rather be around this bunch than people who are forced to be nice, just because everywhere else on the Internet there are "mean" people.

I still think it's ridiculous to tell people to dumb it down.  I love learning new words.  And god forbid, if I'm too lazy to highlight and click on over to Dictionary.com, it's usually very easy to figure out what a word means via context.  And if I have no idea what's going on, I don't drop a post in the middle of the thread, crying that I don't understand and you're all too smart for me--I just don't post at all!  Simple concept.  It's stupid to derail a thread just because you fail to understand what's going on.  I'm pretty much brain-dead when it comes to war talk and most political debates, but I feel no desire to pitch a fit when I don't understand what's going on.  S2C, while open to 13 years of age and up, doesn't force people to dumb down debates--why?  Because it's expected that in the debates, you can hold your own, understand what's going on, and understand that people will have aggressive debating styles.  And despite that, S2C is still pretty damn full of sheep and forced niceties.

Anyway, I'm not about to join another forum just for one thread on one topic.  I don't see the point, and it seems to me that the people there debating against the majority opinion are doing just fine without me chiming in and essentially repeating what was already said.  If I'm going to join a forum, I want to be able to participate on a daily basis, and I'm just not digging the impression I'm getting here.

Everyone knows what's already being said in favour of paysites--it's the only opinion you can have in public on most places.  But against paysites and for filesharing?  Can't have that opinion in most places--hell, it'll get you banned in some cases.  So yeah, I can see why people are going to Boolprop just to post their opposing opinion, because it's just one more place where people can go and see people express both sides of the debate, and not a series of closed threads stating that it must never be talked about, that the official stance of the site is that we're a bunch of assholes who are trying to destroy the Sims community.  Most people here already see both sides, and, meh, what difference does it make if there's another handful of people that don't agree with what's being done here?

(And while I was typing this, I bet a hundred and three posts were made, and I DON'T CARE.  Forums always move faster than I can think.  :x)
Kaibon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 November 27, 23:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
 And if I have no idea what's going on, I don't drop a post in the middle of the thread, crying that I don't understand and you're all too smart for me--I just don't post at all!  Simple concept.  

I think it was only mentioned being that the thread is a debate =] like you said, if you have no idea whats going on you wouldnt post. Most people are with you on that. =P More people will respond if posters with a vast vocabulary "dumb" themselves down. If you don't mind less response to what you say, then its all good. If you just wish to state your opinion and leave with no debate inbetween then dumbing youself down wouldnt be neccisary. Dumbing yourself down for the sake of debate may however, be needed considering the larger age group of boolprops members are in middle school =/

not saying you cant understand whats going on if your in middle school xD JustLiz is only 13 and has a wonderful vocabulary as well as a fabulous understanding of words. I'm only saying in most instances, its harder for the age group in question to understand the more advanced words.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 November 27, 23:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just about to ask where all of the love went, but I read Ensign's post and felt better.

Ensign brings the love back!

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: