PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 11:49:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 121772 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #285 on: 2007 July 21, 14:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peachfish- Let me acknowledge that I appreciate your willingness to admit that maybe you didn't go about expressing yourself as you would have liked initially.  However, clear a few things up for me/us:  What is the name of your site?  I mean Cala lists hers here so does Nouk, and then there's HP from MTS2 and S2C, not to mention Kathy from Insim has also freely posted here.  See, I believe the first step in actually showing support is to step up and step out and not ride the fence.  I have yet to see you mention your site.  

Secondly, do you have 100 % freesite on your site?  Do you link to the booty?  Do you reference any of the EA responses to inquiries within this community?  These are questions I feel you should answer.  Why - you brought them up in your posts.  I do believe for the largest part we have treated you as we would any member.  

EDIT:  I have no problem with 100% freesites asking for donations on a voluntary basis.  Just wanted to clarify.
This "movement" that you speak of is no movement at all, in my humble opinion.  It is the difference between right and wrong in my eyes.  I paid for the S2 and all the expansion packs, as a lot of us have.  I am not a creator but do enjoy downloading the pretties that are made for it.  Some really talented individuals create for the Sims but they don't own the copyright or the license.  Noone should plan their life, finances and business around a game that is distributed and owned by someone else.  Pay content is wrong...just plain wrong.  If you want to create something that's wonderful, but really should you be paid for it?  No.   There are many excuses as to why people feel justified in asking for money, but did I ask you to spend your time doing it - no.  I see Nouk and Cala who are so extremely talented and they do it because they enjoy it, participate in the community of it, and I personally enjoy the relationships with a lot of people within the community.  I lurked for quite some time to get a feel of where this community was when I became interested in the Sims (I was a late comer to the whole thing) and in all the things I have learned about different sites, I would back PMBD and those associated before I would anyone else.  Why? Well, I am the wife of a combat veteran Army officer and have lived my life as an Army wife for 22 years, as someone with integrity, community involvement, volunteerism and a true and intense need to do what is right, regardless of popularity.  Loyalty is something I value above all in others.  Which is what you will find in the membership here.  Agreement on everything? No Warm fuzzies? No. So maybe this is a little more info than necessary, but I don't give a damn.  For me there is no grey - For or Against or In or Out (get your mind out of the gutter ERD), just the necessity to stand with those and say NO - We will not let you make this community a thriving personal business for yourself and stand by and do nothing.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #286 on: 2007 July 21, 14:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Peachfish"
Quote from: "calalily"

You - I've not seen what you've done your way - the "nice" and apparently "right" way. I venture that it's nothing, but call for niceness from the people actually doing things.

Let’s just get one thing straight, here. You – you do not know who I am or what I do, so I suggest you be a little more careful with your judgements.

armywife is right - by hiding your identity and just coming to tell us all what to do you ride the fence on this issue - and essentially stand for nothing - because the name of peachfish doesn't mean anything.

I laughed at NeptuneSuzy's accusation at s2c that if our respective pasts and actions are researched then we all find skeletons in our closets.  Not bloody likely.  That's part of the bandwagon you can never hop on until you reveal your identity.

And I suggest that you be more careful with your judgements - the time and effort I put in here on PMBD is equalled by the time spent sensibly debating it elsewhere with people who feel that paysites are alright, as well as free site initiatives.

And almost all those involved in freesite promotional activities - I know the names they post under here, and most of them have the same names, or are not afraid to identify themselves.

More to throw in a contribution, if you wish, as to how the anti-paysite movement could get better and gain more followers. I think PMBD is the best chance and the strongest player in that battle. So why not make it even stronger by making it more than just the booty and the EULA argument?

Could you vague that up a little more - because I can sorta understand that statement?  How 'bout suggesting we do the thing with the thing?  That would just make it vague enough for me.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #287 on: 2007 July 21, 14:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Armywife, I just sent you a PM with the address of my site. If anybody else wants to know it I’ll PM you too.

But please respect that for the moment I prefer to remain anonymous – to those people who spy this forum and report to others. You can call me a chicken, because that’s what I am.

As for your questions: Yes, it is a 100 percent free site. No, I don’t link to the booty, simply because as I have mentioned before I still have an emotional problem with hosting creations somewhere against the creators will. No, I don’t have links to the EA responses, basically because I haven’t updated the site since before those responses came out. I’ve spend my time working on the creations instead of making the site itself better or more complete. I hope that will change sometime soon and then I will link to the EA responses and am considering linking to Hecubus’ Money Better Spent.

I guess that’s the crux of the matter for me. I agree with everything you said in your last paragraph, and I create for the same reasons as Nouk and Calalily. I would like to link to here, but as long as the whole thing centers around the booty and the EULA argument I have a problem fully and whole-heartedly supporting it. Did that make any sense?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #288 on: 2007 July 21, 14:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
Quote from: "pixelated"
I LOVE that this forum isn't one of those cuddly-wuddly places and if you don't like it, just grab the booty and get the hell out of here, because no one will miss you.

My thoughts also. I might add that every forum has it's own flavor, and here it's RUM. Don't like rum? Sorry about that, but it's time to move on.  Expecting an existing forum and it's members to modify their drinking habits to suit your particular tastes is insulting and not a particularly smart idea.

Snarky - you crack my ass up on a daily basis.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #289 on: 2007 July 21, 14:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  You are anti-paysite, anti-filesharing.  You confused me (and most likely others) by arguing about 2 things at the same time.  The first argument being that we're all a nasty bunch of pirates that should clean up our act (in the forum) and then that we're all a nasty bunch of pirates who should clean up our act (file sharing).

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #290 on: 2007 July 21, 15:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Armywife, I just sent you a PM with the address of my site. If anybody else wants to know it I’ll PM you too.

But please respect that for the moment I prefer to remain anonymous – to those people who spy this forum and report to others. You can call me a chicken, because that’s what I am.

As for your questions: Yes, it is a 100 percent free site. No, I don’t link to the booty, simply because as I have mentioned before I still have an emotional problem with hosting creations somewhere against the creators will. No, I don’t have links to the EA responses, basically because I haven’t updated the site since before those responses came out. As a matter of fact I don’t have any links on the site – or a guestbook – or a lot of other things that I would like to have. I’ve spend my time working on the creations instead of making the site itself better or more complete. I hope that will change sometime soon and then I will link to the EA responses and am considering linking to Hecubus’ Money Better Spent.

I guess that’s the crux of the matter for me. I agree with everything you said in your last paragraph, and I create for the same reasons as Nouk and Calalily. I would like to link to here, but as long as the whole thing centers around the booty and the EULA argument I have a problem fully and whole-heartedly supporting it. Did that make any sense?

Damn.  Before anyone asks, no I will not reveal any info given to me in a PM.  If you know me, you know that honor is a big thing with me - so don't ask.

But triple damn.  I really don't think that you would have as hard a time as you think.  Truly.  You should pm Calalily and Nouk and even Mama Hec and seriously they can advise you in that arena much better than I.  All 3 are individuals who will maintain your privacy.  I also know that you have been in this community for a long time. I also know that you are well respected and I can understand that you value others.  Since I have interacted with you on other boards, I do have a great respect for you.

Having said that, as more and more creators/site owners stand up and against the fleecing of the community, the better the community becomes.   Respecting someone's wishes should be tempered with common sense.   The booty and the EULA and the EA responses as well as many large sites making a united effort to end this once and for all is a very good reason to support it.  I can't tell you what to do or make you do anything, and don't want to.  It has to be your choice and your decision.  I will respect that.  My only issue was your critique of my fellow pirates.  So here's some rum from me to you...damn

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #291 on: 2007 July 21, 15:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I HAVE to know :lol:

Please and thank you Cheesy

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #292 on: 2007 July 21, 15:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Armywife, thank you very, very much. Those are words that I take to heart. You just made me feel immensely much better about being here. I will happily share my rum with you and anyone else here.  Cheesy

Apologies again for the confusion and for the stupid 'horrible' remark. I usually don't have a problem expressing myself, but this time I think I got it wrong.

Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #293 on: 2007 July 21, 15:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am well aquainted with Peachfish - as it turns out ;P - and I can confirm

- her site is 100% free, but she does ask for donations to help offset costs (much like other great free sites do!)

- her concerns over exposure are, at this point warranted. Please don't prod her to come out until she's confident that she can. (Armywife's advice to chat with Nouk and Calalilly is a good one...I'd add Alia and Sparkle Plenty to that list, for various reasons.)

- she and I have had some interesting discussions about the ethics of the booty from an 'honoring the creators' standpoint. I think we DO honor them....we name them, credit them, don't take any credit for ourselves. We pay for everything we share. But....I'm sure we'll continue this part of the debate both in private and here.

- she's pretty funny! Once she has a bit of rum in her, she'll loosen right up!

Peachfish, thanks for being brave enough to join, despite your own hesitations. I think you'll find that we really ARE the 'good kind of evil.'

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #294 on: 2007 July 21, 15:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think everyone finds the phorum scary until they post - just so long as they don't post with anything terribly silly and don't keep on posting terribly silly stuff, they have no problems.  It's always far more scary before you post.

*Edited out*

I don't think that you really need to do anything more, and if you don't wish to link to filesharing, you should feel no compulsion.  But those who link here are not merely relying on this forum to do the work - they are doing other things as well - they are giving free site hosting, or free help and other things.  None of us rely on PMBD, mainly because we hope, as much as we love our pirates, that one day it will not be needed.  Although I weep for the butthurt robbed from Pescado  :cry: .

To argue that PMBD is the only rallying point is not true - that is the issue.  It is a big in your face site that gets attention - that takes the focus off pay content as a forbidden fruit, and often people are vastly dissatisfied with the content they find - and then they start on the freesite movement, because despite what they've been thinking this time, the paystuffs are *not* as good as they were led to believe.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #295 on: 2007 July 21, 15:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I am well aquainted with Peachfish - as it turns out ;P - and I can confirm

Turns out I am too. I'm too nosy for my own good.  :lol:

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #296 on: 2007 July 21, 15:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THIS is what ya get for being..."nice"

:x
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #297 on: 2007 July 21, 15:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Hecubus. It’s really good to be able to talk to you here as well.  Cheesy

Just one little correction: I don’t ask for donations on the site. I’m on a completely free host, so there’s no reason for it.

Calalily, I don’t think PMBD is the only rallying point for the anti-paysite thing. It is the biggest and most powerful and the one that has the most chances of getting the battle won. I would like to support and be part of that, so I'm trying to find a way to do it that I’m comfortable with.

Sent you a PM, so all is clear.

Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #298 on: 2007 July 21, 15:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to know who you are but will represent the pirates who are happy to wait until you reveal yourself. I am not in a position to give you the advice that others can. Some of your early arguments were very odd but I'm glad we worked out what it is you were saying.
Welcome to the party. *passes around special homemade rum* Careful, it's potent.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #299 on: 2007 July 21, 16:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, I don’t think PMBD is the only rallying point for the anti-paysite thing. It is the biggest and most powerful and the one that has the most chances of getting the battle won. I would like to support and be part of that, so I'm trying to find a way to do it that I’m comfortable with.

I don't think it is the only rallying point - but it's the one that gets the most attention - it's where we get a lot of good new recruits.  s2c is good for that too - and yields similar recruits ( to freesite causes).

One of the best things one could do is email creators - quite apart from PMBD actions.

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: