PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:43:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 121776 times)
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #90 on: 2007 July 17, 11:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, but I think it goes both ways. Why can’t a creator just stop making payfiles? Why can’t PMBD just stop uploading files that creators don’t want hosted here? Personally I think there is wrong-doing on both sides.

‘Assume they have control’. Well, yes, but that’s not really very smart, is it? It is possible to check these things before you start uploading. It’s like signing a rental lease assuming that you have a one month notice to cancel it and then finding out that it’s actually one year.  :?

What I meant was that EA’s word – and I suppose you mean the EULA – is open to interpretation. And the EULA is not law. It is a condition. Which can be overruled by real laws. I don’t think it is entirely clear how these things work together or against each other. Hence why I don't think the EULA argument is a convincing one.

I did not mean to offend anybody. I am a free creator. I move a lot of vertices around and I push a lot of buttons in SimPE. I was only trying to say that the fact that you know how to make custom content does not give you the right to profit financially from the entire community. But maybe I phrased that in an unfortunate way.  Smiley

ETA:
CaptainJojoba: Thanks! *takes a big swig* Now where's that eye patch of mine?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #91 on: 2007 July 17, 12:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Peachfish"
Finally about the EULA argument. I, too, wish you would stop throwing that around all the time. I don’t completely buy it. There are a multitude of ways to interpret the EULA and just as many ways that the EULA interacts with copyright and intellectual property laws in different countries. I doubt if even the EA legal eagles have a clear-cut definition of whether paysites are illegal or not. In the end it would be up to a court to decide on the issue.

While certainly it is not a very strong argument, it does happen to be the ONLY argument with any legalism at all. The courts could make some kind of final decision, but ultimately, no one wishes to contest it in court, so that which is not forbidden remains legal.

I do buy the argument about the moral wrongness of paysites, though. It isn’t difficult to see why nobody should get rich from a community of gamers, just because they know how to move vertices around and push a few buttons in SimPE. I think that argument would win over a lot more people.  :wink:

Eh, people have gotten richer for less. That isn't even the point.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #92 on: 2007 July 17, 12:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "aterenia"
I have also a question for NeptuneSuzy. Is it true that TSR spreads Trojans to its items that someone downloads  from sites other than TSR itself? My cousin downloaded a TSR item the other day from another site and this ruined his game. We are both afraid to download since then.

I am sure TSR would love people to believe that.  :evil:
If you download an item from the booty, ít is safe. If it ruins your game, it is just crap and will ruin your game anyway. A fact that will happen quite often when downloading TSR stuff.
The difference is only that if you download from the booty, you haven't paid for an item that ruined your game.

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #93 on: 2007 July 17, 12:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, but I think it goes both ways. Why can’t a creator just stop making payfiles? Why can’t PMBD just stop uploading files that creators don’t want hosted here? Personally I think there is wrong-doing on both sides.

See, I just can't understand how hosting the files here is wrong.  It's illegal for paysites to charge.  It's not illegal for fans to share their creations.  Maybe I see too much in black and white, but honestly I just can't see the shades of grey here.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #94 on: 2007 July 17, 17:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NeptuneSuzy, thank you for speaking out here. I agree with practically everything you’ve said since page 3. And it has given me the courage to come out of lurkdom.

Thanks, I just don't know how to keep my mouth shut! LOL!  

Quote from: "keirra"
Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

As an FA at TSR, how much do you get paid?

That is a question that I would also love to hear the answer to.  If we get a completely honest answer, I will give Suzy my first born son. (He's 22, so I doubt she will take him.  :lol: )

CaptainJojoba and keirra... I actually answered that a couple of times on various boards, but people seemed to have missed it...   I pointed out that I'm not TSR's spokesperson, so I'm not going to get involved with discussions about their FA's. However, seeing as this has been posted all over PMBD for a long time now, I've been comfortable enough to say not all FA's get paid.... Wink   And Kierra,  Yikes! No please don't send me your first born!  *shivers :lol:

Quote from: "calalily"
The next thing that NeptuneSuzy posts to TSR - she can hardly say that she didn't know it would be posted somewhere else, can she - and depending on how long she's been a member, she's been giving tacit consent to this for ages.

Hey, I know they're going to be uploaded here.... Didn I ever say that I didn't.  No.  I have said many times that I don't care where my files go .... my site... mts2.... tsr.... the exchange....PMBD.... or the moon!  You may be emotionally attached to your creations, but I'm not. However, I'm trying to point out that alot of creator's do care and these creator's are your peers, as peachfish said.... "hosting a creator’s work somewhere where they don’t want it to be hosted. To me that is wrong. Just as wrong as TSR refusing to take down a creator’s work if they ask for it. I guess it’s a question of respect. At least let us keep a minimum measure of control over what happens to our creations."

Quote from: "Paleoanth"
Quote from: "calalily"
Yeah, but I don't believe that - otherwise they'd call them referrals - ambassadors go out from the site on behalf of the site.

Just a clarification for you.  The ambassador thing really is just referrals.  You can add a link to your minisite on TSR in your signature or if you have a separate website and TSR can count the number of hits from that link.  That is all it is.

Thank you!  Although the idea of being a subversive entering the enemy camp was starting to sound like fun! heeeheee!
 :lol:
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #95 on: 2007 July 17, 17:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much do YOU personally get paid?  You can do an average per month if that makes it easier on you to figure it out and tell us.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #96 on: 2007 July 17, 17:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They won't stop making payfiles - they'll keep doing it, and as long as they keep doing it, PMBD won't stop.

It’s like signing a rental lease assuming that you have a one month notice to cancel it and then finding out that it’s actually one year.  :?

No, it's like signing standard rental agreements over the course of your lifetime, and then finding out that the rental agreement you just signed is a lifelong tenancy that you can't get out of ever, and they take your furniture and sell it.

And the EULA is not law. It is a condition. Which can be overruled by real laws.

Until refuted, what EA says goes.  EULAs haven't been thrashed out in court, but that doesn't mean that just because they haven't you get to do what you like.  

I did not mean to offend anybody.

I wasn't accusing you - but that argument would devalue free creators, and I don't think that's helpful or nice, and certainly doesn't make sense if we want an all free community.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #97 on: 2007 July 17, 19:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Nouk:

http://www.noukiesims2.net/Piccies/AboutTools2.gif

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #98 on: 2007 July 17, 20:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sits back with popcorn and rum waiting for Neptunesuzy's answer to missangelica's question*  :mrgreen:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #99 on: 2007 July 17, 20:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HideTheRum"
*sits back with popcorn and rum waiting for Neptunesuzy's answer to missangelica's question*  :mrgreen:

You are dreaming - DREAMING!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #100 on: 2007 July 17, 20:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
How much do YOU personally get paid?  You can do an average per month if that makes it easier on you to figure it out and tell us.

It was already answered ... reread using some imagination and maybe you'll get the answer, if not then I'm sure someone else here got it and maybe they'll help you out.

Smiley
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #101 on: 2007 July 17, 20:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And BTW, I'm under no obligation to answer questions that you decide to toss at me. I'm just being a good sport, you could do that too!
Smiley
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #102 on: 2007 July 17, 20:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're under no obligation to follow your rules for us - this is not your forum - Pescado makes the rules here.  

Personally I don't know why you still bother - you're not interested in actually answering questions about your shady dealings, and you don't want to acknowledge that clear indication has come from EA that you are the one in the wrong - not us.

Now, why don't you sit back, and wait for a post that says something you actually want to answer or tells you how good you are, and then you can reply and act as if none of them preceeding it existed.

Visit Calalilysims

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #103 on: 2007 July 17, 21:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you keep mentioning that you've come here of your own free will?  Is that supposed to be something special?  Is PMBD really that hidden and unknown that posting here feels so damn wondrous and exhilirating?  Why do some people (differing viewpoint or not) feel like they're doing something special and different when they speak up around here?  It's just a forum and we're just people with real feelings too.  (Except JM.  I still don't really buy the evil guy talking like a baby thing, but it seems a little less loony now.)

But oh yeah, we're evil and mean and la-dee-fuckin'-dah.  We're really not people.  (Some posters here are ducks and parrots and slices of bread and Pokemon and axe murderers and skulls.  And someone looks like a very hairy coconut.  And someone used to be a panther.)  All some people see is a bunch of people who harass others and steal content--we have no regard for other people, have no understanding of the time and energy it takes to create something, and drink baby blood because we're nothing but stinking fucking thieves, right?  I know I'm dealing with people--do YOU know you're dealing with people too?

If I went into a community of cannibals, I sure as hell won't expect that just because I was "brave" enough to wander into their domain that they won't eat me.  Unless I had a damn good reason to be around the cannibals, I'm not going to try to come into their village or city and act like everything is going to go my way because I'm the MAIN CHARACTER, DAMN IT.
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #104 on: 2007 July 17, 21:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "NeptuneSuzy"
Quote from: "missangelica"

It was already answered ... reread using some imagination and maybe you'll get the answer, if not then I'm sure someone else here got it and maybe they'll help you out.

Smiley

Actually I haveread over your replies and no, I didntsee you say
"I make XXX amount"
or
"I make no money"

so be plain, what do you make as income??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: