PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 27, 08:05:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 101376 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #90 on: 2006 December 16, 03:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marhis"
It was a 6 months sub (sigh) and it's about to expire.

TSR subscriptions never expire. You have to manually kill them from Paypal. See the announcement in the booty updates about how to do this. Don't wait until it's too late. Kill it now, lest ye be out some more money to those thieves.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #91 on: 2006 December 16, 03:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sickpuppy"

I can't fault any of the FAs for 'selling out'--they found a way to get free stuff and some money, so what? Who wouldn't? Now we have this site and SFV, but we haven't always had these. Who wouldn't want the access to the goodies??

Those of you faulting FAs for 'selling out' are being self righteous.

I wouldn't do it. If following one's own moral code is "self-righteous", then "self-righteous" I am.

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #92 on: 2006 December 16, 03:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I wasn't clear enough; actually I tried, but discovered that is a bit different: a 6 month sub, like mine, is not considered a "subscription" by paypal, but a one-time "payment". I have nothing to cancel, indeed, in my Paypal's pages.

Anyway, I checked also all the TSR FAQ's and stuff, to better understand, and found out this:

Here are the steps required to cancel a subscription.
Note: This is only necessary for 2 month subscriptions, 6 and 12 month subscriptions do not automatically renew.

1. Click on the following link:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_subscr-find&alias=subscriptions@thesimsresource.com

2. Log in if prompted.

3. Click on the "Details" link next to the subscription you wish to cancel (this is the blue text link in the list of results). You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which you may cancel the subscription.

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will see a button called "Cancel subscription" - click this button and then confirm the cancellation on the next page. Now your subscription is canceled.
If there is no such button it means that the subscription is no longer active, it has either already been canceled or it has reached it's end of term.

Canceling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.

This seems true. Well, almost I hope it is :/, but from the PayPal's side there is nothing I can do.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
pmbd_fangirl
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #93 on: 2006 December 16, 05:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I canceled my subscription. Yay for pmbd!!!  :twisted:
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #94 on: 2006 December 16, 06:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they gave you a bone and you are defending them? How disgustingly sweet.

Those of you faulting FAs for 'selling out' are being self righteous

Yes, yes I am. What's your point?

Selling custom content when it should be distributed for free is wrong. There is no excuse for it.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #95 on: 2006 December 16, 08:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I hope Windkeeper gets that job.  It will mean we get her windows bundled into the game at no further cost!

Maybe this *is* Maxis's way of trying to stop paysites.  With Windkeeper off TSR they only really have Cyclone Sue as their unique selling point.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #96 on: 2006 December 16, 21:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "AnneBonny"
So they gave you a bone and you are defending them? How disgustingly sweet.

Those of you faulting FAs for 'selling out' are being self righteous

Yes, yes I am. What's your point?

Selling custom content when it should be distributed for free is wrong. There is no excuse for it.

Not sweet. I'm far far from sweet. But thanks anyway.

Defending them? Nope. I see no reason they need defending. Just trying to give you a WHOLE picture to make judgement on. You'd rather be ignorant? OK, next time I'll stay quiet. You wanna be self righteous? OK with me. You go you pirate you.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #97 on: 2006 December 16, 22:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked out Shannanigan's stuff over at TSR. I can't imagine why someone with that much talent settles for being one of Thomas's bitches. :shock: Her stuff is well made and unique, but as long as it remains hidden in TSR's huge pile of crap, not many simmers get to enjoy it. If she could get over not getting money for her creations, she could easilly have quite a following.
momoryde
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #98 on: 2006 December 16, 23:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
I checked out Shannanigan's stuff over at TSR. I can't imagine why someone with that much talent settles for being one of Thomas's bitches. :shock: Her stuff is well made and unique, but as long as it remains hidden in TSR's huge pile of crap, not many simmers get to enjoy it. If she could get over not getting money for her creations, she could easilly have quite a following.

Mm-hmm. Like I said, she's one of the main reasons I'm willing to shell out for a TSR subscription - or was, their new policy on personal information sharing is making me reconsider.

The sucky thing about TSR, if you're someone like me who's way more into objects/furniture and Build Mode stuff than silly BodyShop crap, is that they have a handful of artists who are actually fantastically good at making stuff, and do it in unique personal styles that you can't really find replacements for anywhere else: Windkeeper (who, granted, is mostly just doing Maxis style stuff, but is damn good at it), Cashcraft, NoFrills, Shannanigan, DOT, etc etc. Even some of the SAs, like MsBarrows - I honestly don't know why SHE isn't an FA and some of the no-talents hacks they have are. They also have some retardedly good builders, like Tiko.

And yet, aside from Windkeeper and Sunair, who gets the most fellating and snuggly-fuzzies from the sheeps, and who clogs up the "Coming Soon" bar? The barbie-doll "Sim coutiers". Bah. I wish the FAs and SAs who made good STUFF (who, suprise suprise, seem to be some of the saner ones) would ditch TSR and set up their own site. Hell, I'd be willing to "donate" more just to see it happen.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #99 on: 2006 December 17, 00:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "momoryde"
Even some of the SAs, like MsBarrows - I honestly don't know why SHE isn't an FA

Possibly been offered it but didn't like the lock-in clauses?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I smell bullshit
« Reply #100 on: 2006 December 17, 00:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ms Barrows is a retired artist. Her new stuff is free, but not the old. I have actually been wondering whether they pay her for writing her stories to keep the sheep coming back. They're really well written and she has an impressive hit rate on her Soup legacy. She possibly doesn't deserve such suspicion, but Thomas does. I first wondered this before I discovered she was an RA, and depending on her reasons for retiring it may not be a possibility. Has anyone heard of this happening?

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #101 on: 2006 December 17, 00:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only interested in their medieval stuff.

Dragon

Quote from: "CynicalEden"
tsr is ridiculous.  their content is terrible.  the submission process doesn't even grade the work.  even the FA stuff isn't all that great. they just keep getting lower

want a Magical Ep!
JustMe
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #102 on: 2006 December 17, 01:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I'm one of those stupid people that know of this place and still sub to some sites. I like to donate to high-quality sites that give enough free stuff. I don't know why, but it makes me feel good. I'm not that stupid that I think it'll actually help them pay for bandwith, I have my own site and it's totally free so I know what it costs. It's just... I like to do the right thing once and awhile, thank people for the great stuff they make for me to put in my game and if it costs me a couple of bucks, then so be it.
I was thinking of getting a sub at TSR next month, just for he sake of supporting them. Because of this post, I know for sure I'll never support THAT site in my life. I have some free incentives left, and this place ofcourse  :lol:
I just can't believe their greediness, it's like they have a wallet with a big hole in it (reminds me of my ex). I wonder, when I donate to ATS, Holy Simoly, or even some more dubieus sites like 4ESF and Reflex, I know those people are buying dvd's and clothes and other stuff with my (and your) money, but that Thomas guy must have gotten himself some BMW cabrio's with that kind of businness.
I know I'm ranting here, so I'll just get to the point. I've read the comments at Windkeepers blog, and everyone just seems to think that if you're able to have a great computer, an internet connection and all of the ep's, you should be able to pay whatever TSR wants you to just because they have a few good creators that are stupid enough to put their shit there instead of a free site (like MTS, Yahoo Groups, whatever)?
What about the teenagers? Do they have to ask their parents money for a 'great new hair' for their sims? And the people that actually have to work hard for their money, struggle with their bills and have some mouths to feed? Do they have to say to their children: sorry honey, no dinner tonight, mommy has to buy a new bedroomset for Freakin' Bella Goth?
This just makes me sick. Sorry for making this post so long but I had to get it off my chest once. I'm sure none of you guys will actually read it, but hell, for as long as I live, I will never give half a penny to damn TSR!
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #103 on: 2006 December 17, 01:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not buying anything from them. I've olny bought from one site since I've started playing sims 2 and that was from Sims Connection and only because they had some medieval objects I wanted real bad.  And the price wasn't bad. 5.00 for a month so i just went through and downloaded what I wanted.  But, I won't do it again.  Because I feel they don't have the right to sell copyrighted cc and then tell me what I can and can not do with it.  Nope, don't think so.

Dragon

Quote from: "JustMe"
You know, I'm one of those stupid people that know of this place and still sub to some sites. I like to donate to high-quality sites that give enough free stuff. I don't know why, but it makes me feel good. I'm not that stupid that I think it'll actually help them pay for bandwith, I have my own site and it's totally free so I know what it costs. It's just... I like to do the right thing once and awhile, thank people for the great stuff they make for me to put in my game and if it costs me a couple of bucks, then so be it.
I was thinking of getting a sub at TSR next month, just for he sake of supporting them. Because of this post, I know for sure I'll never support THAT site in my life. I have some free incentives left, and this place ofcourse  :lol:
I just can't believe their greediness, it's like they have a wallet with a big hole in it (reminds me of my ex). I wonder, when I donate to ATS, Holy Simoly, or even some more dubieus sites like 4ESF and Reflex, I know those people are buying dvd's and clothes and other stuff with my (and your) money, but that Thomas guy must have gotten himself some BMW cabrio's with that kind of businness.
I know I'm ranting here, so I'll just get to the point. I've read the comments at Windkeepers blog, and everyone just seems to think that if you're able to have a great computer, an internet connection and all of the ep's, you should be able to pay whatever TSR wants you to just because they have a few good creators that are stupid enough to put their shit there instead of a free site (like MTS, Yahoo Groups, whatever)?
What about the teenagers? Do they have to ask their parents money for a 'great new hair' for their sims? And the people that actually have to work hard for their money, struggle with their bills and have some mouths to feed? Do they have to say to their children: sorry honey, no dinner tonight, mommy has to buy a new bedroomset for Freakin' Bella Goth?
This just makes me sick. Sorry for making this post so long but I had to get it off my chest once. I'm sure none of you guys will actually read it, but hell, for as long as I live, I will never give half a penny to damn TSR!

want a Magical Ep!
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #104 on: 2006 December 17, 01:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sweet. I'm far far from sweet. But thanks anyway.

You're quite welcome. Smiley

Defending them? Nope. I see no reason they need defending. Just trying to give you a WHOLE picture to make judgement on. You'd rather be ignorant? OK, next time I'll stay quiet. You wanna be self righteous? OK with me. You go you pirate you.

It's amazing that you know how to type but seem incapable of reading. Do go back and re-read my original response to Shannigan. I'm sure you'll see that I have a clear view of the ~whole~ picture.  :roll:

The fact remains is that TSR sucks for various reasons. Alike JustMe I will never give my money to them.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: