PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 02:10:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 100185 times)
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #180 on: 2006 December 28, 16:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Dr Pixel"

As for honesty, I suppose what you mean is since I bought the Sims2 game I can do whatever I want with it too, right?

Do you honestly think that you modifying game content = teams of people slaving away for months to create a game from scratch? B/c it's so not. This just gives a sense of the deluded ego that encourages the whole Sims 2 paysite epidemic.

I can understand being against pay sites, but being against ModTheSims2?  That whole site exists to promote exactly what you claim to believe in.  Is it because they do it in a positive way that you object to?

They're getting bashed for censorship. Not b/c they don't agree. But b/c they censor like mad and prevent free discourse on the issue. And for sharing personal info. Or creating a forum to do so.

That whole bit about "you are here, wew are here" and how you aren't subject to US copyright laws is an open admission that you are violating them, isn't it?

No. It's so touchy hosts don't cave to complaints. Plus it's cheaper apparently.

If you think I (or anybody else) is in violation of the Maxis EULA then you can report it to Maxis - if they choose to do nothing about it, or openly support it themselves, that's the end of it.

The same is true of this site. If you think this site's doing anything wrong, you can report it to Maxis, and if they choose to do nothing about it, that's the end of that, no?

So since we can both agree that this is a moot point, why not take your name calling and BS back to TSR? I'm sure the sheep there will be ready to bleat at every point you make.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I smell bullshit
« Reply #181 on: 2006 December 28, 18:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you were really concerned about your children, you wouldn't participate in a site that basically swindles money from unsuspecting people.  If you want to talk about morality, fix your own shortcomings first.  TSR is a cesspool of everything that's wrong with the Sims community right now, and as long as you're part of it, there's no moral highground for you to stand on.

So put up or shut up.
Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #182 on: 2006 December 28, 18:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

I haven't so much as requested that my stuff here be removed, and I really don't care about getting credit for it either.

As for honesty, I suppose what you mean is since I bought the Sims2 game I can do whatever I want with it too, right?

Like post copies of it for people to download?

Or, I don't know, maybe make items for the game and then put them on a paysite?

No, honesty doesn't go over well at this site - it kinda defeats the whole purpose of it, ya know.

It might make you think about what you are doing, and that wouldn't be good would it?

1) I personally don't give a fuck what you do with your crap.

2) If you want to post copies of the Sims 2 game, I really don't give a donkey's ass.

3) Shut up, and leave.

Sorry, he just makes me angry.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #183 on: 2006 December 28, 18:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

I haven't so much as requested that my stuff here be removed, and I really don't care about getting credit for it either.

Like post copies of it for people to download?

Or, I don't know, maybe make items for the game and then put them on a paysite?

No, honesty doesn't go over well at this site - it kinda defeats the whole purpose of it, ya know.

It might make you think about what you are doing, and that wouldn't be good would it?

Ya know, dropping the arrogant, smarter than everyone else attitude might lead to a real discussion.  :roll:
Super_Pirate_Dude
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #184 on: 2006 December 28, 18:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Ya know, dropping the arrogant, smarter than everyone else attitude might lead to a real discussion.  :roll:

Lol, that's what I was thinking.

FYI, dr p, you aren't that smart, if you can't be open-minded, or accept the fact that you are wrong, you will end up like carla, a ranting cat lady man thing
lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #185 on: 2006 December 28, 18:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stand by Dr Pixel.  His comments pretty much sum up my thoughts.
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #186 on: 2006 December 28, 18:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lordrichter"
I stand by Dr Pixel.  His comments pretty much sum up my thoughts.

You joined to make one comment that contributes nothing? :roll:

I wonder if it's another case of double/triple/whatever accounts. We seem to have had a lot of those lately.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #187 on: 2006 December 28, 19:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a common thing I believe.  A sheep joins simply to bleet in perfect agreement with its master.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #188 on: 2006 December 28, 19:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sums up everything I wanted to say.
lordrichter
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #189 on: 2006 December 28, 19:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.  Anyone who wouldn't agree with you must be a sheep.
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #190 on: 2006 December 28, 19:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lordrichter"
Yeah.  Anyone who wouldn't agree with you must be a sheep.

No. Passively nodding "I agree!" to everything - that is a sheep.
AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #191 on: 2006 December 28, 19:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I forget that there are "challenged" people in this world who find things difficult. If I had known, that this was lordrichter's case then I would have never responded to his first...erm... 'post'.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #192 on: 2006 December 28, 19:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jysudo: TSR FAs are best downloaded and not seen or heard.

Care to elaborate on your reasoning behind this comment? I'm interested in knowing why you prefer that I remain "not seen or heard".....

AnneBonny: At least now I have new respect for Grizzelda and NeptuneSuzy who share their creations off TSR for free.

Thanks for the compliment.....

For the record, I have a free site (ts2creations) and I upload to mts2 and TSR (as an FA). I don't mind going out on a limb and saying that I'm not being paid any big bucks by TSR, LOL!  I think there is a false impression that all FA's get some big cache to post over there and that's just not true.  When I first started making Sims2 content over 2 years ago when the game came out I uploaded to TSR because their interface for submitting was very simple and they gave you a nice little profile page. At that time mts2 was young and harder to navigate. Over time I became an FA, and made friends at TSR, thus I'm still there.

I don't really know what to say about the whole paysite debate..... I have a Free Site and I (as well as Grizzelda) want everyone to share and recolor our meshes.... one thrill as a creator is to see my meshes recolored! I also love to see my creations all over! Smiley Everytime I see a screenie with one of my Medieval Hair or Gown creations I'm thrilled!  
I'm also at TSR as an FA. I just want to make it clear that I'm not there for the alleged big bucks....I'm there for the community of friends that I've had for years now.  I understand that my creations over there are Pay items but that's a compromise I make.

I find it a little disheartening that many veiws in this thread are harsh and one sided.  And there also seems to be a fair amount anger here.  It might be a good thing to remember that everyone is an individual and has different reasons for their actions. And nothing is as simple as being black and white

Also I can't understand any of the negative opinions made against mts2, Delphy is the single most influencial person in the Sims2 community when it comes to Free Content!  Without mts2, a Free site, we wouldn't have the support to make CC.

I'm also disheartened and surprised by some of the responses to DrPixel, first of all he owns a free site (Blarney Stone) and has been contributing to the Sims1/Sims2 community for many years. What I find interesting is that there are so few posters Thanking him for his FREE contributions. Not only is the majority of his custom content available free, but the advice on creating content that he has given to so many people in the community is also done freely, as well as sharing freely any new techniques etc that he has developed.

One last point and then everyone can get the rocks ready to throw at me, LOL!

Simply put...."Two wrongs don't make a right". I understand that you find Pay Sites to be wrong and bad for the gaming community in general. That may be true, but copying someone's file in order to share it is also wrong.  It's always going to be theft of intellectual property, that's just a fact.  Now I know there will be responses from some of you that say much of the bitmap in most files etc is either from a Maxis creation or photoskinned from another site etc. Sure, sometimes that's true,  but not always.  For instance, 90% of the skirts I use on my gowns is rendered from a digital picture of my livingroom....I cut/pasted/etc from my curtains.  And many of my bitmaps contain ONLY art made from scratch, and I mean totally from scratch, just an empty feild in PSP.  For someone to copy and share that is simple theft of intellectual property.  It's wrong, and it's rude to anyone who created an original bitmap etc. And it's considered rude in all gaming communities when someone copies someone else's bitmap etc file without asking their permission first.
For me personally, after I create something I don't really care where it ends up etc. But someone else might. And the fact is that by copying their work you have infringed on their rights. At least state that you know what you're doing is wrong but you're going to do it anyway.  Personally, I respect Discolusure.....not only at paysites, but here also.

OK, throw those rocks.....just keep them small! LOL!

Smiley
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #193 on: 2006 December 28, 19:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "NeptuneSuzy"

Also I can't understand any of the negative opinions made against mts2, Delphy is the single most influencial person in the Sims2 community when it comes to Free Content! Without mts2, a Free site, we wouldn't have the support to make CC.

Well I thought that MTS2 became what it did b/c of Delphy and his girlfriend(?) that he...ya know...

And I think most of the negative comments aren't directed at MTS2 per se but some of Delphy's more recent actions, and those of his moderators (see above, around, lots of discussion on that here)

I'm also disheartened and surprised by some of the responses to DrPixel

I think it's his attitude that's generating such negative responses. His actions don't have anything to do w/it. If he's mean and pissy pple are going to be mean and pissy right back.

Personally, I respect Discolusure.....not only at paysites, but here also.

Well, w/ the amount of dissenting posters that regularly drop by to voice their side of things, I'd say this site has a pretty good record for full disclosure.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #194 on: 2006 December 28, 19:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Baa-Aa.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: