PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 09:02:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR doubles subs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR doubles subs?  (Read 47778 times)
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR doubles subs?
« Reply #60 on: 2008 March 09, 15:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF? Who is saying TSR is well organized!? It's horribly UNorganized. They have all these filters, but since many uploaders choose to ignore that function, you're not really helped that much if you choose 'skip sets' for instance.
They also have a whole lot of stuff in the wrong categories. A WHOLE LOT.
I only have and play the base game so I would know.
It's not only the free items that are categorized wrongly. It's all over the place.
They really need to step up.

This is one of the many, many reasons I don't go to TSR. A few weeks ago, I went there to download a computer tor my sims hat I had seen in someone's picture... never again. Once I got there, I wasn't even able to tell what expansion packs the download was compatible with, and attempting to look at the other computers was a nightmare. I ended up replacing it with a much better one from MTS2, and it was a heck of a lot easier to find. Smiley

I sing along with elevator music.
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 March 09, 21:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site is a nightmare to navigate.  You can't even look for something specific because a few weeks ago (or months, can't remember) I was looking for maxi's recolors but couldn't get the search engine to filter that stuff.  And slow!!  I'm on broadband and have to wait ages for the pages to load.  I haven't been there to download anything, including to see if there is pay stuff I would like, in ages - I prefer MTS2.

zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 March 09, 22:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is owned by oddjob media

http://www.oddjob.se/
http://www.oddjob.se/referenser.php

thoma$$ is listed as Art Director/HTML/CSS... jeebus. effing. expletivus.  my cats could build better, prettier, more functional websites!  and my cats are really stupid.  seriously, i just figured tsr was built using a free template they found online, lol.
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 March 10, 02:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-LURKER ALERT!- Don't worry I'll try to post as often as possible.

I wonder how many ignorant Americans are going to buy into this shit. I remember when I used to sub there before, thank goodness only once, before I knew about you guys. Thomas & company must know how weak the dollar is, so they jack up the cost for the Americans, and I'm "liking" the comment by

Quote from: Thomas the Scumbag

You are right raarchel, my bad. The VAT is applied for all currencies within the EU. And for those thinking we're doing this to take advantage of the weak dollar - think again. Up until now we have always exchanged from dollar to our currency (SEK), meaning each month as the dollar has been falling, so has our "real" income after the exchange. This is the main reason we've moved over to the Euro, which is a much more stable currency with a better future.
Original:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4262/screenshot090dh6.jpg

Right... then why are you converting to the Euro? With a price like that he's becoming worse than Peggy, and fergodsake, at least she got rid of her 99.99 sub. I love how Thomas love's to push things. Like the kudos hike. And stable currency my ass, the Euro is no more stable than the Dollar. If you have countries that get rid of the gold standard, you're fucked, but that's going into economics.

This comment is soo true, at least someone from over there has a discerning eye, I hope he does lose subs due to his little fiasco:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2807/screenshot089ng2.jpg
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 03:20:18 by fway » Logged

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 March 10, 03:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess would be that with the end of the Sims 2 fast approaching, Thomass is making one last desperate grab for cash. He's  attempting to get as much as he can while he can. That or maybe he just has a very small wank and needs the extra cash to compensate.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 March 10, 04:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess would be that with the end of the Sims 2 fast approaching, Thomass is making one last desperate grab for cash. He's  attempting to get as much as he can while he can. That or maybe he just has a very small wank and needs the extra cash to compensate.

You don't think he's going to go for The Sims 3?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 March 10, 07:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't think he's going to go for The Sims 3?

He will, but that's a while away.  I daresay that waiting what could potentially be 1.5 - 2 years needs some forward thinking.  He may also raise the prices pre- Sims 3, and might want to say (with the inevitable protests) that "hey, we've had this price since before sims 2 ended, we're only just raising it now!" as justification.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
NonnaKosten
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 March 10, 10:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like to know what that Thomas fellow would say if you ask him this very simple question:
Why do you charge for downloads when MTS2 don't?
I'm sure we all know the answer to that one, but it'd be interesting to hear his version. Not that you'd survive 2 seconds in The Censorship Resource with THAT question. Just... interesting.
Btw, why they raise subs for Americans more than for Europeans etc I don't get. Do they think you guys can't do math or what?
 Sad
Ps I'm from Denmark myself, so any bad English goes on that account  Grin
Sims2lvr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 March 11, 09:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like to know what that Thomas fellow would say if you ask him this very simple question:
Why do you charge for downloads when MTS2 don't?

Cuz he's a Fucking Asshole!  I must agree and say that I believe that TSR is going to fall...hard!  By EA not inviting them to the sneak peak of TS3, that kinda says it all.  I don't think this kind or recourse wouldn't have happen it people like Nouk hadn't stood up for people like us who were / are afraid of being banned.  Hooray for you Anouk...

I really believe that EA might try to make a stand against TSR especially for them making money off of their EULA...Am I the only one who thinks and feels this way  Sad.....

S2L
ravencat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 March 11, 09:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On Mar 10, 2008 Thomas|TSR wrote:
The price change will vary from month to month depending on how the dollar fares versus the euro - so it can be 17% one month, 12% another etc. It's hard to tell. If things move in the opposite direction we will of course be open to lowering our prices again as well.

Whats this clown think he's at the stock exchange. Angry  Look out Martha Stewart.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 11, 09:46:16 by ravencat » Logged
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 March 11, 12:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas is even more of an idiot than I thought.   Because of course people are willing to subscribe to a site that can change its price, WITHOUT WARNING,  from month to month. Roll Eyes  I'd bet that most of the current subscribers to TSR are young people who have to cajole money from mom and dad, and they're certainly not going to commit to a subscription that doesn't have a set price.

TSR can kiss its 6 and 12 month subs goodbye, at any rate.  Let's hope the 2 month sub follows down the same dark alley. Grin

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 March 11, 14:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the "we're going to charge for subscriptions, but our rates vary".  OMG.  I don't know why they just don't charge per download as well.  I mean, why stop there.  Roll Eyes  The only way I see this changing is if some of the more prominant FA's come forward and pitch a fit.  However, they may not have to.  From a financial standpoint, when you up prices in a struggling economy, you will lose approximately 1/3 of your business due to attrition or nonrenewal.  That's a significant amount.  If you also take those customers who generally subscribe for 6-12 months now only subscribing for 2 months at a time, that impact is also quite significant.  It limits long range planning and could potentially mean that those FA's who do not have a certain minimum of downloads or do not meet production standards/quantity, will be cut loose.  If you look at it from strictly a business perspective, it shows poor planning, lack of understanding GAP and ineffective/bad management practices.  All I can say "Keep Up The Good Work, Thomass!" 

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2008 March 11, 16:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It limits long range planning and could potentially mean that those FA's who do not have a certain minimum of downloads or do not meet production standards/quantity, will be cut loose.  If you look at it from strictly a business perspective, it shows poor planning, lack of understanding GAP and ineffective/bad management practices. 

Ah yes, but this is good business practice for Tom Ass.  He shouldn't have to pay all those FAs during the creative lull between Sims 2 and Sims 3.  He still gets to keep all their crap though - no matter what happens.  Plus, he's then not set up for if some of those FAs fail to transition well into Sims 3 - he can pick them up again - cause it's easier to upload to TSR than run your own paysite.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2008 March 11, 17:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that I just got canned as a SA (due to non production) I cannot imagine a better time to have had this happen. I couldn't deal with this crap.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 March 11, 17:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR and Sims 3?  I dont think so.  Here is my reasoning:

- in FT, a sim called Rod Humble (the actual name of the lead developer of Sims) bring to every new house a computer
- a computer with a skull & crossbones!!  really a llama skull with eyepatch and crossed celery and carrot
- he tells us to dare to open it; with a cryptic "can this be the way of the future?" line

it sure looks like a not so subtle hint that the 'pirate way' will be the way not the 'paysite way'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: