PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 21:56:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84207 times)
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« on: 2007 October 03, 01:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got done reading some of the MATY thread regarding Maxis "official" stance on BV and bugs, Securom, etc...........
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9814.0.html

and saw this on page 5 after Maxiod Sam comes in to post -

And I like the idea someone posted here to ask JM and TJ and whoever else up here to be beta testers for us before we go final.  If you're interested in doing so, please post and I'll get in touch with you.  

-sam

:shock: EAxis wants Pes? Noooooooooo..............we won't let it happen.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 03, 02:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see how them being beta-testers could possibly be a bad thing?
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 03, 02:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes said he was up for it if they did decide to go that route. I think it  would be a good thing, too bad they waited until the dance was almost over to make the offer.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 03, 02:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see it as a bad thing either. Pes and TJ have great rep for fixing the fuck-ups EAxis' team makes when creating the game. Better to have folks who know than folks who can't tell which end is up.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 03, 02:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. *shaking head* I refuse to share Pescado. I want those hacks/fixes before EAxis even knows they exist.
Helps with the "I'm superior" thing I got going on.

Ummm.....sarcasm?  :roll:
Actually a great read, I LOVE Lorelei's post on page 5.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 03, 02:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That whole "beta tester" thing was only a bone thrown out to the masses to get them to shut up and forget the issues at hand. It worked, too.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 03, 03:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...what have they been using all this time for beta testers?

Yeah, it's nice they're asking people with knowledge like Pes and TJ to be beta testers, but that means they haven't been testing efficiently.  That's been proven by the extremely bugged releases of Pets and now Bon Voyage (which I will not install until everything is straightened out).

What do they do when they test their games?  There is an excellent post on the MATY link where someone says most of the bugs/issues/whatever are found by average players within hours/few days of playing.  So seriously, what is EAxis doing over there?

They should pay everyone who buys their games before patches are releases, since it seems they are the real "beta-testers"..

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 03, 03:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
 So seriously, what is EAxis doing over there?

Looking at pr0n.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
dasha
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 03, 03:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's nice they're asking people with knowledge like Pes and TJ to be beta testers, but that means they haven't been testing efficiently.  That's been proven by the extremely bugged releases of Pets and now Bon Voyage (which I will not install until everything is straightened out).

Meh. I won't even buy Bon Voyage until they hammer out the bugs and get the hamsters running properly again. And I've urged my Sims2-playing friends to hold off on buying that EP for at least 3 or 4 months - when EA finally comes up with a patch.

And don't get me wrong. I want Bon Voyage. It's just that I learned way back, when I got University, that buying any Sims2 expansions before the patch comes out is a bad idea.

The other day, I pointed out to my husband how funny it is that it takes months for Maxis to make a patch, and it only takes a couple of days for CC creators to do the same thing - for free. He said, "At least they don't force bugged updates on you and make you pay twelve bucks a month to play" (he plays World of Warcraft), which kind of put things into perspective. We can actually wait to install EPs. People who play MMOs can't. Aren't we lucky? Tongue
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 03, 04:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Lorelei FTW - GREENPLUS GREENPLUS!  :lol: I about piddled (her other post was also great, but made me more mad at EA than, y'know, giggly).

What's freaking me (and everyone) out is that some people are losing the functionality of their drives/burners.  W  T  F   :evil:   And I've had my eyes pasted to MATY for several days and this stuff, removal methods and whatall, is flying over my head.  I'm feeling very out of my depth, which wasn't deep to begin with.  I'm scared to even try my burner - I don't want that stress right now.  

Ironically, my game's running quite nicely - I bypass the launcher, cut off internet access while I play, I have an ATI card, it's not snowing, and I trimmed CC.  Oh, and all the MATY fixes installed, natch...and I'm STILL somehow screwed somewhere down the road.

People were screaming for EA to consult Pescado, et al, back when Uni was pooping all over people's games.  EA is the leading expert in kicking their own asses, time and again.  EA IS NOT CAPABLE OF LEARNING.  This is my conclusion.  We wouldn't be having this conversation right now if they were.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 03, 04:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dasha"
We can actually wait to install EPs. People who play MMOs can't. Aren't we lucky? Tongue

As someone who plays MMOs, I can say that yes, Sims players are very lucky. lol

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 03, 05:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, what I'm wondering is:  Should the employee of a company that is pretty much based on customer satisfaction be talking to their customers like this?

Quote from: "MaxoidSam"
But what I'm wondering is, if you all are so convinced that we're the buggiest game ever, and it seems to make you all so angry, why do you keep buying them?  Why are you paying for such aggravation?

Thanks for the compliment!  Yet you still have a choice when it comes to how you spend your free time.  Why pay your hard earned cash to be unsatisfied?  

Look, don't get me wrong.  Obviously I'm glad you all are customers.    I just see your posts on our BBS and I wonder "Why do they bother?  They seem so angry."

Why do we bother?  Okay, we won't, then you'll be out of a job.  Sound good?  Because with those two statements, you should be in deep shit with your boss.

What MaxoidSam said is downright insulting to customers of this game - people who help pay HIS salary.

I seriously think this should be emailed/phoned in/complained in some manner to EA Games'  Human Resources or Public Relations Department, whichever one handles dumb employees running their mouths off at customers and pretty much telling them "fine, don't buy the games, then you won't have to worry about bugs and patches!!"

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 03, 06:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JFederated"
Oh, Lorelei FTW - GREENPLUS GREENPLUS!  :lol: I about piddled (her other post was also great, but made me more mad at EA than, y'know, giggly)

LoreleiSim: I GREET YOU, JFEDERATED! GREEN PLUS! GREEN PLUS! PINK HEARTS OF FRIENDSHIP!

Smiley

Glad you liked it.

And SecuROM? RED MINUS!

EA? RED MINUS, RED MINUS! DAGGER THROUGH HEART!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 03, 07:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, what I'm wondering is:  Should the employee of a company that is pretty much based on customer satisfaction be talking to their customers like this?

But what I'm wondering is, if you all are so convinced that we're the buggiest game ever, and it seems to make you all so angry, why do you keep buying them?  Why are you paying for such aggravation?

Thanks for the compliment!  Yet you still have a choice when it comes to how you spend your free time.  Why pay your hard earned cash to be unsatisfied?  

Look, don't get me wrong.  Obviously I'm glad you all are customers.    I just see your posts on our BBS and I wonder "Why do they bother?  They seem so angry."

Why do we bother?  Okay, we won't, then you'll be out of a job.  Sound good?  Because with those two statements, you should be in deep shit with your boss.

What MaxoidSam said is downright insulting to customers of this game - people who help pay HIS salary.

I seriously think this should be emailed/phoned in/complained in some manner to EA Games'  Human Resources or Public Relations Department, whichever one handles dumb employees running their mouths off at customers and pretty much telling them "fine, don't buy the games, then you won't have to worry about bugs and patches!!"

I can't believe he actually said that given his position. Not only is it somewhat condescending, but it sounds like he's talking down to everyone. Their PR department should definitely know, that's not cool. I took some PR classes in college, and that's definitely something we would have been told NOT to do.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 03, 07:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So instead of getting their shit together and figuring out what it is they're doing wrong that's making their customers "so angry", the maxoids instead assume that it's all our problem. That's just stupid beyond words.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: