PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 12:10:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84602 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 04, 00:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*claps* Well said Lorelei! I wouldn't even YO HO HO BV because everybody is having so many problems. :lol: And I love how it's our fault that we buy broken stuff. Because we ABSOLUTELY know it's broken before we buy it. So we just shouldn't buy it, says an employee of EA.

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 04, 01:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does the ARR version definitely not come with SuckuRom, and won't bork my pc?  Cuz if so, point me in the right direction plzthx.  It doesn't specify whether or not it comes with it, hence my asking, I certainly know where to find ARR versions Wink

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 04, 03:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a different problem with BV then everyone else. My hair, make-up and clothes cc icon disappeared. All my furniture, build, etc...was there. I did everything. The BS trick, deleting cache and thumbnails and allowing them to rebuild. Even uninstalling and reinstalling still wasn't there. I even went so far as to add one hair at a time and remove it add a different one, nope never showed up. Tried doing a basic recolor of a Maxis outfit in BS...I just do not get a CC on hair make-up or clothes. In fact when there is no CC you still should get the little star, it's just see through when it's not recognizing CC. I get nothing in those three things, not even the little star to recognize CC. Wrote to Tech support they never answered me back. So now BV has gone from my PC.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
aingeal
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 04, 05:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skimmed through the first few pages of the linked thread and... wow. MaxoidSam would have a heck of a lot of explaining to do to his bosses, if he didn't get fired on the spot - unless he's a lot higher up the food chain than i assume he really is. He sounded incredibly unprofessional. Even if he was on the forum on his own time, he ought to have displayed far greater sensitivity to the situation than he did.

i wanted to buy BV, but reading about all the issues people have been having with it, and how the ahem, alternate version seems to be better, i might just get that instead.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 04, 06:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see.

The extra want slot reward lasts for 48 hours only. The rest of the vacation rewards last for the same amount of time, except for Productive. That one lasts for 24 hours only. To check on the duration of the effect or to see how much time your sim has left on each benefit he or she had chosen, just hover over the specific sim's portrait (the one in columns).

I saw a thread on BBS that said so, so bury me in shit and paysite shit. (Fine line between them, shit has more class)

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 04, 11:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have Suckurom on my laptop, but I'm pretty sure that came with H&M - the ARR version that I got from Torrentspy has never given me any problems. I would get it from Piratebay though, cus then you can see feedback from other downloaders.

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 04, 13:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

New threads on the BBS regarding class action stuff. I wonder how long the threads will last?

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=5a628097f9acb90e4b61532fa11ac8c1&directoryID=21&startRow=1&openItemID=item.21,root.1,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
seapup
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 04, 14:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the ARR! version does come complete with secuROM. The only way that I've seen to avoid secuROM is to install, legal or ARR doesn't matter, and never use the launcher or the supplied Sims2EP6.exe. Instead get the Fairlight nocd crack from Game Burn World and only use that.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 04, 14:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've gone yarking mad over there.  Haven't seen so many repetitive posts since boolprop testingcheats was exposed to the masses.

Gah.  I was really hoping I wouldn't have to get schooled in 'crack'.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 04, 14:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm lovin it. *sitting back with popcorn* I re-stored my computer to before H&M was installed and now CD burning program is working again. But yea, you're right.  I can't believe I'm actually resorting to DL'ing a crack.  :shock: I wonder how many "legitimate" consumers have been turned into pirates as a result of this.  :wink:

I also just had a thought........wonder if TSR is allowing any posts about Securom on their forums? Or are they planning to take a stand IN FAVOR OF EAxis in order to further their own interests?  :roll:  :?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 04, 14:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I not that tech savvy, so I didn't know about Securom. Can it actually break your computer? And how can I get rid of it if it is so bad?
 :shock:

Is there any more info about this somewhere? For dummies? Maty? Link, plz!

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 04, 14:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Requip"
I wonder how many "legitimate" consumers have been turned into pirates as a result of this.

*Raises hand* I just learned to work torrents a few weeks ago, so I could get some anime I like, but now with all this going on I have to admit that I am really thinking about going the ARR rout.

As for TSR, i doubt they would allow it, they try to keep their forums so clean and free from any sort of debate. So I doubt they would want their sheep to know, esp. since they themselves are guilty of the whole ad ware/spy ware thing. Although if it borkes enough of the sheep's computers, as in they are unable to download or something, then maybe.

ETA: Alia, I don't know much about it either, but from what I gather, it is not so much the SecuROM itself that causes the problem with the computers. The   problems seem to come from rootkits that can be installed by the SecuROM, which seems to basically give viruses and nasty things a nice place to hide in your computer. Oh and the big thing for me is that there is no mention of any of that stuff being installed, when you put the EP or stuff pack on your computer. So even if it was completely harmless they still install it with out your permission, or even knowledge.
poopdeckswabber
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 04, 15:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was cursed with lags from hell today. There is nothing but "normal-1" time anymore. My printer is no longer recognized, no cpu game but BV works (read errors), and Mcafee says that it isn't registered all of a sudden. What the hell is this? Anyone wanna share how to fix this shit before I blow my top with the computer? I'd hate to take out the aggression on my beloved computer.

liases:  Cadesmama2 and Angelicvictory and Littletimmysmom
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 04, 15:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Poopdeckswabber"
Okay, I was cursed with lags from hell today. There is nothing but "normal-1" time anymore. My printer is no longer recognized, no cpu game but BV works (read errors), and Mcafee says that it isn't registered all of a sudden. What the hell is this? Anyone wanna share how to fix this shit before I blow my top with the computer? I'd hate to take out the aggression on my beloved computer.

There seems to be two different fixes over at the bbs, but I think they both involve removing BV and H&M, So you wont be able to use either of those.

Fix one
fix two
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 04, 15:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, Lily! Smiley

Poopdeckswabber, we're not really a tech help forum. Maybe you could ask about it at MATY?

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: