PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 18:21:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39290 times)
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« on: 2007 July 22, 03:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say this is a step in the right direction:

The Short Rules

1. Any uploads to MTS2 that require pay content will no longer be accepted for upload!

2. Any uploads to MTS2 that have optional pay content will no longer be accepted for upload!

3. All content must be showcased using free content only.

This is definitely going to put a big hurt on the paysites.  
I think the pirates are going to win this battle.
Although that does kind of put a dent in pay file sharing.  Oh well, I guess thats what the official sites and personal sites are for Smiley

ETA: Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, or has already been posted somewhere.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 22, 03:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Clementyne"

So... uploaders can only use free content in their screenshots showing what they're offering for download? Or am I reading that wrong?

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 22, 03:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone else notice at the bottom of Delphy's post he mentioned he's leaving the community for awhile

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 22, 03:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duckie, good question. Hopefully Delphy, HystericalParoxysm, or Lethe will see this and answer how that will work logistically.

Noodles, I think that's been on his sig for a while.

I say BRAVO, MTS2.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 22, 03:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodles"
Did anyone else notice at the bottom of Delphy's post he mentioned he's leaving the community for awhile

He's said that before I think.  I think if he leaves even for just a couple weeks he announces it.

So... uploaders can only use free content in their screenshots showing what they're offering for download? Or am I reading that wrong?

I got that they just don't want people advertising for paysites.  Like "hey, get this hot hair at Peggy's for only $toomuch".  And they want dls in pics credited more.  They're getting tired of WCIF in the creator feedbacks.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 22, 03:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked the part about no TSR crap. I don't download anymore, and wouldn't search the booty for a mesh for some thing I was downloading so it doesn't affect me.

Good Job, MTS2!
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 22, 04:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Any uploads to MTS2 that have optional pay content will no longer be accepted for upload!

I don't understand this one. Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me please?

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Alphess
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 22, 04:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand this one. Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me please?

My understanding is that, for example, if you made a set of lipsticks, and you have a model with fabulous pay hair in your screenshots, that is what won't be allowed. Makes sense to me, if you're not offering the hair, people will constantly ask, where's the hair from and it only serves to give the paysite a free ad.

However, it seems that if you have a sim that you are uploading, with only free content on it, and there happens to be a corner of a pay site table in the pic, that will be ok, because it's unlikely that the bit of table will get much attention...

In general, I think it's a good policy.

'm not really a pirate, but I play one on the intarwebz.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 22, 04:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, got the link for the thread and read the whole thing.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=240944 if you want to read the whole thing too.

The answer to my question was in there along with a lot of other really good stuff.

Oh, and that note about Delphy taking a break from the community has been in his sig for a while now. So far it hasn't happened yet that I've seen.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 22, 04:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and, you can't credit it, nor can you answer a wcif about it.

You realize, of course, that the no-TSR policy is going to produce that which we love so much:

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 22, 04:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well TSR did that to MTS2 and they tried to recruit people from mts2. TSR got what it deserves and so did the rest of the paysites. *Passes around rum and Juicy Juice*  Cheesy Juicy Juice is the shizz.

ETA: TSR and other paysites can still get free ads. Their stuff can be on MTS2 if it's free.

This specifically means content that requires you to pay money or donate to acquire it. To put it differently, this is content that is not accessible by regular members or requires some kind of monetary contribution to gain access to. This includes items from TSR, Simslice, ExnemSims, Peggy Sims and Rose Sims. Items that are always free for download on a site that also contains donation or pay items are ok.

Edit # 2: Except TSR
We will not allow recolours of anything that is on TSR - free or not - due to their ever changing rules. Recolouring free items that are always free from other sites is ok, but obviously we would prefer you only recolour items that are on free sites anyway.

Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 22, 04:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is interesting, I wonder what caused this sudden burst of activism.

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
Alphess
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 22, 05:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shotgun_mary"
This is interesting, I wonder what caused this sudden burst of activism.

I'm not sure it's so sudden, Delphy has been quite active in the paysites debates on S2C lately. Mostly he seems to be wanting to find ways to promote free sites over pay sites.... he has even offered help to free site owners needing technical advice....

'm not really a pirate, but I play one on the intarwebz.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 22, 05:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hells yeah!  If you remember you probably don't I raged "war" with elmazz sisters over them uploading stuff on mts2 with screen shots of models loaded with pay items.

Yay for MtS2!

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 22, 05:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Hells yeah!  If you remember you probably don't I raged "war" with elmazz sisters over them uploading stuff on mts2 with screen shots of models loaded with pay items.

Yay for MtS2!
I remember that, actually. Isn't that the time when they stormed off in a huff, saying something along the lines of "fine, if you don't appreciate us enough then we're gone from MTS2"? And the only reason they ever uploaded that eyeset was to advertise everything else on the model. Feh.

This is a great change for MTS2, indeed, and it makes me all pleased and stuff. I actually don't mind pay items in pictures like that, but the less advertising the better I guess. I get the feeling that we're going to be seeing a lot more Nouk hair on models.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: