PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:13:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Pimp My Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pimp My Sims  (Read 45224 times)
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 14, 06:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was cold when they took the picture, so scarves are practical? I like men in scarves, as long as they aren't ascots. And to answer a question, we know he is gay because he is involved in a website called Gay Sims Club 2 (not everyone there is gay, but the ones that are don't hide it, of course).

Anyway, his logic may be a bit circular there, but at least he is trying to look at it from both sides. He doesn't come out and say that we are evil, evil people who should be erraticated, he does say there is some validity in our point, though he disagrees. Really, that's what more can we ask for than for people to actually take a look at our position even if they disagree?

And I agree with him that they should call purchases by their real names. If this is their job and how they "feed their kids", they should be taxed on it just like everyone else. You can't claim that this is your livelyhood, then claim to be accepting donations when the tax man comes.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 14, 06:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
You can't claim that this is your livelyhood, then claim to be accepting donations when the tax man comes.

I wish I could use this logic when it comes to certain so-called nonprofit organizations.
avic
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 14, 08:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
I had to post as well. Hope I made my point well enough.

Meh, he could be the best-looking man in the world, but it wouldn't excuse the number of typos he made in his message.  :lol:

'Zactly.  I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers, BUT - to move onto his blog entry...

The purpose of grammar, spelling, and good writing is to make your point clear and easily understood by others.  To make it compelling.  If I'm having to read and re-read a sentence twice to understand it, I'm going to discount it.  I may even think the person writing the piece is an idiot.  I'm not saying he is; I'm just saying if he wanted to get his point out to more people and actually make people think about what he's saying (as opposed to thinking about what it is he's trying to say)... well, a proof-read and a spell-check wouldn't have hurt.

And the sad thing is, I suspect I probably agree with some of his viewpoints, but I'm not going to spend 30 minutes trying decipher it this late at night/early in the morning.

Meh.  I'll cut him some slack - he's German, and considering the fact that I only speak two languages (english and profane ;-)) I won't fault him for less than perfect command of the language.
avic
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #48 on: 2006 November 14, 08:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was cold when they took the picture, so scarves are practical? I like men in scarves, as long as they aren't ascots. And to answer a question, we know he is gay because he is involved in a website called Gay Sims Club 2 (not everyone there is gay, but the ones that are don't hide it, of course).

Anyway, his logic may be a bit circular there, but at least he is trying to look at it from both sides. He doesn't come out and say that we are evil, evil people who should be erraticated, he does say there is some validity in our point, though he disagrees. Really, that's what more can we ask for than for people to actually take a look at our position even if they disagree?

And I agree with him that they should call purchases by their real names. If this is their job and how they "feed their kids", they should be taxed on it just like everyone else. You can't claim that this is your livelyhood, then claim to be accepting donations when the tax man comes.

He looks like he's freezing his ass off, to me.  So man-scarf forgiven ;-)

The article gets a bit easier to understand towards the end.  Given that he's not a native english speaker, I can overlook a lot.  A lot of the run-on sentence structure and what-not is probably because he's thinking German and then trying to translate.

And lastly, I'd never even thought of the donation/IRS thing.  Yikes!  Question, though - does PayPal report to to anyone?  Or is it all just cash-under-the-table?  I've sold some stuff and taken payments over PayPal, but not in any serious amounts - mostly the odd eBay sale.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #49 on: 2006 November 14, 08:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liegenschonheit I was actually more joking about how I technically live under a rock now in the sims community.  Besides here and SFV I don't get out much. Wink

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Horrible spelling and some more
« Reply #50 on: 2006 November 14, 08:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

i feel very sorry having caused headaches for some of you. Should anyone still experience headache or something comparable, please drop me a line and i can try collect some donations for you.

I maybe should have double-checked it, but i simply wasn't in the mood to do this, even it would maybe been better to do so.

But I really do not understand why some of you get so upset about this. Noone forces you to read and if you feel your brain beeing in danger, just stop reading and browse to another site. If you would write me in german, I would try do decipher it and if i wasn't able to do it, i would maybe ask for clarification. You would never receive a "if you can't write in german, just don't do it" message from me.

And yes, it has been scary cold when the picture was made.

Solander

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Horrible spelling and some more
« Reply #51 on: 2006 November 14, 08:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Solander"
Hi everyone,

i feel very sorry having caused headaches for some of you. Should anyone still experience headache or something comparable, please drop me a line and i can try collect some donations for you.

I maybe should have double-checked it, but i simply wasn't in the mood to do this, even it would maybe been better to do so.

But I really do not understand why some of you get so upset about this. Noone forces you to read and if you feel your brain beeing in danger, just stop reading and browse to another site. If you would write me in german, I would try do decipher it and if i wasn't able to do it, i would maybe ask for clarification. You would never receive a "if you can't write in german, just don't do it" message from me.

And yes, it has been scary cold when the picture was made.

Solander

Aww I feel bad now.  I don't think your post was that confusing, I was able to make a summary out of it.  I think we were having a bit of fun, as we were about other things in the thread, sorry if you took offense to it.   I don't think anyone meant that you aren't entitled to an opinion because English is not your first language.  English is my first language and I am a terrible speller.  

Thanks for coming on and explaining yourself so civilly

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #52 on: 2006 November 14, 08:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about your English, Solander. I don't think many people realized English was your second language. The fact that you write in more than one language is a really impressive thing, I think. And like I mentioned before, I am glad that you decided to look at the issue from all angles, even if you do disagree with us in principle. I wish more people would do so.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #53 on: 2006 November 14, 12:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When i decided to start a blog, I thougt about posting in german or english. I did choose english for one main reason. And this is, that as many people as possible can read it. If i had posted in german, about 10% or less of you guys would even had a chance to read.

So i did choose english, even i often feel not that confident. I know my spelling is sometimes a little "different". Maybe this is less important and less obvious, if i talk about something like meshes etc., but if I try to translate difficult german thoughts into english text, grammar and spelling sometimes sustain damage.

But the message was, that i do not agree with "free poor and lonely pay packages" supporters, even if I do understand some of the motives. And this should have survived the translation.

Solander

Edit: I'm really surprised how many information about me is available. I did not even think someone would notice at which sites i am registered or where I did post some time ago or what country i'm from Smiley

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #54 on: 2006 November 14, 13:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"
He should have wrote less and posted more pictures of himself.

I agree.

edit: oh and english is not my native language either.

avic
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #55 on: 2006 November 14, 13:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:oops: Okay, I'm feeling pretty crunchy.  :waves at Solander:  Oh, just to make it clear, I apologize.  I agree with Liegen, you made an effort to see both sides of the argument.  And, the funny thing is, I agree with you for the most part.  I made a lot of your same arguments yesterday.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #56 on: 2006 November 14, 14:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My english is far worse than your, don't worry; I know how much it's difficult to think in a language (italian, to me) and write it down in another one.

I'm glad when someone - like you - spend some time and effort trying to collect informations and thinking about an issue, instead of get rid of all the matter with some stereotyped sentences.

Now, going back to the real important thing: would you upload some more pictures of yourself? *jocking* Cheesy

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #57 on: 2006 November 14, 15:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was cold when they took the picture, so scarves are practical?

Well, y'know, heaven forbid that someone not dress like the fashionistas in SoCal dictate, no matter where they live or what season it is. Eyeroll.
Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Horrible spelling and some more
« Reply #58 on: 2006 November 14, 19:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Solander"

Am I the only one getting a seriously good laugh out of this bit? Cheesy

Huh, that reminds me, I'm almost out of Excedrin.
avic
ARR!

View Profile
Pimp My Sims
« Reply #59 on: 2006 November 14, 19:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of this thread.  And Solander appears to be being a good sport about it, so that got him points in my book.  Not that he prolly gives a rat's batoot, but hey.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: