PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 18:05:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims  (Read 128085 times)
tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #165 on: 2007 September 27, 04:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, but if you get sick, just don't be anywhere near me!

Tim
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 September 27, 07:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leaves me wanting to collect AG's Sims, dress them up in bright cheerful floral patterns, make them healthily plump and innocently blond, snap the shots of them farting at the table, catching butterflies or doing something equally mysterious and gothy, and make a LJ just to post the pictures. Taunting pseudo-Goths is such a sweet and not really guilty pleasure of mine :mrgreen:

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2007 September 27, 08:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then, do it  :lol:

And you'll like this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UgJWp2bRSM

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 September 27, 08:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Well then, do it  :lol:

And you'll like this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UgJWp2bRSM

Aahahahahaha! This thing is soooo going to get forwarded a lot, thank you! :mrgreen:

As for Aikea's tribe, methinks I still have Tristan the Floating Disembodied Head somewhere in campus, but no others. Will redress him into something by Parsimonious next time I visit campus, that's for sure.

Cool

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2007 September 27, 08:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an Aussie show.  One of the best.

Here's their website - they got lotsa clips - and you download the whole thing.

http://abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 September 27, 09:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
Her heart breaks every time she sees a Sim with hair she made? WTF? Most creators are thrilled to have their creations used.

Anyone who takes their Sims that seriously should really stop playing the game.

If my heart broke every time I saw someone use my stuff I'd take it as a lesson to stop uploading and sharing the things! :roll:  As it is I sometimes post up youtube links to where I've seen people using my stuff cos I like seeing my work put to use.  

Perhaps Aikea feels better about her emotional pain now she's getting paid for it.  And while I like her outfits I see nothing spectacular about Tristan (I had to kill the fug children he fathered in my game) and the rest of her sims :roll:

And Cala you is mean and evil  Tongue (forwards on clip to my be-eyelinered boys.)
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2007 September 27, 10:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deception Pass is the sort of soap opera that gets aired after midnight.

I have Tristan but don't find him attractive. I would have deleted him, but that would have made her happy and there's room on my external HD for him.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Re: I know this may be considered necromancy... but...
« Reply #172 on: 2007 September 27, 10:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dispossessive"

Corbin Elliott was made to be a pompous little prick that banged everything that moved, dressed in a way more Hot Topic “emo” style, and didn't play any instruments. He just sang in the band. Also, Corbin was a 21 year old human. <snip>He wasn't a tortured soul, didn't wear all black (or purple), didn't have the same facial features at all. Corbin had a more pointy little nose & chin thing going on, like... femme. Tristan was/is very obviously a dude, despite his constant whining.

Tristan is pompous too, but he doesn't bang anything since he's so emo. Or something. And the whining! He's like a teenage girl. A major turn-off in a man. :roll:

On top of her arrogant attitude, her stories just aren't that good. All the drama of V.C. Andrews, Anne Rice and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, none of the intrigue. Her stories are the sort of thing I'd have been into when I was a 14 year old little pseudo-goth, which I feel I have grown up from. She seems to think she invented not-so-subtle greek mythology links, vampire sims, vampire musicians and the angst that comes from mortals & vampires falling in love, when really... Anne Rice has been doing this since she was 7 years old or something.

Oh, god, yes. Finally somebody agrees with me. I actually read through the first season of DP, because everyone were like, OMG, it's so fantastic, the best sims story evah!!! and I figured it had to get good at some point, but it didn't. And when I tried to start reading the second season, it was so mind-numbingly boring I just could not go on.

And the greek mythology thing? Everyone was commenting on it like it was something that was never done before, and brilliant, and I thought it was rather obvious and done badly to boot. Oo, the triple goddess, yawn. I wonder what she's talking about? Hecate and the furies, mayhaps?

I've read so much better sims stories on S2C. In fact, AG's stories would be better if she concentrated on writing the stories instead of having the sims act them out, since the sims actually cannot act and the pictures lack drama and movement.

All that aside? She makes absolutely stunning stuff. Though it disgusts me that she thinks people ought to pay to use her pixels, I have enjoyed downloading her stuff here, knowing that I didn't pay a goddamn cent for it.

Her CC is indeed pretty. And it is the reason why people want her sims. I tried recreating some of her sims and realised that all her men look exactly the same. In the end I got some sims to be really close to her originals, but then tweaked them more because I thought I could actually make them look better. In the end my Chris and Deanna are much better looking than hers while they still do not look like maxis sims.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 September 27, 10:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I just want to laugh when I see Aikea's sims. I'd love to see her sims all plumped up and happy with kids instead of moody, emo 20-30 year old.

EA created Vampires in the game for fun and now Aikea's using it for her stories to do something UNIQUE? -guffaw choke spleen scabula seizure-

I've read way better stories on the exchange like the Vampire Chronicles (a light, upbeat legacy) and the Prettacies. These are much better stories that use half the effort.

So basically, isn't Deception Pass an emo Friends?

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Re: I know this may be considered necromancy... but...
« Reply #174 on: 2007 September 27, 11:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Voide"

She's an avid fan of Neil Gaiman, and draws most of her inspiration from his stories, ie plopping in The Three in her story. I suppose she's trying to follow Gaiman's style since he is quite fond of using the Triple Goddess in most of his works, but it's not only that...There are other aspects that strongly reminds me of Gaiman's influence. Whenever I read her stories, I feel like I'm reading a cheap knock-off version of Gaiman's with a mix of Buffy. She can keep the cheesy Buffy, but I wish she'd stop borrowing ideas from Mr Gaiman.

Yeah, I thought it might have been something like that. The reason why she is not successful in her attempts is because she is just a hack ripping off Neil, whereas Neil is actually recreating something of his own using existing myths or creating his own from scratch (see Sandman and American Gods). That, and Neil can write.

Quote from: "Voide"
And to think her fans are suggesting and supporting the idea of a live-action series of Deception Pass...

Oh god, no.   :shock:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2007 September 27, 11:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikea is no where as good as Neil Gaiman. PERIOD.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 September 27, 13:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to laugh at me if you want, but I too have sims that I wouldn't want to share. Slapping one together in BS in ten minutes is one thing, I'd happily share those. But I have a few based on characters in stories I've written, or characters I've roleplayed a lot, and the thought of someone downloading one of those, giving it a gappy Peggy-hair and a dress from Carla Nieven makes me cringe.

Yeah, it's slightly obsessive, but the characters in my stories are very real to me. Then again, I seldom show those chars to people either, so they don't know what they're missing out on. :lol: And if someone DID get their hands on them somehow, I wouldn't be a fucking bitch about it like she seems to be. So... meh. Dunno.

Neil Gaiman is the best, by the way.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 September 27, 14:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...

I've tried reading Deception Pass and can't get into it. But I am not one for sim stories, so thats no surprise.

...And:

<Snip>She seems to think she invented not-so-subtle greek mythology links, vampire sims, vampire musicians and the angst that comes from mortals & vampires falling in love, when really... Anne Rice has been doing this since she was 7 years old or something <Snip>

Meh all writers get influenced by other writes, artists, etc. You can't blame her for being influenced by others..delibaretly lifting plots and characters is another thing, but I dont think she does that - do not get me started on JK Rowling >.< Now that is lifting to the max

<Snip>Another thing: She claims that the tattoos she uses for her sims are meaningful and unique, except the only one I can remember is the one on Tristan's back (angel wings?), and I have friends with practically the same tattoo, and none of them have heard of her stupid little story.<Snip>

Nah he has more then that one - from what I remember from her preview pics where she uses him as a model, he has a kinda celtic red design on an upper arm, and another one, as well as the large back piece. They are nice tats. I want them  Cheesy

And the conversations which I have had with Aikea, she is always nice and pleasant...a bit blunt, but nothing rude. Am sorry to hear you (dispossessive) had a bad experience with her...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2007 September 27, 14:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All this talk about *exclusive* sims makes no sense to me.

Anyone can make the same sim as another if they study it long enough. If you don't want your shit out there, don't fucking give it away.

I'm stumped as to why these sims mean so much to people. They're pretend!
It's like having a barbie and saying no one else can buy the same one.

Kiddy stuff.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 September 27, 15:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "goodbye_sun"
Dispossessive wow, I knew she and her cronies can be a little possessive that is a bit on the extreme side. I have been snapped at by the LJ cult of Aikea a couple of times myself, and that was enough high maintenance experience for me. Seriously if she isn’t after the attention, or happy to see people enjoying and using her stuff, or willing to take a bit criticism now and again,  she shouldn’t bloody well put herself or her content out into the public realm.

Her "cult" snapped at you. I mean I like that story that she writes with her friend but not everything she does is fucking great. The funny thing about her is that she says she doesn't want the attention yet she does. It's a long twisted convoluted mess.

And Ry, I agree.

Voide, The Three has been around since god knows how long. I even have a version of The Three (or Triple Goddess as I call them) in my own story that I'm working on.

And yeah, she's heavily influenced by Neil Gaiman, but then again so am I.

And lastly, least we forget there is another person who writes DP also. She's nicer from what I hear though.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: