PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 22:34:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84728 times)
kristalrose
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #270 on: 2007 October 16, 01:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nordicicequeen"
From my experience as a customer service representative, I can say that the right response to the situation (with dignity and respect for the customers feelings) would be:
"I apologize for the inconvenience you are suffering through. I understand that there are a lot of problems/bugs going on with the game. We are currently trying to work through these problems to better serve our customers. I would like to thank you for pointing this out to us, we'll be on it as soon as possible."

At my job we have a 4 step program called L.A.S.T.
Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

Every time someone calls on the phone with a complaint we have to use this.Haha. Sorry I talk on the phone to people for a job right now, and I finally got used to being screamed at and treated like crap. This is usually the best way to calm a customer down, I find, but you have to watch your tone, because even if you don't mean for it to sound rude or pretentious, it can.

Do you work for AAA Carolinas?  Smiley  Because that's where I work (I'm a trainer at the call center) and everything you've posted sounds very familiar to me.  Smiley
kristalrose
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #271 on: 2007 October 16, 02:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now that I've finished reading the entire thread, I must say that I'm pissed beyond measure!  I do not use any of these Cd-burning programs, because unfortunatly coming to this site is about as much on the dark side as I travel, but it still burns me up!  I can't even put together an intelligent thought right now, I'm so mad!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #272 on: 2007 October 16, 06:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

Yeah, but that's the kind of bureaucratic process that tends to mostly drive home the canned, ineffectual nature of your system.

I prefer the following system:
Listen
Acknowledge
Fix
Fuck Off.

It makes for a much faster turn-around. Besides, everyone knows customers are never satisfied, so just fix the problem and fuck off. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #273 on: 2007 October 16, 08:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

Yeah, but that's the kind of bureaucratic process that tends to mostly drive home the canned, ineffectual nature of your system.

Listen
Acknowledge
Fix
Fuck Off.

It makes for a much faster turn-around. Besides, everyone knows customers are never satisfied, so just fix the problem and fuck off. Tongue

Another reason why it's better is because the first letters ain't making any stupid acronym. The only thing worse than stupid corporate acronyms are motivational posters.

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Avast
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #274 on: 2007 October 16, 08:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SecuROM Support Team"
Hello,

Please be informed that SecuROM has no influence in your burner in any way.
SecuROM does not install any malware, including any viruses, spyware or Trojans, nor does it enable any third-party to gain access to your computer.

SecuROM simply downloads and stores SecuROM license data and information to assist with disc authentication and activation. This data and information does not affect your computer system in any way.

The link below contains a tool which removes SecuROM except it's digital rights management data:

http://www.securom.com/support/SecuROM_Uninstaller.zip

Please download it, extract the application file and follow the instructions below:

- The easiest way of using this tool is to copy the SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe file into your C:\ directory.

- Open the Windows command box by pressing and selecting the option. Now type 'cmd' (without 's) and press on the keyboard.

- Type: 'cd\' (without 's) and press on the keyboard.

- Please type now: SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe /uninstall

- A dialog box will appear. To start the SecuROM uninstallation, press the button.

Please understand that any application that uses SecuROM will rebuild these files and folders with future launches.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
or via e-mail: support@securom.com

Oh really?  :?
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #275 on: 2007 October 16, 13:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe they're still sending out that ridiculous removal tool that doesn't do a damned thing.  :evil: And they're still denying SecuROM does anything................besides provide "copy protection for Bon Voyage."

What a load of shit. It actively searches your drives for programs and then disables the ones that SONY thinks you shouldn't have!!!!

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #276 on: 2007 October 16, 14:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Listen
Apologize
Satisfy
Thank

Listen
Acknowledge
Fix
Fuck Off.

Though it pains me do so, I must agree with you Pes.  We have fixed computers for people who swear that someone is coming in and messing with their settings.  Even though they didn't have that little "Save Settings on Exit" checked.  Trying to explain too much always leads to dumber questions.  And I wouldn't trust a fucking thing Sony says period, I've seen to much of their technical brilliance.  Won't even go into EA dumbshits.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #277 on: 2007 October 16, 15:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, they're correct because it didn't do jack-shit to my burner but it screws with my burning software.

SecuROM does not install any malware, including any viruses, spyware or Trojans, nor does it enable any third-party to gain access to your computer.

As far as I'm concerned, SecuROM/Sony is the third party since my agreement was with EA and not them.  Since I didn't agree to have their crap on my machine, I consider it malware.  So there, they're wrong.

SecuROM simply downloads and stores SecuROM license data and information to assist with disc authentication and activation. This data and information does not affect your computer system in any way.

'Scuse me, downloads license data and information onto my computer without my permission?  Whenever Windows Media, ZoneAlarm or any other program I have on my computer wants to update, it asks me, whether in the initial setup (Would you like automatic updates?) or whenever there is an update ready to download.  But, they think it's alright to just use my computer to store their shit at their pleasure and I'm supposed to be OK with that?  I think not.

Requip, I'm writing to that law firm you posted.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #278 on: 2007 October 16, 16:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already contacted them and made sure to mention Sony DRM (they're very familiar with that) and the FTC settlement as well as SecuROM and EA. It does say they respond to all communications so I'm curious to see what they say.

I hope others do the same. Sooner or later, the FTC calls/emails and this may do some good.  :?

(well, fu**.........I can hope, can't I?)

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #279 on: 2007 October 16, 16:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, all we have right now is hope since EA isn't doing the right thing and trying to fix this.

I mentioned the FTC settlement, copied my complaint to the FTC and mentioned the names Electronic Arts/EA, Sony DRM, SecuRom, plus sent them a few links to the Wiki entry and the BBS.

I'm hoping everyone who's pissed off does something because the more that complain and say Hell No!, the more action will come from it.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #280 on: 2007 October 16, 17:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read through, and didn't see where the no cd crack was explained as legal or not for sure.  I just thought I'd let you all know that at the BBS they are saying that no cd cracks are illegal, even if you are using it to power your legally purchased game.  Someone's post about it was deleted, and they threatened with permaban if it's brought up again.  

I don't know how to make a tiny url, so it's at the bbs under secure rom, titled fandec130.   It was posted by SimMasterZen.

**edit** They have also added it to the bbs rules, as the very first thing not to be discussed, since it is "illegal".  http://thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs_rules.php

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #281 on: 2007 October 16, 17:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Wikipedia:
Quote from: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-CD_crack"
A No-CD crack is a modified executable file or a special "byte patcher" program that removes built-in CD check mechanisms allowing the user to run computer software without having to insert their required CD-ROM.

This act is a form of software cracking. No-CD cracks can be found on the Internet from various reverse engineering websites or file sharing networks. No-CD cracks have legal uses, such as creating backups of legally owned software (a user right by law in many countries) or avoiding the inconvenience of placing a CD-ROM in the drive every time the software is being used, although this might be used likewise to circumvent software laws by downloading and executing full versions of non legally owned applications[citation needed].

In addition to cracked executable files or byte patchers, CD protection can be thwarted by producing a mini image containing only enough of the software's CD-ROM contents needed to bypass protection. This image can then be mounted with a disk image emulator such as Daemon Tools to trick the user's computer into believing the disk image is the software's physical CD-ROM and it is in the drive.
Note "No-CD cracks have legal uses, such as creating backups of legally owned software (a user right by law in many countries) or avoiding the inconvenience of placing a CD-ROM in the drive every time the software is being used".

So, yeah. Very very illegal stuff there. I use no-CD cracks for all my CD-based games now. My PC setup makes putting in/switching CD's a royal pain in the butt (stupid tower is 1/2" too big to fit in my roller table).

Quote from: "LilyLocksley"
Quote from: "kariminger"
Also can confirm that the damned thing still gives me motion sickness if I play for more than an hour. And I suck at being an archer in first-person games.

Sorry to stray off topic here, but thank god I thought I was the only one! I have not been able to play most games since the Nintendo 64 because they make me so sick after about a half hour. I take crap loads of motion sickness pills before playing but it usually does not ever help.

Edited to be readable.
Echo the Dolphin, which was a game for the Dreamcast, made me throw up just from hearing it. First person games it takes about an hour, and it's the motion. But I do get used to it after a bit. When I was doing my first play-through of Oblivion, I had to take it in little bits, then I could play for hours with no problems. Though I think the way the bow moves gets me more now. Odd, I've never been carsick and I love rocky boats.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #282 on: 2007 October 16, 17:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  I think that since I've legally purchased the games I play (I don't have anything after seasons.)  I should be able to play them without having to insert my cd every time.  I just know that the bbs is taking the stance that all no cd cracks are illegal, and you aren't allowed to even mention them, for fear of bannination.  I am in total disagreement, I just know that if you have a no cd crack on the computer, ea considers it illegal, so you may have some troubles if you were choosing to deal with them.  (god only knows why would would choose to deal with them now though.)

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #283 on: 2007 October 16, 17:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am really, really glad I never got Bon Voyage now.  I hear it's really fun though.   Do the No CD hacks circumvent the SecuRom problems for sure?  If so, then I can purchase and be tricky.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #284 on: 2007 October 16, 19:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Micavaga"

Technically, they're correct because it didn't do jack-shit to my burner but it screws with my burning software.

As far as I'm concerned, SecuROM/Sony is the third party since my agreement was with EA and not them.  Since I didn't agree to have their crap on my machine, I consider it malware.  So there, they're wrong.

'Scuse me, downloads license data and information onto my computer without my permission?  Whenever Windows Media, ZoneAlarm or any other program I have on my computer wants to update, it asks me, whether in the initial setup (Would you like automatic updates?) or whenever there is an update ready to download.  But, they think it's alright to just use my computer to store their shit at their pleasure and I'm supposed to be OK with that?  I think not.

Requip, I'm writing to that law firm you posted.

Sorry but I disagree with you and have 2 DVD burners & 2 computers here to attest to the fact. I had an LG burner, which after installing H&M & BV (bought at the same time) messed the LG burner over so good it couldn't write anything legible (not even when re-read on itself). So I bought a new burner (different brand - but not naming it so that those who want to tighten things up and might be reading this won't know which to tighten). I didn't change/re-install or set up anything in Nero - it was the same as it was when the LG was on here. Yet my new one burns things properly. And if you've read the thread, you'll know that the LG works perfectly fine on my husband's computer (which doesn't have SecuROM on it) and whatever it writes on his computer, can be read anywhere including back on itself again. So they mess with the burners - probably it has something to do with the burner's ROM BIOSes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: