PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 22:33:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84728 times)
seapup
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #60 on: 2007 October 05, 01:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I haven't tried loading SC4 since BV...
Seems to work, I didn't enter a city but it loads the world screen ok.
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #61 on: 2007 October 05, 01:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My biggest problem when I first installed BV was that I couldn't play it for longer than 5 or 10 minutes before it would just shut down with no warning, no nothing.  I uninstalled, reinstalled and still the same.  I got pissed off and ripped the BG and all the EPs off (I don't have any of the Stuffs) and reinstalled them all.  Pain in the ass, but in the end, I can play BV (and I can watch DVDs and play SimCity 4 with no problems).  Last thing to test is if I can burn a CD again once I get some more blank discs.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #62 on: 2007 October 05, 06:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JFederated"
I'll likely be following Kari's lead and get my butt to Staples for an external HD...finally.  Something I should do anyway for backup purposes in general, but nothing like an EA/Sony effigy burning to get the motivational juices flowing.   :wink:
Yeah, I've been meaning to get something for a good year. I just got an 8GB memory stick. More than enough for all my MP3s, pics, and Sims folders. The rest I have on CDs (programs) or I have it all written down where I got bits and pieces from. Learned that the hard way after my second true virus wiped my old laptop.

So guess what? I got rid of Securom. I reinstalled my antivirus (which I had tried before) and it works. Awfully big coincidence. My game also ran really smoothly when I played tonight, but I wasn't on the level 10 biz public beach lot which was the one where lag was getting very noticeable. I was on another beach lot, but it's fairly quiet (just mom, dad, teen girl, toddler boy, and now two cats).
Quote from: "redisenchanted"

If there is a class action lawsuit, I bet it will be the death of the Sims. Leave it to EA to manage to take the best selling computer game ever and destroy it.
I know. This is my biggest fear, really. Dumbasses.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #63 on: 2007 October 05, 07:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reasons to buy legitimate software are getting fewer.

Soon you will hear Sony squealing that they didn't know it was a rootkit, that they buy SecuROM from someone else. It sort of worked for them last time.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #64 on: 2007 October 05, 10:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Skadi"
The reasons to buy legitimate software are getting fewer.

Soon you will hear Sony squealing that they didn't know it was a rootkit, that they buy SecuROM from someone else. It sort of worked for them last time.

You must be psychic, because I hear they have already done that.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #65 on: 2007 October 05, 11:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"

You must be psychic, because I hear they have already done that.

Dude, if they get away with it again, then I say the sheep that corporate scum patronizingly calls 'consumers' totally deserve what those shitpieces allow to do to them.

I am actually very glad that Sims were bundled with Securom - until it was just 'Bioshock' and such problem, it was invisible, for Bioshock is a game for gamers. But when mainstream gets involved, it becomes real to hope for some damage done.  :twisted:

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #66 on: 2007 October 05, 11:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #67 on: 2007 October 05, 11:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn double post

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Jess Maree
Pedobait
ARR!

Leader of the PMBD Lesbian Militia.

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #68 on: 2007 October 05, 12:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

Hehe nicely done, armywife Cool

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
CaptainPirateNinja
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #69 on: 2007 October 05, 13:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right - so if one uses a no-cd crack, secuRom is gone/can't work? I yo ho ho'd my copy and so I'm using a crack. The thing is, my azureus hasn't been working properly for a while now. I open it and it just closes. Maybe this is why?
Why didn't I back up my game?!  :roll:

Oh yeah, and great customer service MaxoidSam. "You should just accept our buggy product or quit playing!"
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #70 on: 2007 October 05, 13:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So SecuRom's a program that they install without your consent and/or knowledge? We can actually sue, since they did not state that in the installation.

For me so far I haven't got any major problems, only glitches in the game.

ETA: I had one MORE glitch, nothing major again but I always get the 'Please insert the Bon Voyage CD-Rom' notice. It's already in the CD drive, and it's not scratched or dirty.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #71 on: 2007 October 05, 15:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's happening to alot of folks and Maxoid Sam's response was to just keep rebooting.  :shock: Ummmm.......I don't wanna have to reboot everysingle time I play.  :roll: I wonder if he got fired? He's been MIA for a couple days now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but by DL'ing and using the no-cd crack, that's not really illegal is it? IF you have the purchased copy of the software? I spent the money, I just wanna "save" my CD's from wear & tear.  :wink:

All this piracy talk and I saw this article this morning.  :?

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/10/riaa-jury-finds.html

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #72 on: 2007 October 05, 15:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking for some sane and rational information. I'm not a techie really, so I'm hesitant to try and remove SecuRom on my own.

One of our computers (desktop, XP-Pro) that had BV installed on it probably needs a whole reformat. There was a lot of questionable stuff on it, so I can't say it was the SecuRom infected BV that did it in, but I wonder.

I also installed it on my new VISTA Laptop. I haven't observed any problems. I disabled the Launcher but have until a few days ago played it with my internet connection on, now I disconnect it. It is becoming less and less appealing though. I wonder if this damn SecuRom is going to bite me in the ass later, makes it hard to enjoy the game. I could uninstall BV and HM, but that wouldn't get the SecuRom out. Gah!! Why is EA so effing stupid!!!??? For years I've played Maxis games and loved them, now I'm thinking I may be putting my computer at risk.

I've never used any kind of cracked software and I'm a little concerned about the idea. Not that I don't think it's justified in this case, but I worry about effing up my computer.

I am going to march out and buy a better back-up system and wait for a solution I'm comfortable with. I honestly don't know what else to do.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #73 on: 2007 October 05, 15:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly how I feel, Redisenchanted.  I'm...waiting.  Much like Securom is waiting.  Oddly enough I'm not even feeling angry...yet!  Sympathetic and angry on others' behalf, and not at all pleased on my own behalf, but the temper's in check thus far - need more info.  On tenterhooks, waiting to see what happens next and how they think they'll scrape out of this.

I also don't want to get into crack usage - I'm very capable of buggering that up without external help.

*waits*

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #74 on: 2007 October 05, 15:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if the nocd crack is illegal - I haven't done it yet.  I don't like to do illegal thing though, so I'll have to research it - and see where my limits are.  

All the 12 year olds at the BBS are jacking me right off - "just reformat" - "not a big deal".  Yeah - maybe if all you have to protect are your pictures of Britney Spears.  I've got all the documents for my Ph.D. on there, my students' marks, or arrange for my rent to be taken out of my bank account.  I make burnt copies, but everyday I do some research or something else important online, and I shouldn't have to back up thousands of files just for the sake of some stupid program that doesn't protect them anyway.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: