PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:54:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 599819 times)
Cass
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1785 on: 2008 October 19, 23:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of lurking once again!

I ran the thread through google translator, and while not perfect (obviously), I was able to get through the gist of it. I would paste it here, but it's a bit glitchy when pasting it. It's.. partially Swedish, when I try.

The post about the mug is Atwat's last post - posted yesterday. She attempted to contact the police about it, but they basically said that they couldn't do anything about it. In the same post, she namedropped a bit. Coconut stood out the most to me.

(edit for typo + clarity)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 2008 October 20, 01:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt anyone sent Atwa a coffee mug Roll Eyes. For one thing, I think the police take that kind of thing pretty seriously in the U.S., I can't see them not taking it seriously in Sweden. If anyone did that, of course, it would be completely out of bounds and totally wrong. But I think she's bullshitting.

Lirael
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 2008 October 20, 01:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran the page through google translator, so here it is somewhat readable.
link
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1788 on: 2008 October 20, 01:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't Steve dislike her though?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: 2008 October 20, 01:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am sure they needed all that background about how she is soooooooo persecuted and lied about in order to help her with a virus. Roll Eyes  By the way, I see I made it into the last post over there.  *waves

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: 2008 October 20, 02:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made 2  Grin  Nice to know what I am supposed to have done this time  Roll Eyes

Seriously if I was that techy I would own a multi million pound home with direct beach access and a 2nd home in Jamaica and be driving an aston martin LOL

Truth is I've never used a proxy and wouldn't even know how to do it but hey it's a nice dream  Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 2008 October 20, 02:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they know who Coconut is, actually? Does anyone?

All in all I say bitch is crazy, I'd ignore her but the level of paranoia is unbelievable and funny. Big bad pirates, not questionable downloading behavior and lack of computer skills gave her trojans - natch.

Roll Eyes Silly twat, stay off the shrooms.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1792 on: 2008 October 20, 03:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She can't be on shrooms - shrooms give you a feel good euphoria, or maybe eve some level of cosmic awareness, depending on who you ask - she is delusional instead....

And someone knows who Coconut is - Coconut does Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 2008 October 20, 03:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She can't be on shrooms - shrooms give you a feel good euphoria, or maybe eve some level of cosmic awareness, depending on who you ask - she is delusional instead....

And someone knows who Coconut is - Coconut does Smiley

True, true - based on this description, Coconut quite possibly is on shrooms! Wink

On that note, I'm going to bed before I get any sillier!
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 2008 October 20, 03:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*puts on tinfoil hat*

I think Thomas hacked her!  He realized she could still be useful to the TSR cause by being a victim of cruel and senseless hacking.  Her reaction is much more honest if he doesn't tell her, of course.  Because frankly, I don't see anyone here caring enough to bother.  Atwat's always provided a steady stream of stupid and drama without anyone having to exert effort; even Coconut's reasons for coming forward were less about her and more about the privacy violations going on behind the scenes.

Once she figures it out, I'm sure she'll take this as a sign of his affection. Roll Eyes

ETA: I found this fascinating - it explains who "Jan Isacsson" is on the Paypal subscription form and WTF he does with his time.  Also OMG there's two of him.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 20, 03:34:15 by littlemisspirate » Logged
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 2008 October 20, 03:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she just got a computer virus. It happens Tongue. The Atwas of the world think everything bad that happens to them is because they're being persecuted; nothing could be bad luck, and certainly nothing could be their own damn fault.

I notice that she claims FAs only make $300 a month here. But in one of her e-mails to sherrie on tomato's insanejournal, she claimed they made $5000 a month. Well, which is it? (I don't think it's $5000 unless the FA in question bottoms for Toma$$ an awful lot.) These are hard numbers, not random opinions, there has to be an actual real number there somewhere.

littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 2008 October 20, 04:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I figured the virus was a bad accident.  The mug (if it's true) is kinda weird though...seriously, with today's shipping costs, who'd bother?  Whatevs.

I thought people like Windkeeper made 5K/month?  The $300/month sounds a lot more accurate.  And she did say she personally only made $120/month.  But those are still pretty big numbers when you add up the fact there are 60 FAs (not including Windkeeper, since she's unofficially retired).  Even if you lowball it and assume they all get $100/month, that's 72K each year for featured artists.  Holy fucking shit that's a lot of money.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 2008 October 20, 04:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did send her a mug like that. That is totally out of line and a complete waste of money. I don't feel bad for her, but it's still a very stupid and wrong thing to do. I did laugh when I first read about it though.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 2008 October 20, 07:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definately think she should be looking in her own backyard.  There are quite a few experts over at TSR.  On coconuts post was the first I had heard of POD and yet they talked about sending one as if it was every day practice.  She has upset a lot of people over at TSR hence the defections.  If the mug is true she needs to look at who had her details, as she wasn't on the list in the private forums, that could narrow it.  I have very little sympathy for her,  I have more thought for the people whose private details where shared for the hell of it by Thomas and gang.  The same things happening to Atwat could have happened to them.  As for people outside of the sims recourse hating her.  I very much doubt it.  She is the source of huge amusement but confines her trouble making to TSR and people that are classified as friends, only her exploits have filtered on to this site.  As she said herself people who she thought of as friends did "the dirty" on her, she should now go and look at who is left on her friend list for the answers she needs.

ETA  I do believe that what she was saying about Maxis and TSR starting up.  But when TSR started out wasn't it free and operating within the terms of the EULA.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 20, 09:44:11 by justso » Logged
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1799 on: 2008 October 20, 13:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA  I do believe that what she was saying about Maxis and TSR starting up.  But when TSR started out wasn't it free and operating within the terms of the EULA.

Yes.  Though I believe it was TSR & Simfreaks who first approached Maxis/EA to get approval to offer items for pay to help cover website costs back in the Sims1 days.  Supposedly Maxis/EA gave the go ahead and said it didn't violate the EULA.  And if it had stayed that way--sites offereing a few items for pay to help cover costs--I don't think you'd see the huge outcry against paysite.  But people got greedy.  It's where Atwa (and TSR) get it wrong.  I think most people understand that it costs money to opperate a site on the scale of TSR.  And I don't think think anyone would complain if a TSR subscription simply offered things like better services, access to extra features, etc.  Its why people don't complain about MTS2 and donations--because they things they are charging for are completely within their rights to charge for.  And also, I've never seen confirmed proof that Delphy or anyone else is making money off of MTS2, where I have seen proof (in the form of a second house) that people are making money off of TSR and therefore that money is going to more than just website costs.

As for the post itself, I believe that her new "sekrit" TSR account probably did get hacked and someone probably did send her the mug.  Waste of time, but she's set herself up as somone who will react (if not overreact), making her a prime target for someone with more malicious intent.  As for the virus though, she probably picked it on the web, just like anyone else.  However, god forbid she actually be like anyone else.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: