PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 05:29:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For Lyriclee
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For Lyriclee  (Read 145936 times)
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #150 on: 2006 October 28, 06:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bandwidth is unmetered.  So far this month, we've chewed up well over 750GB.

So a creator "attack" (if that's what they want to call snagging free goodies, ok then) will accomplish nothing, but our glee at how much bandwidth we're using.

Quote from: "ElmoLovesCyclops"
Most of you are stuck to your opinions and unwilling to consider anyone elses. Which is part of the reason why this is all fucked in the first place and no one can come to a conclusive judgement.

Including you, since you don't seem to be wavering from your opinion either.  My opinion is formed after being in this community for two years, and seeing the baldfaced bandwidth lies turn into lies of having to feed the creator's kids.  And I've already made my opinion on THAT known.

Edit:  And you should learn to edit your posts instead of double, triple or even quadruple-posting.
Immortal
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #151 on: 2006 October 28, 06:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try being in a moderating position yourself before you judge other moderators so harshly. Also remember...lyric may have gone wrong in some ways (i'm not fully aware of the dispute) but i'm trying to give you a basic understanding of the moderators position so you can have some empathy.

I was a mod at MTS2/S2C...she became admin shortly after attacking me in chat.  I've never spoken to a member in a manner anywhere near the way she does.  I also am admin at my own site now...a small site, but stil-I have never spoken to a member like that, there is no excuse.

ne by one they died.
A massacre that took all night
They had no chance, it was no fight
You can't kill what has been killed before...
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
For Lyriclee
« Reply #152 on: 2006 October 28, 06:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading that Dramafest, all I can say is that MTS2 is turning into a paysite friendly police state.

I think Lyric is mental, and needs to go work for the RIAA as they are the only ones who could appreciate a rabid fanatic like Lyric.

I can't stand it when people exploit a fanbase for profit. I make some pretty nice skins, but I'd never charge for them - I want as many people to have my stuff as possible, cause then my ego gets all warm and fuzzy.

Pes can run this site for something like $50 (a figure I heard him mention) with unlimited bandwidth, and no real lag time or any other problem.

This points out that bandwidth is never really an issue, if you look hard enough.

I would prefer that paysites be honest - I'm charging for this cause it's what I do for a living. I bet they don't pay tax on their "income".

Hey, life's tough, I scrape by as do most others in this world, no one gets a free ride, and maybe more people would respect those that do exploit the fanbase a little more if they were honest. (maybe not, who knows)

I stay away from some of the mmorpgs because of the selling stuff for real cash thing.

Think about it - for 4 hair updates and one gift people pay Peggy $10 US. While the EA content isn't always as pretty a stuff pack is better value in terms of objects per dollar. And yet it's okay for *everyone* to bag EA for profiteering. This is the company that *legally* is allowed to profiteer.

In that thread Maria V stated that she uses profits for software and computer upgrades to help her creations. We are paying for her to further her hobby. I would *love* for someone to help me to further my hobby of owning diamond jewellery - I'll even send you a really pretty picture of me wearing said jewellery as a "donation gift".

I guess what pisses me off about it all is the comeback "if you were a creator then you would know how it feels to have something stolen". Lets be honest, no real creator gives a flying fuck about the exchange. Every now and then the exchange spawns some real talent, they always go to a private site sooner or later. I've seen my stuff on the exchange without credit and thought - who cares? Its not like I will die if those people who are downloading that don't know its mine, I'm never going to be able to sleep at night again knowing that people are sharing *my* creations.

I personally applaud Nouk's way of accepting help for the cost of hosting her creations.  I think that should be the only way of getting money from a site - with a break down of costs and money received.

-Missy

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #153 on: 2006 October 28, 08:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that thread Maria V stated that she uses profits for software and computer upgrades to help her creations. We are paying for her to further her hobby. I would *love* for someone to help me to further my hobby of owning diamond jewellery - I'll even send you a really pretty picture of me wearing said jewellery as a "donation gift".

Me too. How about all the fans of my work get together and buy me an all region PS3 so I can keep playing the series I write about? Oh wait, that's not going to happen because I'd never expect that or insist they do that to keep reading what I write. I'd be paying for it myself since it's for my benefit. Oh well.

And hey, talk about issue dodging. I've brought it up twice that ANY unlicensed creator of works using someone elses copyrighted characters/programs/game systems/what-have-you has no right to profit from their efforts, especially if it falls under the catagory of a hobby they willingly pursued and they are not employed by the copyright holders. Elmo seems to be ignoring that one. I hate to tell you it takes a heck of a lot more work to write a decent story than it does to color a hair mesh and fanfic writers get zip for their efforts. In fact, if someone tried to charge for fanfic to feed their kids, the fandom community as a whole would point and laugh and the parent company would issue a C&D order before you could blink. Why is Sims 2 any different? Are you saying someone who cranked out four hair meshes in two months deserves to be paid but a fan writer who puts out fourty pages in the same time doesn't?

Right.

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #154 on: 2006 October 28, 09:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they want to make money on objects creating, get a fucking job at EA Games.

Thats what Im planning to do  :twisted:
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #155 on: 2006 October 28, 09:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
Most of you are stuck to your opinions and unwilling to consider anyone elses. Which is part of the reason why this is all fucked in the first place and no one can come to a conclusive judgement.

Including you, since you don't seem to be wavering from your opinion either.  My opinion is formed after being in this community for two years, and seeing the baldfaced bandwidth lies turn into lies of having to feed the creator's kids.  And I've already made my opinion on THAT known.

Edit:  And you should learn to edit your posts instead of double, triple or even quadruple-posting.

For starters i've only ever posted 3 times in a row. I don't usually do this but thought i would considering how long the first post was, i didn't want one whole page long post. I guess it comes down to opinion yet again though on whether or not that was the right decision.

I'm not changing my opinion completely but i have however said that i understand your side of the argument and after reading things agree with some of the things you have said. I don't recall a single one of you agreeing with anything i have said or even admitting to understanding my opinion. I too have been in this community for over two years and have already said that i agree that the bandwidth lies are pathetic bullshit.

Quote from: "Immortal"
Try being in a moderating position yourself before you judge other moderators so harshly. Also remember...lyric may have gone wrong in some ways (i'm not fully aware of the dispute) but i'm trying to give you a basic understanding of the moderators position so you can have some empathy.

I was a mod at MTS2/S2C...she became admin shortly after attacking me in chat.  I've never spoken to a member in a manner anywhere near the way she does.  I also am admin at my own site now...a small site, but stil-I have never spoken to a member like that, there is no excuse.

As i have said about 3 or 4 times before i am not speaking about LyricLee. I said i don't know the full situation with her but from what i've heard i agree with everything you guys are saying about her. I did however see that not just Lyric was being attacked, all the moderators on S2C were being attacked and i wanted the people who haven't moderated before to have some understanding of what it's like to be moderator before making any generalisations.

LyricLee has acted pathetically and i agree that she should not be a moderator. Being a moderator is about being in a position of reasonable power over a forum and dealing with issues like a mature adult, something she has clearly failed at. So they should get rid of her. Can i make it any clearer that i agree with you?

Quote from: "Caedre"

Not everyone lives in America or wants to move there.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #156 on: 2006 October 28, 09:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is an MNC, so don't let that stop any of the paysite owners from realizing their dreams to get paid for making their creations. Good luck getting through the door, though Tongue
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #157 on: 2006 October 28, 09:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "surelyfunke"

EA is an MNC, so don't let that stop any of the paysite owners from realizing their dreams to get paid for making their creations. Good luck getting through the door, though Tongue

Thanks, I'm gonna study in America probably, EA has their own studies if I read it good  Shocked  and Ive already have my A contacts  Cool  

But yeah, EA even has studies in england, so that shouldnt stop the creators  :lol:  

Where was it that I read a creator should contact EA.. oh wait that was Sunair. Someone said to Sunair that (s)he should contact EA because his/her hairs kicked EA's butt  :lol:
I had to retexture them all, gawd.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #158 on: 2006 October 28, 10:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i'm sure if creators knew it was a possiblity they would do it. I most certainly would. I guess the difference with doing it on their website is they can do it from home and be their own boss.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #159 on: 2006 October 28, 12:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MistressofMerlin"
I guess what pisses me off about it all is the comeback "if you were a creator then you would know how it feels to have something stolen".

That's a really lame comeback, really, because I *AM* a creator, and I don't give a shit about this "stolen" business. I make my shit for me. I don't care who else uses it. It's not like I make any money off it. MATY does not have a redistribution policy because I frankly don't care enough to bother writing a document that doesn't say anything substantive anyway. I mean, what would I say anyway? Do? So why bother? Don't? And I'm supposed to enforce this how? Pointless.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ElmoLovesCyclops
Landlubber

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #160 on: 2006 October 28, 13:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "MistressofMerlin"
I guess what pisses me off about it all is the comeback "if you were a creator then you would know how it feels to have something stolen".

That's a really lame comeback, really, because I *AM* a creator, and I don't give a shit about this "stolen" business. I make my shit for me. I don't care who else uses it. It's not like I make any money off it. MATY does not have a redistribution policy because I frankly don't care enough to bother writing a document that doesn't say anything substantive anyway. I mean, what would I say anyway? Do? So why bother? Don't? And I'm supposed to enforce this how? Pointless.

So clearly the people that do make money off it would care. That's what makes it stealing to them.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #161 on: 2006 October 28, 14:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So clearly the people that do make money off it would care. That's what makes it stealing to them.

...except you're not supposed to be making any money off it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #162 on: 2006 October 28, 14:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I will try to understand your opinion but first I have to get it right.

Sharing pay files openly is bullshit, like rubbing in their face? Your opinion correct? Then I think you said you downloaded them. So if I translate it, you actually said it is bullshit to do it openly but you dont really care of enough not to download them. I would respond with, if you dont care about that opinion I guess I wont either. If you truly had any real opinion about it, you would not have downloaded the files.

As i have said about 3 or 4 times before i am not speaking about LyricLee. I said i don't know the full situation with her but from what i've heard i agree with everything you guys are saying about her. I did however see that not just Lyric was being attacked, all the moderators on S2C were being attacked and i wanted the people who haven't moderated before to have some understanding of what it's like to be moderator before making any generalisations.

Ok, you agree. Here is the thing. Site owners ban people for no more reason than they are associated with Pescado. They ban people for things they do outside of their forums. Everyone here is guilty by association.
Lyriclee has lost control of her body. She is a demon spawn. She goes around the boards she mods/admins at and acts like a lunatic. Her fellow modders say nothing, do nothing and most actually defend her. So, if the other moderators are thrown into the bunch it is their own fault. Why are they afraid of her? Tell her what she is! A good friend would tell her how stupid she looks in the eyes of others. Not to mention Lyric actually goes to other sites and gets you banned from there as well. Reflex forums comes to mind. Reflex had no reason to ban me there, but they did.

We have come to a conclusive judement. Paysites SUCK! They are greedy, selfish people that own sites that (MUST BE DESTROYED).

I think rather than bitching about Pescado, they should thank him. Look at all the bandwidth cost he has been saving them.

You have saved yourself some money but rather than appreciate all those goodies you got, you come here and try to argue how it should be taken down. What about the ones that have not had the chance to get the goodies yet? Kinda selfish isnt it?
I will tell you the same thing I told LyricHag, if you want to argue a point, it is best to do it BEFORE you download the files. After, it seems, what is that word she likes,  is hypocritical.

That's just a wee bit gross. It must have taken balls of steel and a damn good proxy in order to say that to ban-happy Lyric, though I doubt she's the only moderator who would want to ban you for that comment

I got banned and if you read the thread it is in, you would find that it is no where near as bad as calling someone a thief, repeatedly. That was the whole point of the thread. Lyriclee comes here and downloads all the files, then in her high and mighty attitude she calls someone a thief for doing the same thing. She uses the word fuck like most people use the word "and". She takes every single op she gets to downgrade and ridicule people. All those are far worse than saying a bird should shit in her mouth.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #163 on: 2006 October 28, 17:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i'm sure if creators knew it was a possiblity they would do it. I most certainly would. I guess the difference with doing it on their website is they can do it from home and be their own boss.

If they really are as good as they pretend, then EA Games would be jumping for joy if they send them a e-mail.

:roll: luckily they arent
Silvercoin
ARR!

View Profile
For Lyriclee
« Reply #164 on: 2006 October 28, 17:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She does seem to like to wave the word 'thief' around a lot, but for the most part it's harmless. I'm sure she uses that sort of thing to try and intimidate the younger folks. If you know it's fake, you should try not to let it bother you. It makes me chuckle when I see her "NO EXCHANGE!!!" graphic. You know, the one with the fire? She just desperately wants full control over what she views as her copyright (even though it's obvious she doesn't make those textures herself, and most of her stuff is a recolor of someone else's mesh). She's a thief, too, so maybe when she screams at you it's just her way of expressing affection. Two lady friends can call each other bitches, and it isn't always an insult. It's not until someone else says it that it becomes a problem. See what I mean? She calls you a thief because she LOVES you!

But yeah, I know what you mean and I see why you would get frustrated. That's really got to suck when she hunts you down on different forums just to ban you. I've had my posts deleted, but I've never been banned by her. I didn't know she behaved in such an abusive manner until I came here, and then it was a bit of a surprise because everyone over at MTS2 acts like she's an angel. It seemed like maybe people were just ranting because they were modded, but those logs are rather nasty. It's back to lurk mode over there for me, if only because I don't want to have to use my proxy. I will if she bans me, but it goes so slow...
When I said it was gross and all, I didn't mean that I disapproved of the message. She needs to stop treating people like garbage. I just meant that it was GROSS. I have a bird, and bird crap is extremely unpleasant.

EA can make a profit off the copyright they own because it is their product. Fans cannot make a profit because they hold no copyright over the product that does not belong to them. Enelar has put out a very good example, Elmo. Read it, read it again, read it out loud, and then stop pretending like you can't hear yourself talk.

size=9]Yes, Americans are the cause of all the world's problems. We talk wrong, spell wrong, pollute the earth.. Feel free to spit at us if you happen to spot us in your part of the earth. --missangelica[/size]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: