PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 19:32:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 122025 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #240 on: 2007 July 20, 02:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't buy Sims 3 if there's no custom content. That's the whole fun of the game for me since Sims 1. I will be very surprised if they take that route. Either people will get bored and quit playing or they'll find a way to make custom content anyway.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #241 on: 2007 July 20, 03:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This game cuts such a swath across ages and skillsets, there's bound to be someone or some group that cannot resist filling the CC creation niches.  T-Mog, SimPE, _______.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #242 on: 2007 July 20, 03:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still want to know if Suzy got some of the booty?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #243 on: 2007 July 20, 04:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Yeah, Rose did it.  There's a thread on it somewhere.  Of course, many Simmers love her stuff, but they'd have to about as brainwashed as Suzy to ignore the proof that Rose did that.

I called Paypal about this, I like to call people so I can know I am talking to a live person. Anyway I called them when I first heard this because I had donated to Rose in the past. They told me, they do not give your banking information to any store you purchase from; ever. It is against the law, they would loose banking/credit card privileges. The only thing they forward on to the store is your receipt number and your email address. They don't give them your IP or ISP, nothing just those two things. It's all they have ever given them. They said if the site is logging ISP's or IP's that has nothing to do with them. If they are placing codes in their files and creating a log to know who has downloaded what...That also has nothing to do with them. If they are placing spyware in their files to track them, let them know it's in violation of not only Paypal, but in order to take any credit card purchases. They will loose paypal and credit card privileges, from Visa, Master Card, and Discover.

Hawkgirl, Paypal gave you some bad info. In dealing with both an online store front and individual transactions, you get way more than a recipt number and your email address. I can get full address, full name, email address... the only thing they were correct on was banking information. Now some know how to work the Paypal system, but I don't know how. When you sign up for paypal, in order to get the account confirmed, you have to link it to your true bank account and/or a credit card. Now Paypal can not give that information out, but they do use it to confirm who you are. As a merchant, you can get full name, address and full email. It shows up in our transaction registry. Supposedly it is for tax purposes to show who you sold what to, but if you have that info, finding that person's ISP is just a matter of looking. No spyware needed.

Maybe they misunderstood your question and thought you were asking about 3rd party disclosure?

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #244 on: 2007 July 20, 04:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They all do. The booty is to big and full for them to resist.

They love the booty and they can not lie
The other paysite owners can't deny
When they go in a forum and the booty link in that place
And then the free stuffs in their face
They get sprung, wanna pull out our tounges
'Cause they know that stuff is theirs!
Deep in the paysite battle
They-see-their-stuff and get
MAD!

:lol: I had to. Sorry

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #245 on: 2007 July 20, 06:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
*raises right eyebrow* Fascinating. No, I'm not being sarcastic! I mean that. I'm just wondering how in the hell you managed to get this information? Where did you dig to find it? I honestly want to know more. And it would really suck if cc can't be made for Sims 3, but if that happens, well to tell the truth I don't know if I'd be able to afford it anyhow so would probably have to stick to what I'm playing with now. *turns and yells at erd, btg, Hecubus and NiiNii* Get your mind out of the gutter, it's not what you're thinking! Gah! *turns back to Hawk Girl* Seriously, though, I wonder if any of the paysites have had word about this and if so, what in the hell are they gonna do to cover their asses?

Several here know how I got all the information, but I cannot disclose all the details at this time. They are gathering evidence, so it's best to just let them do their jobs and decide what they will do, either way I will support their decision. I will no longer purchase any EA games if they say it's ok. But. I will respect their decision. I personally do not think it will go that way since they are collecting evidence, but it could. For them to collect legal evidence it doesn't happen overnight, so I'll just be patient and see how it goes. Let's just say I have been in contact with EA and not the support/tech team. They are the ones that pointed out to me that what we have with EA is a contract a very legal contract, that lawyers from around the world in EA's own legal depts checked and rechecked to make sure those laws were also upholdable in other countries. Not once did they say anything about copyright/trademark it was all about the contract we agreed too. That the game also comes with an I disagree button if people don't agree to the contract. They didn't do anything about SimPE because it was shared freely, they are also aware of many mods that exist. It is a different story if people are using CC as a means to support themselves, or are making a profit off the game.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #246 on: 2007 July 20, 06:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
Yeah, Rose did it.  There's a thread on it somewhere.  Of course, many Simmers love her stuff, but they'd have to about as brainwashed as Suzy to ignore the proof that Rose did that.

I called Paypal about this, I like to call people so I can know I am talking to a live person. Anyway I called them when I first heard this because I had donated to Rose in the past. They told me, they do not give your banking information to any store you purchase from; ever. It is against the law, they would loose banking/credit card privileges. The only thing they forward on to the store is your receipt number and your email address. They don't give them your IP or ISP, nothing just those two things. It's all they have ever given them. They said if the site is logging ISP's or IP's that has nothing to do with them. If they are placing codes in their files and creating a log to know who has downloaded what...That also has nothing to do with them. If they are placing spyware in their files to track them, let them know it's in violation of not only Paypal, but in order to take any credit card purchases. They will loose paypal and credit card privileges, from Visa, Master Card, and Discover.

Hawkgirl, Paypal gave you some bad info. In dealing with both an online store front and individual transactions, you get way more than a recipt number and your email address. I can get full address, full name, email address... the only thing they were correct on was banking information. Now some know how to work the Paypal system, but I don't know how. When you sign up for paypal, in order to get the account confirmed, you have to link it to your true bank account and/or a credit card. Now Paypal can not give that information out, but they do use it to confirm who you are. As a merchant, you can get full name, address and full email. It shows up in our transaction registry. Supposedly it is for tax purposes to show who you sold what to, but if you have that info, finding that person's ISP is just a matter of looking. No spyware needed.

Maybe they misunderstood your question and thought you were asking about 3rd party disclosure?

I don't think so??? I'm sure they could have, but Paypal sent me the receipt they sent to her because I was threatening with lawyers. It didn't have my mailing address or even my phone number. Nor did it have my banking information. It looked almost exactly like the one they sent to me except it had her merchant code and the name of the business on it. It didn't even have her banking information on it as to where the funds would be deposited. They told me for electronic downloads that information is not given. Only when a merchant needs a shipping address in order to ship the merchandise. Just my real name, and email addresss is given for electronic downloads as well as a receipt number. Then they get their summary at the end of the year, or quarterly for all sales. Rose did tell me at that time that she knows exactly who is sharing what, and that another website the people sign up for gives her all the information she needs. That they require all information when you sign up for them. I figured that would be TSR since they're the only ones that required all my information before I could become a member. So I don't know if Paypal did it and lied to me about electronic downloads and that they only turn over personal information for electronic downloads to law enforcement. Or if they told me the truth and Rose got all the information from another website. I do know if Paypal gave Rose that information and she shared it, it should be reported to Paypal. Sorry I have to keep editing I'm trying to make sense and chase down a two year old and three year old at the same time. Making me crazy lol

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #247 on: 2007 July 20, 06:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

I don't think so??? I'm sure they could have, but Paypal sent me the receipt they sent to her because I was threatening with lawyers. It didn't have my mailing address or even my phone number. Nor did it have my banking information. It looked almost exactly like the one they sent to me except it had her merchant code and the name of the business on it. It didn't even have her banking information on it as to where the funds would be deposited. They told me for electronic downloads that information is not given. Only when a merchant needs a shipping address in order to ship the merchandise. Just my real name, and email addresss is given for electronic downloads as well as a receipt number. Then they get their summary at the end of the year, or quarterly for all sales. Rose did tell me at that time that she knows exactly who is sharing what, and that another website the people sign up for gives her all the information she needs. That they require all information when you sign up for them. I figured that would be TSR since they're the only ones that required all my information before I could become a member. So I don't know if Paypal did it and Rose and Paypal lied to me. Or if they told me the truth and Rose got all the information from another website. I do know if Paypal gave Rose that information and she shared it, it should be reported to Paypal.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #248 on: 2007 July 20, 06:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jebus help us how many times are you planning on posting in this thread?

There's something called "edit" at the top you know - click it for more insight.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #249 on: 2007 July 20, 06:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Jebus help us how many times are you planning on posting in this thread?

There's something called "edit" at the top you know - click it for more insight.

Agreed.  What's the deal with quoting your own post and not typing anything new?  :?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #250 on: 2007 July 20, 10:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The picture has been deleted (the NeptuneSuzy one), did someone save it???  :idea:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #251 on: 2007 July 20, 10:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You betcha baby - when needed again I will pull it out.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #252 on: 2007 July 20, 10:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why was it deleted? Anyone know?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #253 on: 2007 July 20, 11:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
You betcha baby - when needed again I will pull it out.  Cheesy

You are a good wench!!  Cheesy

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #254 on: 2007 July 20, 14:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily - I posted about the TOU in S2C, but I did ask a question as well and would like to hear your answer.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: