PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 08:26:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 122014 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #225 on: 2007 July 19, 21:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a bar called Judge Roy Beans in Fairhope Alabama that looks like an old shack but is the coolest place with an outdoor sand volley ball court and little sayings every where very similiar to the movie.  

Ensign....are you stomping out on me again?  Damn

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #226 on: 2007 July 19, 21:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ummm, why are we so keen to out the FA that leaked the screenshot that busted sweet li'l Suzy?

That would end further juicy revelations. A heart-felt thanks to our hero is enough I think.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #227 on: 2007 July 19, 21:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanna know because I'm nosy.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #228 on: 2007 July 19, 21:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm stomping out.  And slamming doors.  That makes it much more final.

[Quote from thread linked by Leila]
"I honestly couldn't live without so many pay creators like Peggy,Raon,Rose Sims 2,Chaz."

Wtf, Chaz?

It also worries me that this person is apparently going to commit suicide or just drop dead if any of those creators ever left the scene.

[Another quote]
"If paysites aren't allowed anymore, I'll be in big trouble. But I'm really not worried about it because if Maxis really didn't want paysites, they would have stopped it long ago, like back in the Sims 1 days."

What, she doesn't have a job?  (Of course she doesn't.)  And someone should inform her of what happened to MAXIS.  :wink:

I don't really care who took the screenshot, but I definitely wouldn't object to knowing.  :lol:  That'd be a lot of PMs to send out, though.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #229 on: 2007 July 19, 22:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading that other forum made me laugh too.  Chaz? Seriously? I don't understand that at all. His pics look like crap, so, it's no surprise that in game they are fug.
I like cc and all, even pay cc, but, I know I don't feel as desperate as the posters on that forum do.  :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #230 on: 2007 July 19, 22:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaz hair looks like shit in game.  Pics on the site are great....but very misleading.

Has anyone asked the question of Pes?  Did our FA guest visit the booty? That would make my fucking day.

*sniff* *Ensign slams doors* *Sits in corner drinking rum to hide the pain*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #231 on: 2007 July 19, 22:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

double post - not my day

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #232 on: 2007 July 19, 22:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Armywife, you think Chaz's pics are nice? I disagree. I think they are fug.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #233 on: 2007 July 19, 22:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
Armywife, you think Chaz's pics are nice? I disagree. I think they are fug.

Ok.  Maybe I should explain.  When I first started downloading cc, I wanted some of the hair by Chaz that I saw on TSR.  It looked really great to me since I knew nothing about animation and binning at the time, compared to the same ole' maxis hair.  However, once I downloaded it and saw it in the game, I was pissed because it looked nowhere near as good.  I haven't even bothered to look at anything else he does after that.  So, maybe that will help to understand that I was not familiar with other sites and downloads.  

I probably should have explained more.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #234 on: 2007 July 19, 22:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Yeah, Rose did it.  There's a thread on it somewhere.  Of course, many Simmers love her stuff, but they'd have to about as brainwashed as Suzy to ignore the proof that Rose did that.

I called Paypal about this, I like to call people so I can know I am talking to a live person. Anyway I called them when I first heard this because I had donated to Rose in the past. They told me, they do not give your banking information to any store you purchase from; ever. It is against the law, they would loose banking/credit card privileges. The only thing they forward on to the store is your receipt number and your email address. They don't give them your IP or ISP, nothing just those two things. It's all they have ever given them. They said if the site is logging ISP's or IP's that has nothing to do with them. If they are placing codes in their files and creating a log to know who has downloaded what...That also has nothing to do with them. If they are placing spyware in their files to track them, let them know it's in violation of not only Paypal, but in order to take any credit card purchases. They will loose paypal and credit card privileges, from Visa, Master Card, and Discover.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #235 on: 2007 July 19, 22:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?p=2163#2163
http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=58
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #236 on: 2007 July 19, 23:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
I'm still not sure what you mean by copying.  I don't think copying is a synonym for redistribution.

I guess, think of an  ebook, I could buy a Steven King e-novel, I own the novel but King still owns the copyright. I can't make 100,000 copies and give them away to my neighbors.... if I had 100,000 neighbors! LOL!.[/quote]

I think the point your missing and a lot of other paysites seem to miss is the fact that you gave up your right to copyright the minute you agreed to the terms of EA's contract.

You did click on I agree, did you not? Some people don't realize all it takes is that one time. Doesn't matter how many times you uninstall and reinstall the game, and it didn't make you do it the second or third time. That initial install it is there. That contract is then stored on your PC forever. Just do a new install on a PC it's never been installed before on. I just installed the base game on my grand-daughters new PC and it's the same as when you purchase the downloadable game. Word for word. It plainly states in layman's terms that you agree anything created for, uploaded to the game becomes the "SOLE" property of EA. By contract, not by copyright or trademark; contact. You are treated no different in a court of law than a ghost artist, so no you would not win. EA would.

You know like the oral contract you gave to TSR that they could store your stuff forever? What makes that contract anymore viable or worthy than the contract you agreed to with EA not to sell anything you create for the game?

All EA has to do is a feasibility study and show profits from initial release to now, if there are any flucuations that show profit loss they could sue for millions for copyright infringement? Trademark infringement? NO and they won't. Those are set fines/penatlies. They have to send cease orders, give people time to comply, etc. They will sue for violation of contract. No warning at all, just see you in court.

And not to bust anyone's bubbles here I was also told that EA is considering licensing agreements with other reputible companies for the Sims 3. Not with any Paysite that exists now. They know they are taking Maxis meshes renaming and selling them, or altering them a little and then selling them with their recolors/retextures. They are aware that several employee's that work for the EA website are also working for these paysites and are investigating them. EA is aware of all the bans, all the paid for items never received, etc... I was told they are now collecting evidence, that doesn't sound like they plan on doing nothing. They have legal depts in over 25 countries.

And believe it or not they are also aware that TSR has not created more fans, it has disenchanted more fans than it has ever gained for EA. So EA and their legal dept are not as stupid as people think they are.

If the Sims 3 comes without the ability to create CC you can thank your friendly paysite for violating the contract they made with EA. Which is also why EA will never do anything to Sims File Vault or PMBD, they are not in violation of the contract they agreed too.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #237 on: 2007 July 20, 01:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*raises right eyebrow* Fascinating. No, I'm not being sarcastic! I mean that. I'm just wondering how in the hell you managed to get this information? Where did you dig to find it? I honestly want to know more. And it would really suck if cc can't be made for Sims 3, but if that happens, well to tell the truth I don't know if I'd be able to afford it anyhow so would probably have to stick to what I'm playing with now. *turns and yells at erd, btg, Hecubus and NiiNii* Get your mind out of the gutter, it's not what you're thinking! Gah! *turns back to Hawk Girl* Seriously, though, I wonder if any of the paysites have had word about this and if so, what in the hell are they gonna do to cover their asses?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #238 on: 2007 July 20, 01:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
If the Sims 3 comes without the ability to create CC you can thank your friendly paysite for violating the contract they made with EA.

Well, it's the first I've ever heard the "no more CC in TS3" being blamed on the paysites instead of the pirates, so kudos for that.  :wink:
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #239 on: 2007 July 20, 01:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I wouldn't enjoy sims 2 without the custom content. I spend more time searching and downloading the content to make sims and build/decorate houses than actually playing. The same goes for sims 1. Unless something miraculous happens, I doubt I'd play sims 3 without custom content. I'd still probably buy it to see what it's all about though.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: